South Panola @ MUS

BigSneaky

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

That's all you have to say, old man?

Typical ... I try to not say something on this board that I wouldn't be willing to say to that person's face .

We get it Omahavol , and other DII fans who don't respect Maryville or Alcoa , your jealous that anyone other than a DII school might get attention . Why don't you guys do what you need to do and come and play DI ... then you all can prove it on the field how much more superior you are against all of us inferior public schools ? Other Private schools have joined the mainstream of Tennessee football , why can't MBA , BA , & MUS do the same ? COME AND GET SOME !!

Oh yeah, playing 3A ball is playing the best the state has to offer. Excellent point there, Einstein!

On the contrary MBA,MUS, and BA have played the likes of S. Panola,Prattville,Trinity, St. Xavier,Moeller, and Bolles over the years. Let's see, Alcoa has played two CHUMP teams, Bell Co and Middlesboro? Yeah, that's really stepping up!

BC(or BS, whatever your name is) why don't you and all your big, bad friends go back to Blount County and continue playing Maryville every year and no one else.

You're not going to start crying are you? :huh:

You're right. I should not let myself stoop to his level. I'm getting tired of him crying about everything and reading his spew.

Hey Olmommavol.........I gave you the reason Alcoa played Middlesboro. And I gave you the reason Alcoa as a small public school can not travel all over the country But, seems you really did not want to know why and ONLY wanted to knock and belittle Alcoa for their success?!

Re-read my post where I give you the reason Alcoa played Middlesboro.

Got anything to add? Or, you thinking of some other reason to knock Alcoa's program? Tell us CoachT readers why those reasons are not acceptable to you? Plus, tell us why YOU, someone that played one year at Oak Ridge before moving out of state years ago knows whats best for Alcoa? Can you do that without whining? :rolleyes:

Edited by BCsportsfan

Why don't you guys do what you need to do and come and play DI ... then you all can prove it on the field how much more superior you are against all of us inferior public schools ? Other Private schools have joined the mainstream of Tennessee football , why can't MBA , BA , & MUS do the same ? COME AND GET SOME !!

More than plenty of public schools--champions at the highest levels such as Oakland, Smyrna, Ravenwood, White Station, Melrose, and Hillsboro--aren't hiding behind the arbitrary division of D1/D2 that Gary Rankin created and are willing to play us in the regular season. If Maryville and whatever team Gary Rankin is coaching refuse to play us, that's fine. Just don't expect loads of respect from us. Obviously it bothers both of you enough to come over to the D2 boards and post away on a thread that has neither Alcoa nor Maryville in its title. I get the embarassment though.

I'm just going to laugh when Maryville starts beating Alcoa again and Rankin has to figure out a way to get out of that game.

I don't get it. When Maryville plays Maplewood (2007), Maplewood is part of the best competition in the state. Same for Hillsboro (2001, 2002, 2006, 2008). Same for Pearl-Cohn (1997). But, when MBA plays the same schools (and they have played all three - some in the same year), those schools are "yawners"?

I guess the SAME reason when Alcoa does not play the Titans you DII girlie want to whine! :thumb:

More than plenty of public schools--champions at the highest levels such as Oakland, Smyrna, Ravenwood, White Station, Melrose, and Hillsboro--aren't hiding behind the arbitrary division of D1/D2 that Gary Rankin created and are willing to play us in the regular season. If Maryville and whatever team Gary Rankin is coaching refuse to play us, that's fine. Just don't expect loads of respect from us. Obviously it bothers both of you enough to come over to the D2 boards and post away on a thread that has neither Alcoa nor Maryville in its title. I get the embarassment though.

I'm just going to laugh when Maryville starts beating Alcoa again and Rankin has to figure out a way to get out of that game.

Hey broken record........is that the best you got? :roflolk:

BC - why are you posting on the DII boards?

