McKenzie visits Humboldt

McKRebelDad

We return 9 players that either started or rotated from last year. We replaced a OLB with Hicks from Martin and he is just as intense as the one that left. The only team that scored more than 15 was Camden and all that was in the first half of our first game. We had a few issues with tackling in the beginning but that has since retreated. I promise you were are as good as last year but IMO we are better and several will say the same thing. There are a few that think we might be about the same but we are holding the same teams we played last year to under what they scored on us and all those teams are suppose to better thenselves. The only thing I can say is you must judge for yourself and watching film isn't gonna cut it.

I will do that sometime soon.. I look forward to seeing the kid who replaced Rogers from last year at OLB

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do that sometime soon.. I look forward to seeing the kid who replaced Rogers from last year at OLB

Sooner the better. Hicks is new to the OLB spot, in fact, it is his first year there. He is learning the position and improving every game. He will remind you alot of old #25. All also add he is just a junior and will be even better next year. :thumb:

Better than last years D?! i've only seen some footage of mckenzie's defense.. havent had a chance to see them in person yet but being better than last year's defense is a big issue.. especially with quite a few of mckenzie's defensive players going to the next level. at least 5 by my count..

I thought last years Rebel's "D" was pretty good. I do not have all the number for this year but I think this years and last years "D" are pretty similar in stats. It is hard to compare one years team to another allot depends on your opponents strengths and weaknesses.

Stats on lat years "D" (2009/2010)

2 shut outs

7 games holding opponent to 10 or less points points

Gave up an average of 200 yds offence per game

Gave up an average of 12.9 points per game

This years "D" to date (2010/2011)

1 shut out

1 game holding opponent to 10 points or less

Gave up an average 10.8 points per game

Greatness you are correct about the number of player to go to the next level.

Had to work all weekend so haven't been able to add anything to this board. Vikings and Colts won this weekend. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I missed the Colts game last night because I had to work, <_< but thank God for Tivo!!

As for the McKenzie Humboldt game, hope Humboldt plays well and can pull out the win.

Everyone have a blessed week.

Edited by VolandIndyGal

Zebra...while I appreciate the energy..I understand the where, the who, and the classifications of each school. I'll say it again...Humboldt does not have enough depth on defense to play 4 quarters with McKenzie..(they are thin)...I don't care if they dress out the band! Humboldt's participation is down from last year's team. They (the defense)get tired IF their offense does not sustain long drives...which so far..they've not been able to do. Also...Humboldt's attendance at home and away is extremely below average regardless of their population. I've not seen the most recent census numbers...but I know what most Gibson Co. & Carroll Co. crowds look like and Humboldt's is "below average" at best! No where in my post did I compare either team to the Patriots....If I did..I would like for you to remind me. If Milan had Humboldt's crowds at their home games...Coach Morris would jump off the roof of the press box at Johnnie Hale Stadium! Same thing for McKenzie...the team actually playing Friday..there will be 3 Rebel fans for every Viking fan in attendance. Trust me!

Support For Your Team Is A Requirement. Just Being In The Stand Is Better Than A Pat On The Back. :thumb:

Support For Your Team Is A Requirement. Just Being In The Stand Is Better Than A Pat On The Back. :thumb:

Parents are supporting - it's difficult to get others to support not so great seasons, If we get some really nice wins under our belt it will improve our crowd. The weakest crowd I've witnessed was last week, other than that our crowds were made up of our student body. We have a very small student body now.

Look at our basketball crowds - they have been standing room only for awhile -

"If Milan had Humboldt's crowds at their home games...Coach Morris would jump off the roof of the press box at Johnnie Hale Stadium" as for this statement - Did he jump during basketball season!!!!~!

Don't count Humboldt out on this game. I'm just hoping we have a powerful show of talent Friday night, with no injuries.

Edited by redgold83

Parents are supporting - it's difficult to get others to support not so great seasons, If we get some really nice wins under our belt it will improve our crowd. The weakest crowd I've witnessed was last week, other than that our crowds were made up of our student body. We have a very small student body now.

Look at our basketball crowds - they have been standing room only for awhile -

"If Milan had Humboldt's crowds at their home games...Coach Morris would jump off the roof of the press box at Johnnie Hale Stadium" as for this statement - Did he jump during basketball season!!!!~!

Don't count Humboldt out on this game. I'm just hoping we have a powerful show of talent Friday night, with no injuries.

McKenzie and Humboldt aren't playing basketball this Friday night so I'm not sure why you want to talk basketball on this football thread. Humboldt has some talented young men on this year's (and last year's) team. In most towns (Humboldt's size) in Tennessee...high school FOOTBALL games is simply what you do on Friday nights. With so much going for the Vikings..I just can't understand why the support isn't better! But..if you would read my original post..I simply stated that since Humboldt will not have a "good" home crowd this week....the fact that McKenzie is on the road will not be a disadvantage for the Rebels.

McKenzie and Humboldt aren't playing basketball this Friday night so I'm not sure why you want to talk basketball on this football thread. Humboldt has some talented young men on this year's (and last year's) team. In most towns (Humboldt's size) in Tennessee...high school FOOTBALL games is simply what you do on Friday nights. With so much going for the Vikings..I just can't understand why the support isn't better! But..if you would read my original post..I simply stated that since Humboldt will not have a "good" home crowd this week....the fact that McKenzie is on the road will not be a disadvantage for the Rebels.

That was un-caused for - the statement was support your kids. Don't be bias. U should support your kids in everything. I'm not trying to turn it into a basketball thread and I'm not trying to turn it into a crowd thread either. You know as well as I - why Humboldts crowd is so small. You are in it everygame. Did you run from the tuff competition? What's being supported in your town?

Edited by redgold83

Better than last years D?! i've only seen some footage of mckenzie's defense.. havent had a chance to see them in person yet but being better than last year's defense is a big issue.. especially with quite a few of mckenzie's defensive players going to the next level. at least 5 by my count..

Look at the scores against our competion so far. The Rebels can play some serious D friend. They will bend but, don't break very much at all. It's a ping pong match to compare last years players agains this years replacements but, the big picture is that the Rebels still play DANG good D. Can't say that we have another Oz on the team but, his replacement is none the less someone to be reckoned with if you go his way!!!

Guess I'd suggest that the Viking D worry about how to deal with our O more than worry about our D. They got to stop us to beat us............. Good luck.

AND PLEASE let this be a safe and injury free game this week!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously have never lived in Humboldt. I grew up there in the 90's. The city hasn't really changed much since then.. but the whole "Medina" thing is what really took alot of kids out of the school system. Humboldt fans are the type that will show for a big game in ex. Milan it was packed.. but when teams like South Ful. or Halls come to town no one will show outside of family, students & the few die heart fans.. but you need to understand that quite a few kids on this team have different family situations than normal.. so do us all a favor and lay off the crowd mess if they show they show but if they dont they dont.. either way the game will still go on i dont believe crowd is a big factor in these small class west tn high school football games.

Edited by allidoiswin