Region on Private Course

Duckbutterbandit

Should High School Region Tournaments be played at Private Country Clubs? I'm sure the main reason is that private clubs donate the course to the schools and it's a money factor. Not every student has access to practice on private courses so it puts them at a disadvantage. I think that public courses should be used as much as possible so everyone has the same opportunity to play the course where an important tournament is to be played. What do you think? :D :confused: :x:o

Has anyone not been able to practice on a private course? I would think private courses would let any high school player practice for an upcoming tournament.

Posted by Duckbutterbandit:

Should High School Region Tournaments be played at Private Country Clubs? I'm sure the main reason is that private clubs donate the course to the schools and it's a money factor. Not every student has access to practice on private courses so it puts them at a disadvantage. I think that public courses should be used as much as possible so everyone has the same opportunity to play the course where an important tournament is to be played. What do you think? :( :confused: :):x

The Pro at McMinnville CC has not been very receptive to practice rounds in recent years if you are from out of town. I have never felt welcome there even though I was a member a another course. I was shocked that they were able to host the tournament since they hosted it 2 years ago. We were not able to get practice rounds then and we had trouble getting them this year except for the Sunday before. On a public course you could play anytime you wanted too and it was fair for all.

Yea, thats the problem you run in with when you want to use private courses for tournaments..Some Pros wont allow practices rounds and things of that nature..I can only use this for an example because I'm close to the Clarksville High players but half of them are members at the Clarksville Country Club including their coach so they're usually always welcome but the only tournament I've ever known to go on for high school is the Leaf Chronicle All City Tournament..this includes all the city teams and the proceeds go back to the respective golf programs.