Anderson County vs. Knox Central

MavMaximus

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win, Mavs! Helton, what's with calling time outs in the last two minutes when you're down by 33 points? I understand trying to score even when you're assuredly going to lose but when it's way too late you should allow your reserves to get some experience and not keep your starters in for the entire game.

AC put in their JV at the beginning of the 4th quarter in compliance to the mercy rule. I believe the score was 40-6, AC. The first play the JV was in on was the kick-off following AC's score. Central had their starting return team in and they scored. AC continues to leave the JV in and Central scores again, making it 40 to 22. That's a little too close, with too much time left to continue to play with the JV.

And on that note, does anyone remember how Helton use to be able run the score up on people. I bet Clinton people do. In 2003, Central ran up the score 70-0 on Clinton when they were down and trying to rebuild the program. Helton left his starters in almost the entire game. It was disgraceful. Maryville comes to Clinton the next week and pulls their starters at the end of the first quarter. Quarles made it a point not to do what Helton did to Clinton.

My view on it. Sorry Clinton, I wish an Anderson County school could have returned the favor from 2003.

Atta boy, Herd!

There is a difference between a coach with class and one without. You just explained it. Maybe that is why the rebs are more consistent with wins, that is teaching young men also. Teams like that you can hate but have to respect. central you can hate and have no respect for. It catches up with them, as it appears to have this year.

i like the fact that gillum put TW back in to score once again. gillum did the right thing by taking his starters out to start the 4th quarter. what i dont understand is why a veteran coach would leave his starters in when the mavs had basically called off the dogs. sure, one possession was no big deal; go ahead and get an easy touchdown. i dont mind that, but THE ONSIDE KICK was CLASSLESS! if i was the mavs coaching staff, i would have put 70 on them.

i like the fact that gillum put TW back in to score once again. gillum did the right thing by taking his starters out to start the 4th quarter. what i dont understand is why a veteran coach would leave his starters in when the mavs had basically called off the dogs. sure, one possession was no big deal; go ahead and get an easy touchdown. i dont mind that, but THE ONSIDE KICK was CLASSLESS! if i was the mavs coaching staff, i would have put 70 on them.

You guys are really showin some class....I had thought I would just over look some of the comments but......I guess

I will take offense.....YOU KNOW NOTHING......1st of all YOU sour grape eating people......I have been on both sides of losing.....before....take

your win and go on ......We are young we have freshmen starters and sophomores ......not making excuses but isn't it about getting better....

Central has got to get experience fast....yes there are things that are questionable but how dumb is it for your Coach to put TW back in and get

him hurt.......I am glad he came back in so we can gain more experience.....but lets just say your CLASS LESS comments are typical COW nonsense.....lol

PEOPLE......to all of the CLASSY MAVS Good LUCK you have a good team.......

You guys are really showin some class....I had thought I would just over look some of the comments but......I guess

I will take offense.....YOU KNOW NOTHING......1st of all YOU sour grape eating people......I have been on both sides of losing.....before....take

your win and go on ......We are young we have freshmen starters and sophomores ......not making excuses but isn't it about getting better....

Central has got to get experience fast....yes there are things that are questionable but how dumb is it for your Coach to put TW back in and get

him hurt.......I am glad he came back in so we can gain more experience.....but lets just say your CLASS LESS comments are typical COW nonsense.....lol

PEOPLE......to all of the CLASSY MAVS Good LUCK you have a good team.......

TW didnt get hurt. So, i guess it didnt matter!

HAHA That is just plain IGNORANT! You expect any team to give up? Classless would have been if AC had kicked an onside kick and been 30 points ahead.

So since you called that Classless your future comments will be taken with a grain of salt.

Unbelievable really.... :blink:

Up 27 points with 9 minutes left and AC puts in starters and throws the ball for another touchdown. I really think alot of Coach Gillum but was this really necessary? Why run the score up? Give the young guys some playing time so that next year people won't run the score up on you with a brand new young QB. Clinton is going to pay this year for running the score up on pe uople! Karma people, Karma!! AC did look good!

Great win for the mavs. I understand putting the starters back in when central closed the gap a little. The time-outs were silly with two minutes left. Joel should have let his young kids play some. It ended up costing him an injury and showed even more that they can't defend the pass. Go mavs!