Powell vs. Karns

vols11

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how Karns can keep the ball long enough on offense to rest their defense. Powell scores over 50 if they want to.

Funny, if they want to, with classless HC who has keep starters in all year when games are in hand, I am sure the panthers will keep the throttle on after the beat down we gave them last year, can't wait til Powell gets to play offs ONE AND DONE..

Funny, if they want to, with classless HC who has keep starters in all year when games are in hand, I am sure the panthers will keep the throttle on after the beat down we gave them last year, can't wait til Powell gets to play offs ONE AND DONE..

Coach Lowe has kept his starters in all year? You don't have any idea what you are talking about. The only game the entire starting unit played in to the 4th was the Fulton game. In every other game the JV/freshmen have been in the game by the beginning of the 4th quarter, if not sooner. Check the website in my signature listed below and see who has scored in the 4th and in some cases the 3rd. It has for the most part been freshmen and sophomores.

No offense intended, but you have absolutely no clue if you are making a statement like that.

HTV beat me to the punch. Have you even watched a Powell game this year? If you had, you'd know that the Fulton game was the only game where the starters played from start to finish. Stop complaining about a "classless" HC, and show some class yourself by getting the facts straight before you post.

HTV beat me to the punch. Have you even watched a Powell game this year? If you had, you'd know that the Fulton game was the only game where the starters played from start to finish. Stop complaining about a "classless" HC, and show some class yourself by getting the facts straight before you post.

OSU and HTV, I saw one JV player in your game against AC and that was the QB on the last series and certainly NOT in the entire fourth quarter. In fact, on Powell's second to the last series in the fourth quarter McPhetridge ran about a 40 yarder and came up limping and was finally taken out of the game. While I grant you that a few other starters might have come out at times, I also noticed your starting DBs and LBs stayed in when we were on offense during the entire second half. Now don't go accusing me of sour grapes. I don't have a problem with leaving starters in against us to the bitter end. Otherwise, I would have commented on it before now. But I couldn't let your revisionist history pass without comment either, as I suspect it's viewed through your justifiably rose-colored glasses.

:flower:

Coach Lowe has kept his starters in all year? You don't have any idea what you are talking about. The only game the entire starting unit played in to the 4th was the Fulton game. In every other game the JV/freshmen have been in the game by the beginning of the 4th quarter, if not sooner. Check the website in my signature listed below and see who has scored in the 4th and in some cases the 3rd. It has for the most part been freshmen and sophomores.

No offense intended, but you have absolutely no clue if you are making a statement like that.

Also, HTV, I did check your site (it's nice by the way so I'm glad you pointed it out). However, it's a tad misleading to say "freshmen and sophomores" given that implies you're not referring to starters. Montario Washington and Jonathan Strozyk are starters, even though they're sophomores. It would be like saying last year that Mobley is only a sophomore even though he was your go-to back. Washington is a starter on any team in the area and while, yes, he scored against us and, I believe, OR, you couldn't very well give the ball to Logan on EVERY play cause he was getting worn out (we were certainly having trouble stopping him in the second half) and Mobley didn't even play the second half because of a slight injury.

Also, HTV, I did check your site (it's nice by the way so I'm glad you pointed it out). However, it's a tad misleading to say "freshmen and sophomores" given that implies you're not referring to starters. Montario Washington and Jonathan Strozyk are starters, even though they're sophomores. It would be like saying last year that Mobley is only a sophomore even though he was your go-to back. Washington is a starter on any team in the area and while, yes, he scored against us and, I believe, OR, you couldn't very well give the ball to Logan on EVERY play cause he was getting worn out (we were certainly having trouble stopping him in the second half) and Mobley didn't even play the second half because of a slight injury.

For the record, Washington is a starter in the secondary, but he is the #3/#4 tailback (behind Mobley, Logan, and Webb).

No, it's not misleading. Strozyk and Washington are starters at cornerback - they don't start on offense and don't get many snaps on offense, and they aren't on the three deep at the position they play on offense.

Hagen Owenby and Tyshawn Gardin are freshmen. They have gotten a majority of the 4th qtr snaps at QB and RB.

I'm not going to get in to a spitting contest with you or anybody else on this one. To say that starters are in the game late has just not been the case, period.

OSU and HTV, I saw one JV player in your game against AC and that was the QB on the last series and certainly NOT in the entire fourth quarter. In fact, on Powell's second to the last series in the fourth quarter McPhetridge ran about a 40 yarder and came up limping and was finally taken out of the game. While I grant you that a few other starters might have come out at times, I also noticed your starting DBs and LBs stayed in when we were on offense during the entire second half. Now don't go accusing me of sour grapes. I don't have a problem with leaving starters in against us to the bitter end. Otherwise, I would have commented on it before now. But I couldn't let your revisionist history pass without comment either, as I suspect it's viewed through your justifiably rose-colored glasses.

:flower:

That's just not accurate, TJ. Go back and watch the tape. We called a lot of freshmen/JV names in the 4th quarter, and that's just not debatable.

No, it's not misleading. Strozyk and Washington are starters at cornerback - they don't start on offense and don't get many snaps on offense, and they aren't on the three deep at the position they play on offense.

Hagen Owenby and Tyshawn Gardin are freshmen. They have gotten a majority of the 4th qtr snaps at QB and RB.

I'm not going to get in to a spitting contest with you or anybody else on this one. To say that starters are in the game late has just not been the case, period.

Clam up if you wish, but I'd still be interested for you to name the freshmen and/or JV's, aside from the one I noted who got maybe three snaps in the very last series of the 4th, who were in the game against AC either at the end of the 3rd quarter or at any time in the 4th quarter. And if Gardin was in, I missed that and I was looking.... One additional note, if Washington is JV at any position, why didn't he dress for the Powell-AC JV game?

Edited by TomJoad