South Panola @ MUS

BigSneaky

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I think some folks have lost sight of an important fact: Last year MUS scored 3 TDs and SP scored 3 TDs. The game came down to a missed extra point (and subsequent 2 pt conv). MUS will most likely never see the talent they had last year, and honestly, they squeaked out the win against SP. MUS is very well-coached and Alston knows how to succeed at high school level football. Overall, I just don't think MUS is in the same class as SP and most likely never will be. A 70 point thrashing might have finally brought well-intentioned MUS fans back to a sobering reality check. I respect MUS. And I respect SP. MUS ain't no SP!

Year in and year out Alcoa has the best D1 and D2 talent in the state. Over the last several years they now have some of the best coaching in the state to go with it. NOW Alcoa can compete with ANYONE IN the state. MUS has/had a good team, but I'd put Alcoa's players against them not only this year but last year too.

All the talk was about Brunetti last year, and he was a good QB, but nothing like the QB's Alcoa has produced!

MUS does not have the talent and player depth Alcoa has and it showed in the SP game.

Alot closer? I think you're not giving South Panola enough credit and Alcoa too much. South Panola has blown out COlquitt COunty, Petal, and MUS. All top 10 teams, I honestly think the result would be the same if USP lined up against Alcoa. MUS probably has the best Oline in the state, but they were manhandled. No team in Tennessee with the exception of maybe Brentwood Academy or Oakland could really compete with USP.

I wish I had a pair of your Rose colored glasses. You obviously know absolutely nothing about Alcoa's offensive line. We are ranked in the national top 100 for a reason. For you to assume that anything MUS has is better than that of Alcoa's is a huge assumption.......Alcoa might not have won this game either, but im sure they would have scored more than 2 points...... :thumb:

Alot closer? I think you're not giving South Panola enough credit and Alcoa too much. South Panola has blown out COlquitt COunty, Petal, and MUS. All top 10 teams, I honestly think the result would be the same if USP lined up against Alcoa. MUS probably has the best Oline in the state, but they were manhandled. No team in Tennessee with the exception of maybe Brentwood Academy or Oakland could really compete with USP.

Well, if you really want to break down who SP has played, let's do it. Petal is a top 10-15 MS team(overall) and MUS is top 10-15 in TN(THIS year.) SP beat Petal 38-0 and MUS 39-2. They are probably about even. So, they should've manhandled MUS. This was not a big surprise to me. Colquitt County was severely overrated and overhyped. In addition to SP, they have already lost to a GA 2A small school(Cook) 15-9. You're right about BA and Oakland. They are two of the top TN teams this year. You have to include Alcoa and Maryville in that conversation, too. SP is a fantastic team this year. I have them at #2 in the nation right now. However, they would NOT manhandle Alcoa like they did MUS.

I'll just disagree with you Omaha. Other than Randall Cobb what other QBs/ATHs have they produced? I'm asking out of ignorance not trying to slight Alocoa. And MUS was not just a one man team. McBride and Almond were beasts and so was that defense, yes Bruenetti was good, but keep in MUS spanked the 6A champs with their backup QB. I'll take South Panola against Alcoa 38-14 if they played. I guess that is alot closer. 45-10 if they played Maryville etc. I think SP only beats Brentwood academy and Oakland by 3 scores at the most.

Until a competitive DII ever comes to Blount County the home of 22 championships and plays...........uh, maybe you DO know what would happen!! :roflol:

Alcoa has beat every DII team and teams that are NOW DII the last 21 years!

Only BA beat Alcoa 23-12 way back in 1988! The nationally ranked and undefeated Alcoa team returned the favor in 1989! :thumb:

There's a phrase in East Tn too............"flat landers no good in football!"

anyone know if Gary Rankin attended the MUS-S.Panola game? I ask because when he ducked out of the Clinic Bowl as HC of Riverdale against either MBA or BA in '05, he did do a heck of a job to support the charity by buying a ticket to the game and showing up like any other fan. Obviously Rankin will never schedule one of these games but at least he likes to watch in person! Probably would have had a nice time eating hot dogs and slugging down a few cokes in the stands with all the other fans and parents.

anyone know if Gary Rankin attended the MUS-S.Panola game? I ask because when he ducked out of the Clinic Bowl as HC of Riverdale against either MBA or BA in '05, he did do a heck of a job to support the charity by buying a ticket to the game and showing up like any other fan. Obviously Rankin will never schedule one of these games but at least he likes to watch in person! Probably would have had a nice time eating hot dogs and slugging down a few cokes in the stands with all the other fans and parents.

You keep hiding behind what Riverdale did........Alcoa has had three different Head coaches in the last 10 years. And in that 10 years......7 state championships with those three coaches. Alcoa will play ANY DII school anytime! Alcoa needs 4 games next season.......put up or shut up!

You keep hiding behind what Riverdale did........Alcoa has had three different Head coaches in the last 10 years. And in that 10 years......7 state championships with those three coaches. Alcoa will play ANY DII school anytime! Alcoa needs 4 games next season.......put up or shut up!

Like I said, Rankin would rather eat glass than play one of us. If he wouldn't play us when he was 30 miles away with twice as many boys as we have, why would he do it at a much smaller school several hundred miles away. He won't do it, so there's no point in even talking about it. Whatever the previous Alcoa coaches did in putting together those aggressive schedules will no longer matter because Gary Rankin is only interested in D2 schools when they have a job opening.

If this years South Panola team is as good as the team I saw on TV in the Mississippi State Title game(2004 or 2005 cant remember the year) then Alcoa doesn't want any. No disrespect to Alcoa because I respect them a ton. But! That SP team was freaking loaded with specimens. They looked like a college team.

DUDE!?!?!?! What QB has Alcoa produced that was better than Barry Brunetti???????? Barry Brunetti was a starter in the All-American game and played HURT all year last year! Barry Brunetti lead his team to a top 5 national ranking.... lol.... name me one Alcoa QB that has been better than Brunetti in the past 10 years...

DUDE!?!?!?! What QB has Alcoa produced that was better than Barry Brunetti???????? Barry Brunetti was a starter in the All-American game and played HURT all year last year! Barry Brunetti lead his team to a top 5 national ranking.... lol.... name me one Alcoa QB that has been better than Brunetti in the past 10 years...

Randall Cobb......Ever heard of him? Go do a goggle search........ :popcorneater: One of the better players in the SEC. Pretty good game Saturday...something like 150 all purpose yards running/throwing/receiving......Brunetti's not even in the same league.

Even has his own video game! :thumb:

Randall-Cobb-360-Cover.jpg?v0

Edited by BCsportsfan