Tullahoma at Warren Co

binns37388

There is a rumor going around over here that the Robinson kid committed to Duke. Tell me this is not correct. Whith all the offers that I heard he had, why would he go to a low talent, conferance doormat like Duke? Someone set the record straight.

Probably the same reason kids go to Vanderbilt to play football. I would say less than 5% of college players go on to play in the NFL.

I have came to know Cody fairly well durning the recruiting process interviewing him and what not.

I believe his goal is to play in the leauge but he also knows the beating your body takes in this game. I believe Duke was a great choice and fit for Cody. I believe Duke is on the up also.

I would have liked to have seen Cody go to UT, but Duke wanted him more and there's no doubt the opportunity for a great education is at Duke.

There are many good players in high school that don't make it on the D1 level. Every good player can have a bad game. The Mathers kid at Blackman who has already gained over 1000 yards didn't get but 70 yds against Smyrna.

I agree, alot of good players dont make it and alot of "Average" players do, it's about heart and doing whats best for the team. The reason why I said Young won't make it in D1 is this very reason, Mathers on the other hand will have some success because he plays with the team but the best examples I can use is Tennessee commit Tom Smith from Apoka, FL, Raijon Neal From Sandy Creek, GA and Justin Hunter from Va. They are team players in every aspect of the game. Tom Smith is gonna be a real good ball player while Justin and Raijon is proving why they are with some decent games in their freshmen year.

Edited by raider99