(0-1) (0-0) Tullahoma vs Cookville (1-0) (0-0)

THStect

Who will win  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the game

I believe that Tullahoma will bounce back this week after they got man-handled last friday. If they come out passing using Different wide-outs key to the game different wide-outs. And talking to Coach Olive they could use more of their spped backage this week. Look for the defense to be much more improved Cookville doesnt have near the talent as blackmen but just as well coached.

Score Tullahoma 35 cookville 14

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is a toss up at the moment, Both teams Are looking for their first win as Cookeville lost to Giles Co in a close one 28-21 and of course Tullahoma got outmatched by Blackman 49-27. Game will come down to who wants it more, both teams battled back for deficits and fought till the end. Look for Tullahoma to score late to win 24-20.

Tullahoma will have to contain Daylan Martin to have a chance to beat Cookeville. As the loss to Blackman and last year's loss to Cookeville showed, the Wildcats are not the best team at tackling fast, strong running backs, which Martin is.

Cookeville's offense has to avoid the mistakes it made in falling to Giles Co. Tullahoma might well fill the box with eight and force the two new Cavalier QB's to try and beat them. Blackman was effective in its short passing game.

On the flip side Tullahoma's offense had multiple significant drives against the Blaze. The Wildcats may have more team speed than Cookeville, and if Tullahoma can get a running game established early then QB Jared Davis could have a big night.

Cookville's defense is always tough, always sound and solid. Yes it gave up some big plays against Giles Co., and Tullahoma has a number of players just as athletic and fast as any Giles Co. player. But the Cavaliers are usually in the right scheme and have the right personnel in the right place defensively most of the time.

I'm thinking this is a good matchup and pretty even and one mistake or turnover will decide it.

Tully to win.

I give The Tully big thumbs up. While they took it on the chin the first half, the team never quit. Tullahoma will win games this year. If the coaches can work a little with thier huge line they should be a strong team by November.

Much improved over last year.

I totally agree with the donkey!

I don't know enough about either team to predict a score, but am excited to be at the game tonight. My Rebels are resting up for Shelbyville, so I will visit the new Wildcat Stadium and watch an excellent football game.

Since predictions are fun, regardless of knowledge, I'll take Cookeville 28-21. Tullahoma could get their chins down early if they feel another "Blackmon" coming; however, I think they are too well coached, and will keep it close.

Edited by Rebel_Pride

Tullahoma showed signs of being the football team I thought they could be. The Cats have the most speed I can ever remember in the backfield with Jordan Sheffield and Trey Burks. Jared Davis had a great solid game and the defense improved. Whether Tulahoma can win the District 8AAA championship this season is still to be seen, but the Cats can become the frontrunner next Thursday nite on tv and 101.5, Charter Channel 6 and fantansyradio.com with a win against Columbia, the reigning District 8AAA champion and state runner-up in 5A. Cody Farr, Dylan Crouch and Kyle Snell stood out on defense, but its a team effort. Support the THS QB Club by attending the pancake breakfast at the First Baptist Church from 7-10am and eating at Zaxby's anytime on Saturday. Congratulations to the coaches for an outstanding job tonite and good luck Thursday nite against the Lions.