Greene Devils?

DevilMan03

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want everyone to hate us? LoL

A lot of people already do, Charlie. It comes with putting that Devil Head on. As for the team, I think they can be better than last year. If they eliminate turnovers and mistakes on offense, I don't see too many teams beating them, especially in their classification. Their defense is for real! The only thing is I don't know about a whole lot about are the teams from the central part and western end of the state to compare Greeneville with. I'm sure there are other teams that are better this year too. But if the talent level is the same this year, you could say GHS has a good shot to win the gold ball as anyone does because I think they are better this year than last.

Your schedule has been a bit soft to date. You are listed near the bottom as far as strength of schedule, so you might want to take heed by the stick of which you are measuring yourself. With that said, you do seem to have a fine team.

Our conference is what it is....I think our non-conference schedule is OK. I'd just like to see less of the whole "well you moved down so you could win" crap...well DUUUHHH. I can tell you a few more would move down if they had a chance but how many would voluntarily play up the way Greeneville did for years.I don't need to remind anyone how frustrating it was to claw our way through the good ol' IMAC or (5 Rivers conference) only to get out teeth kicked by bigger schools with more depth in the play-offs. At least now when we look across the field, we don't see 100 players staring back at us. I hear next realignment, a couple of Big 8 schools may be eligible to move to 4A...do you think South or Central will play up if they don't have to? And how will that change the complexion of the 3 Rivers and BRAC? We managed just fine with our "weak" schedule last year even with our 3 non-conference losses. And we aren't measuring ourselves by anybody's stick...you are. Ask Red Bank and White's Creek how that worked out for them last year.

Our conference is what it is....I think our non-conference schedule is OK. I'd just like to see less of the whole "well you moved down so you could win" crap...well DUUUHHH. I can tell you a few more would move down if they had a chance but how many would voluntarily play up the way Greeneville did for years.I don't need to remind anyone how frustrating it was to claw our way through the good ol' IMAC or (5 Rivers conference) only to get out teeth kicked by bigger schools with more depth in the play-offs. At least now when we look across the field, we don't see 100 players staring back at us. I hear next realignment, a couple of Big 8 schools may be eligible to move to 4A...do you think South or Central will play up if they don't have to? And how will that change the complexion of the 3 Rivers and BRAC? We managed just fine with our "weak" schedule last year even with our 3 non-conference losses. And we aren't measuring ourselves by anybody's stick...you are. Ask Red Bank and White's Creek how that worked out for them last year.

Sounds like I struck a barb there with you Barb. Though you may be 1 in one poll, you aren't in the strength v sucess rankings on coacht. While in the strength of schedule you rank somewhere between 84 and 90 of the 3 and 4 A schools. And by the way, I don't need to ask Red Bank or White's Creek anything, I follow Giles Co. and I am well aware of how that turned out for you last year :popcorneater:

Sounds like I struck a barb there with you Barb. Though you may be 1 in one poll, you aren't in the strength v sucess rankings on coacht. While in the strength of schedule you rank somewhere between 84 and 90 of the 3 and 4 A schools. And by the way, I don't need to ask Red Bank or White's Creek anything, I follow Giles Co. and I am well aware of how that turned out for you last year :popcorneater:

we lost the game to giles co. in the last 7 seconds of the game which is nothing to be ashamed of fighting down to the end sounds pretty good to me

Edited by greeneville2012

well if you followed the strength vs success rating last year you would have found us in about the same place.....I'm just not ready to buy into the "if A beats B and B beats C, then A is better than C" mentality. I'm pretty sure the games aren't won on paper or on CoachT. If that were true then we never would have made it to Cookeville last year. I mean seriously, we openened the season 1-3 against ranked opponents and then rolled through our "cakewalk" conference. Didn't seem to hurt our performance in the play-offs. Contrary to popular belief, you are NOT only as good as your competition. You are only as good as your preparation. These boys got a taste last year against your Bobcats and they want the Gold more than ever. They were THAT close and watched it snatched away.And there is a big,mean,stingy Devil D that means to get them there. Go Greene! FINISH!

Edited by barb

Do you want everyone to hate us? LoL

The most annoying thing to me in all the posts about GHS and the reclassification is the term "GHS moved down" GHS actually is playing where 99% of the state plays..WHERE THEIR ENROLLMENT DICTATES!...It seems like everytime some one mentions that GHS moved down it's as if GHS pulled some sort of sly trick or something. Member school enrollment is just about the only standard that TSSAA could use and be fair to all. Who knows how many Championship trophies would be in GHS cases in several sports if GHS had been playing to enrollment all along. Charlie probably would have two or three of them for all those years GHS was making top 5 finishes in wrestling in the large school division. So why do people hate GHS? Why do people hate the USA but do everything they can to live here. It's something to do with winning!

The most annoying thing to me in all the posts about GHS and the reclassification is the term "GHS moved down" GHS actually is playing where 99% of the state plays..WHERE THEIR ENROLLMENT DICTATES!...It seems like everytime some one mentions that GHS moved down it's as if GHS pulled some sort of sly trick or something. Member school enrollment is just about the only standard that TSSAA could use and be fair to all. Who knows how many Championship trophies would be in GHS cases in several sports if GHS had been playing to enrollment all along. Charlie probably would have two or three of them for all those years GHS was making top 5 finishes in wrestling in the large school division. So why do people hate GHS? Why do people hate the USA but do everything they can to live here. It's something to do with winning!

Spell it how ever you want, but people are always going to give GHS flak about the move. Whether it is where they are suppose to be or not. And there would be a lot of trophies in the case at GHS if they had been where they were suppose to be all along. Many in Basketball, Both Boys and Girls Soccer, Wrestling, Golf, and possibly many more.

Spell it how ever you want, but people are always going to give GHS flak about the move. Whether it is where they are suppose to be or not. And there would be a lot of trophies in the case at GHS if they had been where they were suppose to be all along. Many in Basketball, Both Boys and Girls Soccer, Wrestling, Golf, and possibly many more.

You're absolutely right. I think most of the complaining is fan based (and that's not necessarily bad.) Good Fans want to see good games and good competition. Administrators want to see the same... plus good gate receipts because bills have to be paid. The one group that is somewhat silent is parents..I think most parents would like to see their child compete on a level playing field. One school that has really taken a beating through the years is North Greene ... all those years they were playing up. I haven't heard any complaints about them playing to enrollment.

Go Green Devils