Maryville vs Bearden

MHS82

I think, I remember the game you speak of. My whole point to that comment was GQ just put on a coaching clinic. I mean this with all respect to every Maryville player. IMO, Bearden had the horses and tallent to win that game tonight, but GQ and his staff where the "IT" factor. I just knows what lies ahead for the Bearden program, and not just happy about it.

They should meet again in playoffs it will be better game if Bulldogs can cut the turnovers down...

Heard #42 lost the tip of his finger... that's gonna itch in the morning

#33 is a heck of a back, but i'll take our frosh & a more complete player in Deuce

Tonight was the best our Def. and o-line have played all year

If u were to put Young on Maryville and Prevo on Bearden, Young would have had 8 tds and Shaun 0. There is a big difference between the two, and if u dont see it then your kidding yourself. In 2 years Prevo will be on that level, but not yet. Great job REBELS, looks like another Region Championship is in sight.

This game was all about coaching, and Brad Taylor has NO chance of outcoaching GQ. BHS has had alot of talent, in the last 4 years, and he just hasnt gotten it done, so i can see why some fans may be upset.

Great job REBELS. GQ & CO did put on a clinic. BHS has a good team but as I said , you stop Young and you stop Bearden. The officiating was some of the worst I have ever seen. As far as Packer goes... he hates MARYVILLE as much as I hate his Thursday night amateur broadcast. I hope GQ declines any future overtures from this @ s s.

The whistle was not from the crowd , I have info that the official told Greg not to call for the snap until he blew the whistle.He then waited 15 seconds so Greg called for the snap and then he blew the whistle. ??????????????

APB , BC & SCOTS50 thanks for the reception last night , but next time you should each have something for me... ya know food and $$ stuff like that. :roflol:

Very impressive win by the rebels! Just as it was stated if u stop d young you beat bearden! Beardens offense is very perdictable... Its all young and finally he faced a very good defense and they contained him and pretty much took him out of the game. Taking nothin away from young he is a excellent player with great skills. But lets face it so far bearden has not played the best quality teams... they are now in the meat of there schedule- probably just played the best team they will! but lets see how he does against some better oponents than his first 4 games!

What a great HS football game last night, between two very good football teams. I was extremelly impressed by the play of both teams. Maryville came out of the gates like a workhorse. They marched down on their opening drive like a well oiled machine and capitalized on two Bearden turnovers to take a commanding 21-0 1st half lead. I was truly impressed just how dominate their running game was. Their Freshman RB will be an absolute terror for the remainder of this season as well as the remaining three seasons. I wasn't as impressed with the Maryville passing attack as I have seen in recent years, but they didn't need it last night with as dominant as their running game was.

I was also impressed with the halftime adjustments made by the Bearden Coaching Staff...defense was the most aggressive in the 2nd half as I've seen in years. I loved the 8 men in the box. Their blizting schemes worked time and time again, and allowed Maryville absolutly no time in the pocket to open up their passing attack. Was impressed by #42 Drew Williamson. That kid was flying to the ball. Unfortunatly, when he went out of the game in the 4th quarter, the Bulldog Defense suffered. Would have been intrested to see, what would have happended had Maryville not converted the fake punt of 4th and long...(another brillant call by GQ). At that point, Bearden had all the momentum going and possibly could have made the game more intresting.

All in all, a great high school game. The atmosphere looked electric at Bill Young Field last night. That is why High School Football is my favorite sport to watch. Congratulations to the Maryville Rebel Football team. That is a program that will always win because of the type of program it is...100% first class. While watching the game on TV, i did not see one time where any trash talking or late hitting were done by either team. I think that is a reflection on both coaching staffs. To be an elite program, you have to win with CLASS. When your players reflect that, you will be successful. I was amazed to see that Coach Quarles has been the Head Coach for 12 seasons, and only has 13 losses....WOW!!!!

I can honestly forsee a rematch in the playoffs amongst these two teams. Both teams are in for a very successful seasons. Good luck to both teams and Bulldogs, get ready for the Admirals next week....LETS DO THIS!!!!

Defense came up huge ! They have made great improvement since the Alcoa game . Prevo is going to be a joy to watch the next few years . Maryville coaches did exactly what they needed to do to minimize Young's effect on the game . It was nice to see Tommy Wilkinson (#54) laying the WOOD .... Boo-yow! Our Defense has been missing that a little bit ... thought Tanner Caylor was back on the field for a second !

Have to disagree with you about Mark Packer , Govman , I appreciate what he's done with the Thursday games , but he absolutely drives me nuts with his rambling on . I think the other 2 guys at least know Football but Packer should just trade places with Heather .... I swear I think she could do as good a job as he does ! :roflol:

Oh yes and it would make the show more "watchable" :mrgreen:

So was the fake punt a great call or just a bonehead play by Bearden? Even with the bad camera work, I could see on TV that the quarterback was back to take the snap. It should have been obvious what was going on.

I also think it is time to move the kickoff back from the 40. Maryville will probably have a touchback on every kickoff this year. That is too big a reward for only having to kick a football 60 yards. Looks like the Maryville kicker could do it from 70, but not every time. If you can kick it 70 yards, then you have earned it. As it is, the best return team in the NFL would get it on the 20 against Maryville.