Lenoir City Panthers @ Sequoyah Chiefs

dumdum

First off Coach White was a horrible coach. If you weren't there and playing for him than you have no idea. And as for Maryville well lets see when your brother is the assistant coach that can kinda open some doors for you now can't it? He may be doing well at Maryville but he's not calling the shots he's only a lines cach. Maybe one day he will be a good coach. As far as the sideline parents that's at every school even the one you pull for. And if the go big red statement at the bottom of your post was four Loudon than all I have to say was good job against Alcoa last week. Go LC I am proud of our kids the direction of the program and coach Z. Also, having a middle school team that looks to be heading for another state championship doesn't hurt either.

I know Coach White personally and it sounds to me that you might be one of those who were behind him not being around any longer, typical bleacher coach.Trust me, Lenoir City has MORE than it's share of folks like you, never put on a jock strap but have all the answers.In case you haven't noticed, Sequoyahs colors are red too! What is the talk going around about a NEW COACH after the loss to Loudon (again)? As for middle school championships turning to high school championships, that seems to only happens in Blount County doesn't it.Finally, turn on your spell check, you're making your English teacher un-happy. GO CHIEFS!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Coach White personally and it sounds to me that you might be one of those who were behind him not being around any longer, typical bleacher coach.Trust me, Lenoir City has MORE than it's share of folks like you, never put on a jock strap but have all the answers.In case you haven't noticed, Sequoyahs colors are red too! What is the talk going around about a NEW COACH after the loss to Loudon (again)? As for middle school championships turning to high school championships, that seems to only happens in Blount County doesn't it.Finally, turn on your spell check, you're making your English teacher un-happy. GO CHIEFS!!

I agree with you watermaker! LC has some great kids and some great parents but politics is heavy. Coach White was a very good coach that won some games and even took a team to the second round of the playoffs in 2004 and beat a very good Fulton team during the season. (I think that's the right year) Then LC got moved up in classification and the talent dropped off and they haven't been able to win since. Coaches get blamed for a lot that they have no control over. With that being said, is was time for Coach White to leave and he ended up with a great opportunity. The best thing that has happened to that program is the middle school program and Coach Wampler is doing a great job with that. But a middle school "state" championship doesn't mean a lot beyond the kids in the program and their families and community. It doesn't translate into high school wins, especially when their region is probably the toughest in the state. Coach Z and Whilhite are solid coaches and good men and I wish them and LC luck. I think LC pulls this one out tonight.

By the way, why do people have to start attacking each other on here. You knock someone for spelling but yet you have errors on your post. Glass houses people!!

Ill tell you from experince that white was an idiot and i played under him for 3 years so i do know what im talking about, and the loss to Loudon guess what the only reason he ever beat them is because of hightower and johnson and they even lost their senoir year and without them white never would have won; and here in recent years the only blount county team to win state is Alcoa and wouldnt you know it as soon as white got there Marryville lost state and havent won since. With all that said i ahve no problum with him as a person he just wasnt a head coach for above 3a. As for my pick LC wins this game with strong D and big plays on O LC 28 Sequoyah 7

LC dominated this game from the start! The chiefs did a good job with stopping the run but when lc decided to throw the ball and spread things out the chiefs couldnt stop it! Seq could only run the ball and that was it... Had no pass threat what so ever and that really hurt them tonight! LC gets tds from a few different players tonight and looked good in the win.

LC dominated this game from the start! The chiefs did a good job with stopping the run but when lc decided to throw the ball and spread things out the chiefs couldnt stop it! Seq could only run the ball and that was it... Had no pass threat what so ever and that really hurt them tonight! LC gets tds from a few different players tonight and looked good in the win.

my friend the scoreboard may have showed that lc dominated the game but that game was 14-7 lc with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Granted seq had a tough time stopping the pass but take away jumping off sides on 4th down in the 1st drive that led to a td and take away a late fumble that game was 14-7. LC looked pretty good but seq proved that they can play with the big schools good luck to u guys this season....

my friend the scoreboard may have showed that lc dominated the game but that game was 14-7 lc with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Granted seq had a tough time stopping the pass but take away jumping off sides on 4th down in the 1st drive that led to a td and take away a late fumble that game was 14-7. LC looked pretty good but seq proved that they can play with the big schools good luck to u guys this season....

The game was much closer than the final score showed. Especially after the Chiefs lost Two of their RB's at the half with Knee injuries. Huffman and McCain (McCain had 2 carries in the first half for 86 yards and 1 TD) Tough loss for the chiefs. Good luck to both young men and a speedy recovery!