District 13AA

Here is how the district schedule looks this week....This is the first week of district play...Should be fun....

Ripley Tigers (1-1)(0-0) @ Gibson County Pioneers (0-1) (0-0) 7:30pm....Last week: Ripley defeated McNairy County 43-20...Gibson County DNP...Last year: Ripley beat Gibson County 42-0...Gibson County will still be looking after that first win in a while...

Milan Bulldogs (2-0)(0-0) @ Westview Chargers (1-1)(0-0) 7:30pm....Last week: Milan defeated Huntingdon 28-0...Westview lost to McKenzie 15-13...Last year: Milan defeated Westview 24-7....Westview's veteran defense vs Milan's young offense..Should be a good game but I'll give the edge to the Bulldogs...

Covington Chargers (1-1)(0-0) @ Dyersburg Trojans (0-1)(0-0) 7:00pm...Last week:Covington lost to Munford 27-12...Dyersburg DNP...Last year:Dyersburg beat Covington 42-7...Dyersburg will be chomping at the bit to get back on the field after the Dyer County loss in Week 0...Covington will look to give a better showing than the 35 point loss last season to the Trojans...I'll go with Dyersburg in this one...

Crockett County Cavaliers (1-0)(0-0) @ Obion County Central Rebels (1-1)(0-0) 7:00pm...Last week: Crockett County defeated Bolivar 38-14...Obion Central lost to Sikeston,MO. 42-34....Last season: Crockett County defeated Obion Central 34-21...This series is surprisingly close overall..The Cavs lead 7-6 but the last five games have not been close...Since 2005 the Cavs are 5-0 vs the Rebs and have done so by way of a 47-12 scoring average...Last season was a competitive game but still a loss for OC..In recent years OC has been able to get past everyone in the district (4A side) except Haywood and Crockett...This will be a totally different team that what the Rebs saw last week..The Cavs threw for zero yardage....Whereas the Sikeston Bulldogs were a multiple threat that OC had to watch out for the pass out of the spread...Crockett County will see a very good pass offense this week..One of these days OC is going to have to get past the Cavs if they want to get to another level...This week is not a done deal for the Cavs as it has been in the past...They will have to play for 4 quarters to get the win...I'll go with Crockett County ..The Rebs have to get better on the defensive side of the ball...

Haywood County (1-1)(0-0) lost to Liberty 40-0..Has an OPEN DATE...

So, my picks look like this...

Ripley over Gibson County

Milan over Westview

Dyersburg over Covington

Crockett County over Obion Central