Powell vs. Karns

vols11

Clam up if you wish, but I'd still be interested for you to name the freshmen and/or JV's, aside from the one I noted, who were in the game against AC either at the end of the 3rd quarter or at any time in the 4th quarter. And if Gardin was in, I missed that and I was looking.... One additional note, if Washington is JV at any position, why didn't he dress for the Powell-AC JV game?

Who is clamming up? I've given you fact, yet you apparently still insist that there is some conspiracy of Matt running the score up.

Bottom line: No, Montario isn't playing JV football right now. He is a starter at corner. Same with Strozyk Fact. He is a starter at CB and is 4th team at RB. That's just not disputable.

Yes, I could name names, but you've already made up your mind and, honestly, you aren't worth wasting any more time with. Go watch the tape and look at the numbers of the players on the field. It's available online at the 10News2 website. You'll figure it out whether or not you want to admit it.

Edited by HTV

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is clamming up? I've given you fact, yet you apparently still insist that there is some conspiracy of Matt running the score up.

Bottom line: No, Montario isn't playing JV football right now. He is a starter at corner. Same with Strozyk Fact. He is a starter at CB and is 4th team at RB. That's just not disputable.

Yes, I could name names, but you've already made up your mind and, honestly, you are worth wasting any more time with. Go watch the tape and look at the numbers of the players on the field. It's available online at the 10News2 website. You'll figure it out whether or not you want to admit it.

You're the one who said he'd not debate it. Also, I made it very explicit that I wasn't complaining about running up the score or leaving starters in. Sheesh! Don't you read or do you just knee-jerk? If the shoe was on the other foot, no way I'd take my starters out in a game like that. I simply responded to your inaccuracies which I laid out for all to see.

I know the identities of your players about as well as most Powell folks and thus it's fun to watch who gets in. I made notes of that in the Halls-Powell game that I watched on television and I'm constantly speaking with one of your coaches(!) about those same facts. Nope, it's you sir who are wrong on this.

Edited by TomJoad

You're the one who said he'd not debate it. Also, I made it very explicit that I wasn't complaining about running up the score or leaving starters in. Sheesh! Don't you read or do you just knee-jerk? If the shoe was on the other foot, no way I'd take my starters out in a game like that. I simply responded to your inaccuracies which I laid out for all to see.

I know the identities of your players about as well as most Powell folks and thus it's fun to watch who gets in. I made notes of that in the Halls-Powell game that I watched on television and I'm constantly speaking with one of your coaches(!) about those same facts. Nope, it's you sir who are wrong on this.

Great. Since you are one who wants to name names, name the Powell coach you are so intimately in contact with and I will be sure to mention your name to him when I see him tonight. :roflol:

Go to 10News2 and watch the tape.

Great. Since you are one who wants to name names, name the Powell coach you are so intimately in contact with and I will be sure to mention your name to him when I see him tonight. :roflol:

Go to 10News2 and watch the tape.

Why is that necessary? That's an attempt at obfuscation and is quite irrelevant. Either what I said is true or it isn't. I mentioned that I speak with one of your coaches only in the context of talking about your players. And yes, the tape doesn't lie but the onus is on you, sir, to name the freshmen and JV players who played in the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th quarter since it was you, sir, who made the claim in the first place.

If we are going to butt heads about this, let's queue up the AC-Powell thread from last week and do it, not the Karns-Powell thread. I ducked out of this at just the right time. Clearly, we each saw what "we" saw, and it's obvious that no one is going to back down from their opinion(s). I guess I need a CSS refresher...

TJ, I do remember McPhetridge coming out on the next-to-last drive of the game, after that long run along the Powell sidelines. The home fans were nervous with him still in the game, especially after he came up gimpy.

If we are going to butt heads about this, let's queue up the AC-Powell thread from last week and do it, not the Karns-Powell thread. I ducked out of this at just the right time. Clearly, we each saw what "we" saw, and it's obvious that no one is going to back down from their opinion(s). I guess I need a CSS refresher...

TJ, I do remember McPhetridge coming out on the next-to-last drive of the game, after that long run along the Powell sidelines. The home fans were nervous with him still in the game, especially after he came up gimpy.

For what it's worth, I like reading HTV's comments on most things and he's obviously more knowledgeable about Powell football than me. But I'm standing by my comments until he shows me I'm wrong, which he won't be able to do because I was watching for that. With that said, his specious claim about me worrying about Lowe running up the score is puzzling as I said no such thing. In any event, I won't comment further on it but if he'd like to prove me wrong (waiting, waiting), I'll be watching the AC-Powell thread. :D Good luck to Powell tonight.

I would have been nervous too. He's a great QB and extremely hard to tackle.

TJ is a stickler for these things but I truly don't think he believes Powell was trying to run up the score. I don't either. I think it was the opposite. Powell had to leave most of the starters in knowing how fast AC can strike.

Edited by MavMaximus

I would have been nervous too. He's a great QB and extremely hard to tackle.

TJ is a stickler for these things but I truly don't think he believes Powell was trying to run up the score. I don't either. I think it was the opposite. Powell had to leave most of the starters in knowing how fast AC can strike.

I agree, I think Lowe knew just how dangerous AC's passing attack can be, which is why those defensive starters remained in the game for so long.

I missed the game tonight (had KSO tickets), but I heard the final. Powell wins 35-7. I believe I heard that the Panthers led 14-0 at the half and struggled offensively? Could you give me some insight on the game HTV?

Edited by osunut2

Powell defense played great tonight. Karns scored on third team within last two minutes. Powell played entire game without Mobley who was held out due to ankle injury in AC game. Two interception touchdowns - one near end of first half, the other toward the end of the third quarter turned the game. Powell's offense struggled. Give credit to the Karns defensive scheme.

Edited by powellbaldeagle

Powell defense played great tonight. Karns scored on third team within last two minutes. Powell played entire game without Mobley who was held out due to ankle injury in Karns game. Two interception touchdowns - one near end of first half, the other toward the end of the third quarter turned the game. Powell's offense struggled. Give credit to the Karns defensive scheme.

Sounds like Karns did a great job of slowing down Powell's offense. Kudos to Powell's defense for coming up big again. Hopefully Dy'shawn is healing up.

I agree, I think Lowe knew just how dangerous AC's passing attack can be, which is why those defensive starters remained in the game for so long.

I missed the game tonight (had KSO tickets), but I heard the final. Powell wins 35-7. I believe I heard that the Panthers led 14-0 at the half and struggled offensively? Could you give me some insight on the game HTV?

Congrats Panthers! Looking like you will be #1 this week when the AP poll comes out. Relish the moment, but then forget about it and set your sights on the next opponent.

Sounds like Karns hung tough and found a way to slow down the Panther ground attack (minus Mobley). Thats what I'm talking about. Congrats. Play hard, hang tough, keep working and good things will happen sooner than later.

Edited by FootballDad