Columbia At Spring Hill

mbraiders

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is more than just X and O's. The outcome of the game has nothing to do with the actions prior to. Lack of respect is just that, plain and simple. Had it been the other way around I guarantee I would be much more upset. Thankfully are young men are taught better than that and have coaches who also respect our country. Rather than make excuses as to why things occured as they did, take responsibility... on and off the field.

I said it before and I will say it again, the boys were hyped and it should count for something that they finally heard the national anthem being played and got quiet. Everybody in Columbia, had already assume that someone would post something negative about the game, if Springhill lost. If they had won, this probably wouldn't have been mention. Besides, basketball is coming up, you have your shot at us again, soon. Hopefully, you will not try to find something to nick pick about, the game is over, UNTIL BASKETBALL SEASON, see you later.

mbraiders, I asked some of the players about this and they said that the Spring Hill people were booing them so loud when they came on the field they had no idea the anthem was playing. I asked more than one and they all said the same thing. It was true class when Williams gave the finger to our student section after one of his touchdowns. So both teams did some not so nice things. It is over. Lions won. Quit whinning.

It's a heated rivalry and there are bound to be things that go on not to some peoples liking. And yes the crowd was booing us loudly but it doens't really matter it's in the past but I did talk to one of the Spring Hill players and he said that they were intimidated by our little hype session

First and foremost, congratulations to the players and coaches at Central on their win. Not being on to dodge responsibilty for the actions of our team Mr. Williams and I have talked and his also accepts responsibility for his actions as well. Although his action are not excusable in the least, I can sympathize, as being jeered by foul-mouth fans can bring out the worst in people. Nonetheless, Mr. Williams has served his punishment as of today. I personally apoligize to all fans present for the actions of Mr. Williams. Also, let me take the time to thanks a couple of parents from Central that did approach our coaches and apoligize for the actions of both Central players and coaches alike concerning the national anthem incident. It is refreshing to find that kind of class. Finally, whining, I am not. If I were in need of material to further the discussion of poor antics from Columbia, I most certainly could. I am also quite certain I could find plenty of reasonable things to "whine" about. Forgive me if I am the least bit disturbed about "hype sessions" during the national anthem. And as far as being intimidatied by those antics...I'm sorry, most of the players were either laughing or outraged about the whole thing as they watched it transpire.