Halls vs Webb

pxtra2010

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope so...gotta start somewhere.

Still basically a young team. They will find their legs with more experience. Missed tackles will be less and less and key blocks will open up more holes for our backs to scamper through. It will come. The trouble is at the moment we are playing in a rough stretch of the schedule no easy wins on the horizon just yet.

Webb are good. Webb passed for more yards out of their wing-t multi dimensional.

Bright spot Longs 55 yard scamper the first points given up by Webb's D.

Sadly 22 attempts running the ball for only 97 yards see above. That left 42 yards as the Webb defense dominated. Tried to pass the ball 7-17 with 5 picks tough night all around.

Game over at halftime 35-7. Which realistically we all thought. Thanks for Webb for not pilling it on like Powell did which will be remembered sometime down the way.

Big surprise Hardin Valley beat Clinton.

Game over at halftime 35-7. Which realistically we all thought. Thanks for Webb for not pilling it on like Powell did which will be remembered sometime down the way.

Some food for thought - is it piling on when the starters don't play in the second half? I mentioned this last week. Powell had just 3 second half drives against Halls, and they didn't throw a single pass in the second half. The JV/freshmen players were on the field (not the starters), and they scored touchdowns on all three drives. Plus, Halls left their starters in for 48 minutes. Is it Powell's fault that Halls 1st string defense couldn't stop Powell's 2nd/3rd stringers or that Halls offensive starters couldn't score against Powell's 2nd/3rd string defense?

People give Alcoa a very hard time after they hung 91 on Gatlinburg-Pittman back in the 2005 playoffs, but what most casual observers don't remember is that Alcoa had freshmen and 8th graders in the game in the entire 2nd half! I guess I fail to see how that is piling on when you are giving the young kids/backups an opportunity to play. I guess next time the freshmen come into the game, they should just take a knee or punt on first down, right?