Great Officiating Calls

Canesoverhere

WOw...Could it be???? 50 yards from the call, 30 yards from the end line? Do you think the linesman made the right call? Could this be the first time this has happened? Apparently this just may be some big plan to invalidate SocRefs comments....

Canes, when you come off your meds, you will realize I am not against advances in technology for the good of the game. I am cautious of any technology that disrupts the flow of the game. I am also cautious of pretentious pudgy armchair analysts who really should pick up a whistle and run some pounds off. I've heard you for years bashing refs. Its got old my friend. I'm bored.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canes, when you come off your meds, you will realize I am not against advances in technology for the good of the game. I am cautious of any technology that disrupts the flow of the game. I am also cautious of pretentious pudgy armchair analysts who really should pick up a whistle and run some pounds off. I've heard you for years bashing refs. Its got old my friend. I'm bored.

Well...it look's like your flopping.

"Soccer does not need reform. Get over it Canes.

The Laws of the Game are intended to provide that games should be played

with as little interference as possible, and in this view it is the duty of referees

to penalize only deliberate breaches of the Law. Constant whistling for trifling

and doubtful breaches produces bad feeling and loss of temper on the part of

the players and spoils the pleasure of spectators. (FIFA IBD V)

If FIFA wants to instill an instant replay, then there will be interference in the flow of the game, and soccer as the world knows it, will no longer exist. What will take its place is a sport bent on placating the whims of a public that wants zero defects, which is impossible. Zero defects in playing, as Ghana proves, is impossible. Zero defects in coaching, as all losing coaches show, is impossible. Zero defects in officiating, impossible. It is a no win situation that FIFA will fall to the trap of destroying the beautiful game for those that do not understand it. "

Regarding the sofa comment, I'll be happy to report back to you on that real soon.....

Well...it look's like your flopping.

"Soccer does not need reform. Get over it Canes.

The Laws of the Game are intended to provide that games should be played

with as little interference as possible, and in this view it is the duty of referees

to penalize only deliberate breaches of the Law. Constant whistling for trifling

and doubtful breaches produces bad feeling and loss of temper on the part of

the players and spoils the pleasure of spectators. (FIFA IBD V)

If FIFA wants to instill an instant replay, then there will be interference in the flow of the game, and soccer as the world knows it, will no longer exist. What will take its place is a sport bent on placating the whims of a public that wants zero defects, which is impossible. Zero defects in playing, as Ghana proves, is impossible. Zero defects in coaching, as all losing coaches show, is impossible. Zero defects in officiating, impossible. It is a no win situation that FIFA will fall to the trap of destroying the beautiful game for those that do not understand it. "

Regarding the sofa comment, I'll be happy to report back to you on that real soon.....

You took my missive out of context. I see no inconsistency. Be precise in your interpretation.

FIFA's look at potential line technology is not "reform" in the sense that you would call it reform. The first paragraph is right out of the IBD. Its their words not mine. The second paragraph is mine. Sorry to disapoint you in your quest of the "I got socref" moment. As long as their technology does not disrupt the flow of the game that would be different. No technology is without defects. I was referring to instant replay to disrupt the flow of the game. For a goal, the play is dead so that would not be the issue. I am against the stopping of the game constantly like we see in basketball and soccer. Baseball is not dependent on a clock to define the span of 9 innings.

You took my missive out of context. I see no inconsistency. Be precise in your interpretation.

FIFA's look at potential line technology is not "reform" in the sense that you would call it reform. The first paragraph is right out of the IBD. Its their words not mine. The second paragraph is mine. Sorry to disapoint you in your quest of the "I got socref" moment. As long as their technology does not disrupt the flow of the game that would be different. No technology is without defects. I was referring to instant replay to disrupt the flow of the game. For a goal, the play is dead so that would not be the issue. I am against the stopping of the game constantly like we see in basketball and soccer. Baseball is not dependent on a clock to define the span of 9 innings.

Never expected waffling out of you...of all people...I'm disappointed