Halls @ Powell

osunut2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to see Halls like this , I have a lot of great memories of Maryville & Halls battling it out . I like Coach Julian , but maybe some of the Halls posters are right .... may be time for a change .

Halls could have a season exactly like last year's - start 0-6, and finish with 4 straight wins (Central will be a tough final game). If Halls manages to go 4-6, would that make it difficult for them to make a change?

I hate to see Halls like this , I have a lot of great memories of Maryville & Halls battling it out . I like Coach Julian , but maybe some of the Halls posters are right .... may be time for a change .

Just an opinion from an outsider with inside knowledge......Halls, if they would have played fresh to seniors the past

3-4 years could have been in the playoffs with ease.....look at last years talent and the year before....better yet look at their

record from 7 yrs old and up.....just saying...

Just going on how they looked last night ..... they'll never make 4-6

Take away one great kickoff return by #7 , and Halls didn't generate any offense , even with their 1's vs Powell' 2's & 3's

They won't make 4-6 this year.

I had a feeling last night would be this bad. I very rarely disagree with HTV but this time I knew that rivalry closeness wasn't in the cards.

Halls offensive coaching needs a major overhaul. Which it has needed the last two years. If not Halls will be down for a long time.

I still can't see the 08 and 09 talent. 07 was the last talented Halls team the record speaks for itself. Also, they had to play under the same wing-t offensive scheme. But no matter it is what it is. Halls just has to forget about last night and move on. However, change is needed immediately.

Edited by ZCAR

That, R&B, is a harsh but ultimately correct comment based on what Powell made us look like last night. Later in the game it appeared Powell had its JV in on defense but our offense, which at the time was still filled with our ones, couldn't even score then.

I suppose the cliche about Jimmys and Joes rather than X's and O's is appropriate in our case this year. But in the previous five years, particularly 07 - 09, Halls was loaded with talent and yet still underachieved. That is X's and O's.

Diver how did the 07 team underachieve? Didn't they win their first playoff game in a decade or for that matter the 08 or 09 team. The 08 team didn't have a chance unless Dowdy qb'd and he didn't. I'll agree with you on coaching on that. But the 09 team? They got punished by the the good teams and killed the weak ones. For 2010 very few week teams are around so it's going to be difficult. you can't blame everything on coaching and injuries. We just can't run that offense plain and simple.