Lincon County at Oakland

secfootball21

Hope the game sets up as anticipated. Both teams have perfect records, Lincoln County is 0-4, while Oakland is 5-0. After playing three playoff-probable teams, Ensworth, Riverdale, and Brentwood and another game against a hated rival, Siegel, Oakland could use an easy game. Anyone, does Lincoln County have anything? They had a decent looking prospect last year, but he got lost among the weaker players.

Prediction: Oakland 42, Lincoln County 7 (and they score 10 plays after the final horn and Oakland has left the field).

Hope the game sets up as anticipated. Both teams have perfect records, Lincoln County is 0-4, while Oakland is 5-0. After playing three playoff-probable teams, Ensworth, Riverdale, and Brentwood and another game against a hated rival, Siegel, Oakland could use an easy game. Anyone, does Lincoln County have anything? They had a decent looking prospect last year, but he got lost among the weaker players.

Prediction: Oakland 42, Lincoln County 7 (and they score 10 plays after the final horn and Oakland has left the field).

I saw a few decent looking prospects last year that got lost in the weaker players this year.... Which one are you talking about?

Edited by falcons1990

when we played them...it was bad...real bad! slow, soft and no execution!...but when i heard the score of the riverdale game...i thought they had either improved or riverdale was not that good...then when i heard about the game with riverdale and oakland...i have NO idea what to think now! :flower: ...last year i remember they had a huge defensive lineman that may have been the best looking athlete on the field...6'3" or 4"...250 or 260lbs...well put together...but as i watched him did not play dominate football like you would have thought he would have...i still think oakland will win by 40 if i were betting...but again...who knows in light off what i said above!

when we played them...it was bad...real bad! slow, soft and no execution!...but when i heard the score of the riverdale game...i thought they had either improved or riverdale was not that good...then when i heard about the game with riverdale and oakland...i have NO idea what to think now! :flower: ...last year i remember they had a huge defensive lineman that may have been the best looking athlete on the field...6'3" or 4"...250 or 260lbs...well put together...but as i watched him did not play dominate football like you would have thought he would have...i still think oakland will win by 40 if i were betting...but again...who knows in light off what i said above!

Lincoln Co. has always been a mystery of sorts for Riverdale under Aydellot. Oakland handled LC pretty easily last season and I expect Oakland to make improvements in the last 2 games, starting off fast again and finishing this opponent off.

I think Lincoln County has never had the "fear the spear" factor that many schools have experienced over the years. If you will recall they broke Riverdale's win streak at home, and beat Rankin more than once with teams that were above average but never with the amount of players or talent that Riverdale was putting on the field. It doesn't matter who coaches RHS, the Falcons were/are ready to compete against them and do.

I think Lincoln County has never had the "fear the spear" factor that many schools have experienced over the years. If you will recall they broke Riverdale's win streak at home, and beat Rankin more than once with teams that were above average but never with the amount of players or talent that Riverdale was putting on the field. It doesn't matter who coaches RHS, the Falcons were/are ready to compete against them and do.

Good points and good post. The Falcons have the potential to give the Patriots a game - but I kinda think the Patriots have that MoJo thing going this year such that it doesn't matter what the other team does - the Pats are gonna do better.

But I may be wrong.... :rolleyes:

(And obviously I hope I am!!!!) :thumb: