GOODPASTURE AT MACON COUNTY

NEEDFORSPEED

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this game was tied at the half at 27. What happened in the 2nd half?

Turnovers. One at the GP 5 yard line going in for the score on the opening drive of the 2nd half when the back was caught from behind...an intercepetion for a score (great run by the GP player by the way to put it in the endzone) from the MC 30 or 40? One more on another potential MC scoring drive at the GP 10 or so when the receiver coughed it up after a great reception. It was a great game overall by both offenses. Neither defense really stopped the other's offense from moving the ball effectively. An exciting game to witness on a beautiful football night. Good luck GP on the rest of your season. Tigers will get that win soon. Just gotta tighten up that defense.

Edited by Wishbone

Heard this game was tied at the half at 27. What happened in the 2nd half?

Wow what a game! Goodpasture had over 700 yards of offense! They passed well, they ran the ball great! #33 and #22 had great days running the ball. For some reason, they did not play any defense in the first half. Goodpasture is going to be able to score on anyone. With the receivers, backs, and line they have, they won't have that problem. What they need to do work on is there pass defense! They keep playing a soft zone, and it lets the receivers from the other team run wild thru the secondary. They need to press, play man to man, or something different. There corners have speed, but they need more speed at free safety. To many times they got beat with the long ball. I am sure Coach Martin will tighten it up. Good effort, and congradulation on breaking the school record for yards gained!

Macon County was really good at times but still no defense. They are given up 48 points/game and they just can't do that. Turnovers really cost the tigers last night. I think if they could've punched it in on that opening drive of the second half they may have won that game last night. But tigers must improve on defense(goodpasture had 740 yards of offense) and if they do they can look foward to some W's. :thumb:

Edited by JacketNationFan1

RBS opponents weren't 1. Trousdale County 2. Friendship Christian 3. Goodpasture. Perenial state championship contenders. I expect this year is no different. That's a pretty tough lineup right out of the gate for any team.

I agree with Wishbone. Macon starts off there season with 3 teams ranked in the top 10 in the state. Sorry they don't play the schools of the def/blind to start their season.

RBS couldn't score 27 in a half on Goodpasture if they were allowed to play with 15 at a time. Macon County's schedule is about to get much more managable. I look for them to use the BYE WEEK wisely and make a push in the 2nd Half and suprise a few folks. Pemberton has them competing.....

Bet they could score that many against Cheetum Co :roflol:. :roflol:

RBS opponents weren't 1. Trousdale County 2. Friendship Christian 3. Goodpasture. Perenial state championship contenders. I expect this year is no different. That's a pretty tough lineup right out of the gate for any team.

That type of schedule will help MC as long as they keep the right mind set. Good luck until you play LA then it will be good health! lol