6. Whitehaven ...............(3-1)....... Class 6A, District 16

7. Briarcrest ..................(4-0)....... Class D2-AA, West

8. Southaven ...............(3-0)....... Class 6A, MHSAA

9. Brighton ...................(4-0)....... Class 6A, District 14

10. Melrose ..................(1-2)....... Class 6A, District 16

11. Wooddale ..............(2-1)....... Class 6A, District 15

12. Olive Branch ........... (1-2) ...... Class 6A, MHSAA

Dropped out: ECS (9)

This is now being done by someone different then Jason Smith.

1. CBHS .........................(4-0)....... Class D2-AA, West

2. West Memphis (AR) ...(2-0)....... Class 6A, AHSAA

3. MUS ...........................(3-1)....... Class D2-AA, West

4. Mitchell ......................(4-0)....... Class 5A, District 16

5. Ridgeway .................(3-0)....... Class 5A, District 15

6. Whitehaven ...............(3-1)....... Class 6A, District 16

7. Briarcrest ..................(4-0)....... Class D2-AA, West

8. Southaven ...............(3-0)....... Class 6A, MHSAA

9. Brighton ...................(4-0)....... Class 6A, District 14

10. Melrose ..................(1-2)....... Class 6A, District 16

11. Wooddale ..............(2-1)....... Class 6A, District 15

12. Olive Branch ........... (1-2) ...... Class 6A, MHSAA

Dropped out: ECS (9)

This is now being done by someone different then Jason Smith.

Just a personal opinion about West Memphis. I never have liked them being included in the Dandy Dozen ratings. I know they are just across the river and just as much a part of Metro Memphis as teams in Tipton or Desoto counties, but they seem to be in another time zone. I guess it's because they almost never play any Memphis teams. CBHS went 3-2 against them in 5 games between 1983 and 1990. That's about it as far as I know.

I find it strange that Melrose wins one game and all of a sudden are #10. But I guess that's one of the downfalls of any poll. It seems to me that far too often, there is one or two teams in every poll that gets ranked by their name and not how good they actually are.

Has anybody played a more difficult schedule than Melrose other than Olive Branch? NO. I dare say that most of the teams in the DD would also have gone 1-2 against those opponents. Give them credit for their schedule.

Just a personal opinion about West Memphis. I never have liked them being included in the Dandy Dozen ratings. I know they are just across the river and just as much a part of Metro Memphis as teams in Tipton or Desoto counties, but they seem to be in another time zone. I guess it's because they almost never play any Memphis teams. CBHS went 3-2 against them in 5 games between 1983 and 1990. That's about it as far as I know.

I understand your concern #### it doesnt make sense to me either.TV media (esp 5 )never fail to show clips of W.Mempo playing when they should be more tuned into area Memphis teams .

Owlbooster:

You would have thought by now that the West Memphis school would have established a relationship (home/home series) with at least one of the several good Memphis Area schools. West Memphis/CBHS ... West Memphis/MUS ... West Memphis/Melrose ... West Memphis/Mitchell ... West Memphis/Whitehaven .... West Memphis/Germantown ... the possibilities are endless. Maybe one of the Memphis schools will initiate something some time soon ... I'd love to see something like that arranged.

Has anybody played a more difficult schedule than Melrose other than Olive Branch? NO. I dare say that most of the teams in the DD would also have gone 1-2 against those opponents. Give them credit for their schedule.

I'm not knocking their schedule. But would other teams be given the same credit for a tough schedule like that? I don't think it's likely. But again, this is just a poll.