Gee ... never , I repeat never has a DII fan posted on a DI thread !! :roflol:

Hey Bigredbigblue , I don't care if you respect us or not . You guys are the ones hiding in a tiny little corner of Tennessee Football , If you want my respect do Like Catholic , and many other private schools and Come and get you some !! Quit hiding behind the Scholarships ... you guys go on how superior you are , so prove it , talk your schools into doing whatever it takes to join up with the rest Of Tennessee Football .....

Edited by pepvol

Oh yeah, playing 3A ball is playing the best the state has to offer. Excellent point there, Einstein!

On the contrary MBA,MUS, and BA have played the likes of S. Panola,Prattville,Trinity, St. Xavier,Moeller, and Bolles over the years. Let's see, Alcoa has played two CHUMP teams, Bell Co and Middlesboro? Yeah, that's really stepping up!

BC(or BS, whatever your name is) why don't you and all your big, bad friends go back to Blount County and continue playing Maryville every year and no one else.

Even though it was ugly with a capital UUUUUUUUUUUU don't forget that MBA laid it on the line and played Byrnes out of Duncan, South Carolina. I don't see any other teams in Tennessee wanting to play that rual little public school Byrnes, even when they are pleading with teams to schedule them so they will have a ten game schedule. Why is it that the South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama & Mississippi public schools will play the Tennessee private schools but the Tennessee public schools don't want to play the Tennessee private schools?

Edited by cbg

Hey Bigredbigblue , I don't care if you respect us or not . You guys are the ones hiding in a tiny little corner of Tennessee Football , If you want my respect do Like Catholic , and many other private schools and Come and get you some !! Quit hiding behind the Scholarships ... you guys go on how superior you sre , so prove it , talk your schools into doing whatever it takes to join up with the rest Of Tennessee Football .....

Okay, I'll get right on it!

Even though it was ugly with a capital UUUUUUUUUUUU don't forget that MBA laid in on the line and played Byrnes out of Duncan, South Carolina. I don't see any other teams in Tennessee wanting to play that rual little public school Byrnes, even when they are pleading with teams to schedule them so they will have a ten game schedule. Why is it that the South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama & Mississippi public schools will play the Tennessee private schools but the Tennessee public schools don't want to play the Tennessee private schools?

You might as well have written that post in Sanskrit, if the intended audience was our two visitors.

Hey Bigredbigblue , I don't care if you respect us or not . You guys are the ones hiding in a tiny little corner of Tennessee Football , If you want my respect do Like Catholic , and many other private schools and Come and get you some !! Quit hiding behind the Scholarships ... you guys go on how superior you sre , so prove it , talk your schools into doing whatever it takes to join up with the rest Of Tennessee Football .....

Pepvol - there's a difference - most DII fans will go and post on DI threads that involve the teams that they play - in this case, in the past 10 years the Blount county schools have played 298 games. 2 games involved DII schools...2005 and 2006 Alcoa vs. McCallie...that was five and six years ago. I think you see where I'm going here, but if not I'll spell it out for you...Alcoa and Maryville have a great tradition and have had lots of success AND are both great teams, but the point is we probably care as much about Alcoa and Maryville as we do Dobyns Bennett, South Pittsburg, Knox Catholic, Greeneville, CAK, Milan, or Trousdale Co. Here's why - we don't play any of those schools and those schools don't play anyone of national significance so there's not reason for us to care about what they do. Most of the DII fans care about Tennessee High School football - we like to see our teams do well against other teams from other states - I think all of us were pulling for Gallatin two weeks ago - when teams do well against teams from other states it makes football in our state look good. So when we don't play Maryville or Alcoa and Maryville or Alcoa don't really play anyone of national significance or from other states REGULARLY (I know Alcoa has played a few teams from other states a few times) it doesn't really mean much to us. We welcome you to comment on any of the games, offer insight on teams from your area that you play that we play, but, PLEASE, take the Alcoa and Maryville love fest/DII bashing back to the 3A and 6A boards - where it belongs (or even to the Public/Private board). We've already been through this charade multiple times.