Maryville vs Bearden

MHS82

Good game between two very good teams. The refs were comical at times though--especially when the one signalled touchdown as the MHS ball carrier dove over the 5 yard line. :roflol:

It was comical at times, the sad thing is that sometimes they can be :twisted: and hurt good ball teams, that was not the case last night, good job rebs.

Another example of a COACHING VICTORY!!!!! You switch the staffs and you switch the outcome. This is no knock on Bearden. It's just simply a compliment towards Quarles and his crew. They are worth 14 points a game..at least. Always making the right calls at the right time and using rules and game management to help them.

Regarding the TV announcers last night, I have the following opinions:

Packer-very annoying, anti-Maryville bias very obvious,could be a decent announcer if he didn't try to be a comedian all the time, Price brings out the worst in him.

Price- the worst of the bunch in my opinion..... his calling out of the Bearden receiver for failing to make the leaping grab on the ball Romberg intercepted was despicable because the kid gave a great effort on that play.... at least Packer put Price in his place when he said that Harold Carmichael might have made the grab ( for the younger crowd, Carmichael was a great NFL receiver who was 6-8). Some criticism of mental errors is ok but I think Price is WAY too critical of physical mistakes and shortcomings of high school players. He needs to back off and remember very few of the players will ever play college ball.

Fair- I like Terry as an announcer... he is well spoken and very objective and fair in his analysis. I think he would be much better if he were working with guys who didn't want to clown around all the time.

Harrington- She does a pretty good job with the sideline stuff.... don't hold her blondness against her because she actually does a good job, imo.

Mairvul has a chaince two bee vurry good fer tha next few yeers.....And we alsew got our vershun ov tha Blance brothers on tha way.... :thumb:

http://www.blounttoday.com/news/2010/sep/30/ballet-cleats/

I agree...I think Dylan S. will get significant playing time as a freshman. He may be a bit undersized but he is incredibly strong and balanced. Maryville has a shelf full of players and ready to reload for many years. The youth programs and Coach Malone at MMS seem to keep restocking the shelves with more ammo! :thumb:

Where the heck is Packer from anyway.? He is a smart @ ss in every sense of the word. Price isn't really much better , he has shown his @ SS on several occasions but then that is about all you can expect from that bunch. Did either one of these clowns even play ball?

ps run TERRY run!

Edited by GREYRIDER

I agree...I think Dylan S. will get significant playing time as a freshman. He may be a bit undersized but he is incredibly strong and balanced. Maryville has a shelf full of players and ready to reload for many years. The youth programs and Coach Malone at MMS seem to keep restocking the shelves with more ammo! :thumb:

You should see the kid on a wrestling mat!!

If u were to put Young on Maryville and Prevo on Bearden, Young would have had 8 tds and Shaun 0. There is a big difference between the two, and if u dont see it then your kidding yourself. In 2 years Prevo will be on that level, but not yet. Great job REBELS, looks like another Region Championship is in sight.

This game was all about coaching, and Brad Taylor has NO chance of outcoaching GQ. BHS has had alot of talent, in the last 4 years, and he just hasnt gotten it done, so i can see why some fans may be upset.

I still take our 2 guys. 2 & 45 are some of the best blockers on the team. Don't want to hate on the kid, but #33's next block will be his first - and he showed his lack of toughness last year & Thursday night.

The whistle was not from the crowd , I have info that the official told Greg not to call for the snap until he blew the whistle.He then waited 15 seconds so Greg called for the snap and then he blew the whistle. ??????????????

That's not what I was told by a kid right in the middle of the play - pretty sure we've got a dad on here with the most inside of info

I still take our 2 guys. 2 & 45 are some of the best blockers on the team. Don't want to hate on the kid, but #33's next block will be his first - and he showed his lack of toughness last year & Thursday night.

That's not what I was told by a kid right in the middle of the play - pretty sure we've got a dad on here with the most inside of info

Don't mean to hate on the kid from Bearden, but maybe he will be a UT Committment/Player that actually stays all four years at University of Tennessee....MHS doesn't have a good track record of that happening :thumb:

Don't mean to hate on the kid from Bearden, but maybe he will be a UT Committment/Player that actually stays all four years at University of Tennessee....MHS doesn't have a good track record of that happening :thumb:

Hopefully he will have the same coach who recruited him there all four years. Presently UT does not have a good track record of that happening. In case you have not been keeping up, in the past couple of years around 30 or more have not stayed four years.

Edited by mhs

What a reckless and unfortunate post. MHS has had several players contribute over the course of their entire college careers over the years. Some were standouts. Others labored in obscurity. The upheaval of the UT program the last few years speaks only for itself. All players were dealt a hand they could have never seen coming. Doesn't say anything about future players whatsoever. Brandon Warren didn't stick at UT or Florida State. That doesn't mean that T. Tyson couldn't go from Alcoa and be all-world at UT. Just because Colquitt got in all kinds of hot water and was suspended several games going from Bearden to UT doesn't say anything whatsoever about Devrin Young. Come on feartheveer. You cand do better than that effort. Even if you somehow meant it in jest.

oh you didn't hate on anyone from Bearden ... but you sure didn't mind hatin on the Maryville kids ... did ya ?