Volunteer @ North

rogers4falcons

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be one of the better games to spend your money on in week 1.I look forward to watching Rogers this year and would like to see him in a game with equal talent.I caught the North vs Central JV game yesterday and know North has some good looking 10th and 11th graders.There was no one to give the names,but I had a real good ideal of who one player was ,and he had a real good game "Dad".Good luck to both teams this week.

This should be one of the better games to spend your money on in week 1.I look forward to watching Rogers this year and would like to see him in a game with equal talent.I caught the North vs Central JV game yesterday and know North has some good looking 10th and 11th graders.There was no one to give the names,but I had a real good ideal of who one player was ,and he had a real good game "Dad".Good luck to both teams this week.

Hey Batman if I had known you were there I would have came over, Mine was #2 last year ( hince the name 02raiderdad ) but went with #7 this year. He had a good night. THANKS

With out a doubt everyone knows I am pure Raider but I try to always be honest. I have a tremendous amount of respect for BOTH Rogers brothers, with out big brother, little brother would have NEVER made it back to where he is now. I think the game will be a slugfest for the 1st 1/2 then the Black & Gold will roll and the Falcons will not be able to stop all the Raider weapons. Most of the pieces came together the 2nd 1/2 last week and a lot of work has been done since then. Raiders 28 Falcons 14

Good Luck to all the boys and play safe.

It's GOOD TO BE BLACK & GOLD GO RAIDERS

should be a good one but i think volunteer will edge this one out for the win. that is if rider's coaching doesn't hinder the boys. after watching last weeks game against the cyclones i am starting to believe rider is coaching because of his family ties and not because of his abilities. his job as coach is to make in-game adjustments to give volunteer a chance to win, but i saw no changes on either side of the ball. volunteer has some great talent but it is hard to tell running a GIMMICK offense. spread it out, air it out, and let's see what these volunteer boys can really do coach.

Edited by falconfan00

should be a good one but i think volunteer will edge this one out for the win. that is if rider's coaching doesn't hinder the boys. after watching last weeks game against the cyclones i am starting to believe rider is coaching because of his family ties and not because of his abilities. his job as coach is to make in-game adjustments to give volunteer a chance to win, but i saw no changes on either side of the ball. volunteer has some great talent but it is hard to tell running a GIMMICK offense. spread it out, air it out, and let's see what these volunteer boys can really do coach.

Do you not understand that a big reason that vhs is running a "gimmick" offense is because they have no line!!! The offense they are running is good for teams with below average offensive lines which is what vhs has. You say spread it out and throw the ball did you not watch any of the game last week? Houston had no time to throw the ball and the receivers werent getting open. Dont get me wrong i would love to see them throw it all over the place and anyone that knows me can tell you why but this is not the type team that needs to be throwing it a lot. And another thing give coach Rider some support for goodness sakes theyve had one game so far and you are acting like they just had another 0-10 season. Rider knows what hes doin let the man do what he was hired to do and support him while hes doing it! This is one of the biggest problems vhs football has right now too many ppl bad mouthing rider and its not doing anything but making things worse! I would love to see you take over for a season just to see how well you do!

Now as for the game I gotta go with volunteer they played pretty well for the most part last week against a team that is far better than north.

VHS 22

North 12

Do you not understand that a big reason that vhs is running a "gimmick" offense is because they have no line!!! The offense they are running is good for teams with below average offensive lines which is what vhs has. You say spread it out and throw the ball did you not watch any of the game last week? Houston had no time to throw the ball and the receivers werent getting open. Dont get me wrong i would love to see them throw it all over the place and anyone that knows me can tell you why but this is not the type team that needs to be throwing it a lot. And another thing give coach Rider some support for goodness sakes theyve had one game so far and you are acting like they just had another 0-10 season. Rider knows what hes doin let the man do what he was hired to do and support him while hes doing it! This is one of the biggest problems vhs football has right now too many ppl bad mouthing rider and its not doing anything but making things worse! I would love to see you take over for a season just to see how well you do!

Now as for the game I gotta go with volunteer they played pretty well for the most part last week against a team that is far better than north.

VHS 22

North 12

i understand what the new offense is meant to do, it just does not work for all situations. i agree with alot of what you said, but we are not in our 1st year with the coach and the last 2 years were bleek. i support the school, the team, the players, and respect All the coaches. but the job for any coach is to improve the football program and make it better than when they arrived. i dont assume we are going to have an 0-10 season, what kind of fan would wish that. just want to see volunteer be competitive once again....

Edited by falconfan00

i understand what the new offense is meant to do, it just does not work for all situations. i agree with alot of what you said, but we are in our 3rd year with the coach and the last 2 years were bleek. i support the school, the team, the players, and respect All the coaches. but the job for any coach is to improve the football program and make it better than when they arrived. i dont assume we are going to have an 0-10 season, what kind of fan would wish that. just want to see volunteer be competitive once again....

Theres really not a whole lot any coach can do when the talent just isnt there and the talent at vhs just isnt there and hasnt been there since the 07 season. Yeah there are some good players on this team and there were some on last years team theres just not enough to compete especially in the big 8. If vhs wants to win more games they are going to have to somehow find some guys that can play on the o-line. That is vhs' problem every single year and when they do have a descent year theyve got some talent on the line until vhs gets those players it will be rough on them no matter who is coaching so dont put all the blame on coach rider.