South Greene @ Cumberland Gap

budkilmer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First district contest of the year for both teams. This is when football, in my opinion, gets really fun. South Greene is 2-0 and CG is 1-0. Last year was the first time that either team had won on the other's home field. Granted, CG has only been a school since 2003. That trend was broken last year in an absolute thriller. One of the best games I personally have ever witnessed. I know that many of you are basing the outcome of this one on the jamboree, a glorified scrimmage. But the last time i checked, a football game consists of 4 qtrs, not just one. And, there won't be any mass substitutions in the game either. Did CG look terrible, even their first team, against SG then....absolutely. But that is also without a week of preparation for their opponent. In my opinion, this game will be decided like it was last year, in the trenches. Another huge factor will be if CG can get their paws on the elusive Shuffler. That kid can flat out play. I feel that if CG can limit the big plays of SG and make a few of their own, then they can win this one. If they don't, then it could be a long night for the Panthers. CG has a couple things in their favor, their youth has a game under their belts, and it wasnt an easy one, and they are playing their home opener. Only time will tell, but I think that the Panthers have a good shot in this one. I agree with all posts so far, no doubt, these two teams always put on a good show for the fans. It is a good, competitive rivalry for the BRAC. I hope to see a good classy ball game with no injuries.

CG - 24

SG - 21

In a nailbiter!!!

Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

First district contest of the year for both teams. This is when football, in my opinion, gets really fun. South Greene is 2-0 and CG is 1-0. Last year was the first time that either team had won on the other's home field. Granted, CG has only been a school since 2003. That trend was broken last year in an absolute thriller. One of the best games I personally have ever witnessed. I know that many of you are basing the outcome of this one on the jamboree, a glorified scrimmage. But the last time i checked, a football game consists of 4 qtrs, not just one. And, there won't be any mass substitutions in the game either. Did CG look terrible, even their first team, against SG then....absolutely. But that is also without a week of preparation for their opponent. In my opinion, this game will be decided like it was last year, in the trenches. Another huge factor will be if CG can get their paws on the elusive Shuffler. That kid can flat out play. I feel that if CG can limit the big plays of SG and make a few of their own, then they can win this one. If they don't, then it could be a long night for the Panthers. CG has a couple things in their favor, their youth has a game under their belts, and it wasnt an easy one, and they are playing their home opener. Only time will tell, but I think that the Panthers have a good shot in this one. I agree with all posts so far, no doubt, these two teams always put on a good show for the fans. It is a good, competitive rivalry for the BRAC. I hope to see a good classy ball game with no injuries.

CG - 24

SG - 21

In a nailbiter!!!

Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

One of the best offensive games maybe. I'm more of a defensive game type of guy. Yeah I'm pretty sure South Greene won last year's jamboree quarter too.But not as bad as this year. I think losing Shipley will hurt the Panthers the most this year. He was a player, but I know it's a team game and not based on one player. Stop Shuffler and Haney, Panthers win. If not, Rebels win.

One of the best offensive games maybe. I'm more of a defensive game type of guy. Yeah I'm pretty sure South Greene won last year's jamboree quarter too.But not as bad as this year. I think losing Shipley will hurt the Panthers the most this year. He was a player, but I know it's a team game and not based on one player. Stop Shuffler and Haney, Panthers win. If not, Rebels win.

Could not agree with you more Bud. Those two are the catalysts for that team. Yo also got to throw in that good receiver that SG has too. Sorry, don't know his name, but he caught some balls against CG at the jamboree and looked like a pretty good athlete. #2 i think is his #. Shipley was a great player, no doubt. I feel like the qb we have now, who is only a soph, has the potential to be as good. He doesnt have the bulk, but he is a very good runner and good passer too. He just needs to mature in my opinion. SG didn't appear to be very deep in the jamboree. Can any of you Greene Countians shed some light on that? Also, i will stay with my prediction...

CG - 24

SG - 21

In a close one. :thumb:

Could not agree with you more Bud. Those two are the catalysts for that team. Yo also got to throw in that good receiver that SG has too. Sorry, don't know his name, but he caught some balls against CG at the jamboree and looked like a pretty good athlete. #2 i think is his #. Shipley was a great player, no doubt. I feel like the qb we have now, who is only a soph, has the potential to be as good. He doesnt have the bulk, but he is a very good runner and good passer too. He just needs to mature in my opinion. SG didn't appear to be very deep in the jamboree. Can any of you Greene Countians shed some light on that? Also, i will stay with my prediction...

CG - 24

SG - 21

In a close one. :thumb:

#2 is Keenan Wilhoit, great athlete. They have also used the TE # 5 Kyle Donahue in the past but haven't seen his name in the papers lately. I haven't seen SG play this year except in the jamboree. As far as depth goes, I don't think the Rebels have much. If a few key players get hurt, the team will reflect upon that. They also aren't very big up front, however, they are physical and will get after you.

#2 is Keenan Wilhoit, great athlete. They have also used the TE # 5 Kyle Donahue in the past but haven't seen his name in the papers lately. I haven't seen SG play this year except in the jamboree. As far as depth goes, I don't think the Rebels have much. If a few key players get hurt, the team will reflect upon that. They also aren't very big up front, however, they are physical and will get after you.

Thanks Bud for all your info. It should be a good one tonight. There is a slight chance of rain and if that happens then i think the advantage goes to CG because it should slow down SG's athletes. Im hoping anyway!! haha It should be a good game though regardless. Best of luck to both teams tonight and I hope they both put on a good show for us all an both teams come out injury free.

CG - 24

SG - 21

Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: