South Panola @ MUS

BigSneaky

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Pepvol - there's a difference - most DII fans will go and post on DI threads that involve the teams that they play - in this case, in the past 10 years the Blount county schools have played 298 games. 2 games involved DII schools...2005 and 2006 Alcoa vs. McCallie...that was five and six years ago. I think you see where I'm going here, but if not I'll spell it out for you...Alcoa and Maryville have a great tradition and have had lots of success AND are both great teams, but the point is we probably care as much about Alcoa and Maryville as we do Dobyns Bennett, South Pittsburg, Knox Catholic, Greeneville, CAK, Milan, or Trousdale Co. Here's why - we don't play any of those schools and those schools don't play anyone of national significance so there's not reason for us to care about what they do. Most of the DII fans care about Tennessee High School football - we like to see our teams do well against other teams from other states - I think all of us were pulling for Gallatin two weeks ago - when teams do well against teams from other states it makes football in our state look good. So when we don't play Maryville or Alcoa and Maryville or Alcoa don't really play anyone of national significance or from other states REGULARLY (I know Alcoa has played a few teams from other states a few times) it doesn't really mean much to us. We welcome you to comment on any of the games, offer insight on teams from your area that you play that we play, but, PLEASE, take the Alcoa and Maryville love fest/DII bashing back to the 3A and 6A boards - where it belongs (or even to the Public/Private board). We've already been through this charade multiple times.

I never posted, but only read post on the DII boards. However, after Ovol started a post in the 3A boards knocking Alcoa for the OOS game with Middleboro, A weak opponent and then other DII supporter attacked Alcoa for not playing nationally ranked opponents?

So, I figure I'll stay here and bash this little corner of TN high school football because Alcoa is 100% against NOW DII schools in the last 21 years! :thumb:

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Upvote 1

I never posted, but only read post on the DII boards. However, after Ovol started a post in the 3A boards knocking Alcoa for the OOS game with Middleboro, A weak opponent and then other DII supporter attacked Alcoa for not playing nationally ranked opponents?

So, I figure I'll stay here and bash this little corner of TN high school football because Alcoa is 100% against NOW DII schools in the last 21 years! :thumb:

Convenient, because 22 years ago you got whipped by a DII school.

Hey Olmommavol.........I gave you the reason Alcoa played Middlesboro. And I gave you the reason Alcoa as a small public school can not travel all over the country But, seems you really did not want to know why and ONLY wanted to knock and belittle Alcoa for their success?!

Re-read my post where I give you the reason Alcoa played Middlesboro.

Got anything to add? Or, you thinking of some other reason to knock Alcoa's program? Tell us CoachT readers why those reasons are not acceptable to you? Plus, tell us why YOU, someone that played one year at Oak Ridge before moving out of state years ago knows whats best for Alcoa? Can you do that without whining? :rolleyes:

BS, you can continue to falsely accuse me of belittling Alcoa all you want, but the fact remains is that I've done nothing but promote Alcoa's success on these boards, as well as national boards. The thread I started was to simply state that, IMHO, I wished that Alcoa would've played a more elite team. If you look back at all my posts you will see that I have posted nothing but praise for what Alcoa has done. It is you that has blown this whole thing way out of proportion. I simply want Alcoa(and Maryville) to get the national recognition they deserve. It's fans like you that leave a sour taste in everyone's mouths.

Sorry that I only played two years of high school football in TN(Webb/Oak Ridge) and the rest OOS. I did, however, live in TN for over ten years. I think I have earned the right to comment on TN football. I never insisted that you value my opinion(obviously you don't), but to only respect it, as I do yours.

Even though it was ugly with a capital UUUUUUUUUUUU don't forget that MBA laid it on the line and played Byrnes out of Duncan, South Carolina. I don't see any other teams in Tennessee wanting to play that rual little public school Byrnes, even when they are pleading with teams to schedule them so they will have a ten game schedule. Why is it that the South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama & Mississippi public schools will play the Tennessee private schools but the Tennessee public schools don't want to play the Tennessee private schools?

Yeah, you're right, it was ugly with a capital UUU! At least they stepped up and took on the #1 team in the nation that year. That's something Alcoa would never do....

BS, you can continue to falsely accuse me of belittling Alcoa all you want, but the fact remains is that I've done nothing but promote Alcoa's success on these boards, as well as national boards. The thread I started was to simply state that, IMHO, I wished that Alcoa would've played a more elite team. If you look back at all my posts you will see that I have posted nothing but praise for what Alcoa has done. It is you that has blown this whole thing way out of proportion. I simply want Alcoa(and Maryville) to get the national recognition they deserve. It's fans like you that leave a sour taste in everyone's mouths.

Sorry that I only played two years of high school football in TN(Webb/Oak Ridge) and the rest OOS. I did, however, live in TN for over ten years. I think I have earned the right to comment on TN football. I never insisted that you value my opinion(obviously you don't), but to only respect it, as I do yours.

Alcoa and Maryville are and have been Nationally ranked.......Your TRUE motive was to knock Alcoa for playing a weak team.

Now, answer the question...........Why do YOU someone that does not even live in TN know whats Best for the Alcoa program? Alcoa is already Nationally ranked and has Nike as a sponsor......pretty good for a small 500 student public school.

Actually only 3 years. You can put the DII dominance to rest, you lost in 88.

:roflolk: I love it.............you can not stand it! Alcoa has beat DII And NOW DII schools with one................just one loss. AND big wins against JB Coleman lead McCallie..................two straight years, A F5 blow out of Brentwood Acad. in 1989!

And total domination of Webb! :thumb:

:roflolk: I love it.............you can not stand it! Alcoa has beat DII And NOW DII schools with one................just one loss. AND big wins against JB Coleman lead McCallie..................two straight years, A F5 blow out of Brentwood Acad. in 1989!

And total domination of Webb! :thumb:

Good luck this year, I hope both Maryville and Alcoa do well and add to their collection of gold balls. Would love for our schools to meet up sometime, if nothing else, just to see a good football game.