State Tournament

Duckbutterbandit

To all players that did not make it to the State Golf Tournament. If you want to play college golf don't give up. Not all the best players in the state are in the State tournament. I know this for a fact. One bad hole in a round of golf can keep you out on a one day tournament. I wish TN had a better format. In football you can make it to the play offs with a losing record but since golf is a non incoming producing sport a player only gets one chance. Regional tournaments should be 2 days. A player must play in 2 day tournaments to get recognized by college coaches. Nine hole high School matches don't mean anything to them. There are plenty of junior tours almost through out the year to play in so you can display your talents. Shoot good scores and build a good resume. Good luck.

My point being that the low medalist for Tullahoma, Dustin Lynch shot 67, and the low medalist for Lawrence County, Sam Roberts shot 73, in the district and don't get to go to the State. Something just dosen't seem right about that. I don't know what the answer is but these two individuals could compete for the title if they were in the tournament.

Something that i dont think that is to fair with high school golf is that Oakland Tullahoma and Lawrence Coutny all should be at the state tournament, but only one team can advance. Tullahoma and Lawrence county could beat a lot of the teams in the state cause they showed they could during the year, but neither played their best at region so they will be at home next week.

Posted by mickelsonjr:

Something that i dont think that is to fair with high school golf is that Oakland Tullahoma and Lawrence Coutny all should be at the state tournament, but only one team can advance. Tullahoma and Lawrence county could beat a lot of the teams in the state cause they showed they could during the year, but neither played their best at region so they will be at home next week.

I agree with this 100%.