Oakland v. LaVergne

MidTennFootball

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this 7-AAA matchup?

Mercy rule is 35 point lead and it goes to a running clock. I dont think this game will get to that point. LaVergne maybe weak in some areas, but theyre very explosive in others, this game is not a gimme for Oakland.

OP...you know your football...your post on here show that...but false modesty is not what is needed here... :thumb: this game is a gimme for oakland if there is ever a game that can be called a gimme...i saw lavergne play us...and my opinion is we are not as good as yall until we show we can beat you...i did not see one area they were explosive...not one! i am saying this with the assumption that yall show up and play hard...and if you do...oakland 45 Lavergne 7

Four votes for the Lower Antioch Woolies? And no one will tell us why they think they will win. The Pass Happy Wolverines have two wins over Cane Ridge (everybody beats them) Ravens and Franklin County. Lost by large margins to Riverdale, Blackman, and Brentwood (average giving up 32 points per game). While their offense is respectable, they are giving up close to 250 yards per game on the ground with over 100 in the air. Grooms is a good quarterback and they have some decent receivers. But their line has had problems on both sides of the field. Hard to win if you can't block and stop the run. If you are going to vote for LaVergne, tell us why.

Oakland 35-LaVergne 7 (LaVergne scores in the fourth quarter after Coach Mac calls off the dogs and put in the freshmen).

Watchman, #20 is Buddy Mitchell

Probably a combination of LaVergne scoring 28 last year AT Oakland at OHS homecoming when OHS still had McAdoo and Keeling and those guys along with the recent LHS 2nd half shutout of Franklin County. Plus the midstate is overdue for a major upset. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't - LHS still has Siegel and Indy on the tail end of the schedule for a chance at more W's.

Want to talk about Antioch? Let's talk about the demographics at Oakland as well then. Familiar with an area zoned to Oakland called "Kittrell"??? From what I hear, it resembles the Springer show. My guess is the kids at Oakland from Kittrell probably aren't in the I B program to say the least...but ought to keep the credit recovery and i.s.s. departments plenty busy.

A couple of years ago, according to AYP, Oakland High School was labeled “high-priority†for two consecutive years due to a low graduation rate.

LINK: http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=7402

Shall I keep going?

(by the way, Mitchell's winning TD vs. Brentwood was an outstanding effort...and despite it's academic woes, I will still pull for OHS when they play the purple and yellow of smyrna)

Edited by nrgrizzlies

No explosiveness hu! If u saw the Blackmen game and I know you did then you would know, if you have any football knowledge, that the score was 24-14 early in the third and LaVergne had the ball with a shot to make it a 3 point game but LaVergne fumble and the flood gates opened. So lets think about the no explosiveness comment and thinking as if Blackmen had no adversity in that game. I guess I need to consider the caliber of people and the football IQs on these boards before I blow a gasket reading some of the comments on here. Most folks only see a big final score and think LaVergne did nothing well and had no shot in that game. Now did LaVergne tackle well? No. Even if they did #5 would still have had a big game cause he is just that good. Blackmen is and was the better team but LaVergne was 3 play or so away from making that thing interesting.

Probably a combination of LaVergne scoring 28 last year AT Oakland at OHS homecoming when OHS still had McAdoo and Keeling and those guys along with the recent LHS 2nd half shutout of Franklin County. Plus the midstate is overdue for a major upset. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't - LHS still has Siegel and Indy on the tail end of the schedule for a chance at more W's.

Want to talk about Antioch? Let's talk about the demographics at Oakland as well then. Familiar with an area zoned to Oakland called "Kittrell"??? From what I hear, it resembles the Springer show. My guess is the kids at Oakland from Kittrell probably aren't in the I B program to say the least...but ought to keep the credit recovery and i.s.s. departments plenty busy.

A couple of years ago, according to AYP, Oakland High School was labeled “high-priority†for two consecutive years due to a low graduation rate.

LINK: http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=7402

Shall I keep going?

(by the way, Mitchell's winning TD vs. Brentwood was an outstanding effort...and despite it's academic woes, I will still pull for OHS when they play the purple and yellow of smyrna)

cough purple and gold cough

Isn't La Vergne known for those issues throughout the school? Pretty sure my friends who went there complained of too much violence and gangs...say for instance....2004 SHS vs LHS basketball game at SHS...2 La Vergne students came over and started shooting....hhmmm...and Oakland is the problem school???

No explosiveness hu! If u saw the Blackmen game and I know you did then you would know, if you have any football knowledge, that the score was 24-14 early in the third and LaVergne had the ball with a shot to make it a 3 point game but LaVergne fumble and the flood gates opened. So lets think about the no explosiveness comment and thinking as if Blackmen had no adversity in that game. I guess I need to consider the caliber of people and the football IQs on these boards before I blow a gasket reading some of the comments on here. Most folks only see a big final score and think LaVergne did nothing well and had no shot in that game. Now did LaVergne tackle well? No. Even if they did #5 would still have had a big game cause he is just that good. Blackmen is and was the better team but LaVergne was 3 play or so away from making that thing interesting.

It's actually Blackman not Blackmen. And the tailback is #4 not #5, although #5 is pretty good too. Don't forget it was 24 - 0 when you got a short touchdown after a fumbled snap and a touch after the onside kick to start the second half. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad