Coalfield @ Wartburg

HootGibson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure where you got the "coalfield played with a LOT of class" bit. seems to me like any team that has multiple players sharpening their finger nails and trying to scratch the other teams eyes out is lacking in the class department. and calling someone names for an accident that happened a few years ago isn't very classy either along with the coalfield coach cussing out wartburg players that ended up on coalfield's sideline and players trying to break running backs ankles at the bottom of piles. not sure what you're definition of "a Lot of class" is but i wouldnt quite consider coalfield as that. -_-

What I meant from a lot of class was the fact that I saw Coalfield players extend their hand in sportmanship after a play several times. As far as "breaking ankles" and all of that, well, I wouldn't know.I would also have a very tough time believing Coach Henry would "cuss a kid out" I played in this intense rivalry once upon a time and I know how emotional it can get. After all, I got a 15 yard personal foul against Coalfield my jr. year for hitting a kid out of bounds! Scratching their eyes out? Sounds like something from "The Longest Yard!" Again, I was merely a spectator in all of this and I don't know everything. I only know what I witnessed.