TSSA to start drug testing coaches...

BigG

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drug testing coaches

I know this has to do with club, but thought it would bring up a good conversation starter...

Total waste of money...Coaches already submit to a background check... If I even had the slightest doubt that my child's coach was using drugs. We would be outta there.

Somewhere personal responsibly and common sense of the parents must kick back in, in our big brother society.

I believe that Notre Dame is the only high school in Chattanooga area that has drug testing. All students are tested, not just athletes.

CC, not that kind of test. I'm sure they want all the students at Notre Dame to be able to identify all drugs, what class they belong into and what is their pharmaceutical class. We're talking about peeing in a cup...

CC, not that kind of test. I'm sure they want all the students at Notre Dame to be able to identify all drugs, what class they belong into and what is their pharmaceutical class. We're talking about peeing in a cup...

Yes, both kinds of tests are required except a little more advanced than peeing in a cup for the substance abuse testing. Now they go for hair follicles. Much harder to mask and goes back for 90 days. First time, student gets choice of treatment or expulsion. Second time, student is expelled.

Do any other high schools in Tennessee have this policy?

I've heard of drug "searches" and such, but not random testing. I believe a school can ask for drug testing to be completed if there is adequate suspicion of drug use (though I don't know what that entails).

And this is for club soccer, which I assume has no random drug testing at all for the players.

I can understand if the club requires this, along with background checks, for the hiring of employees. I guess it is like any other job (though how many of you coach T'ers get random drug testing at your jobs?)

I've heard of drug "searches" and such, but not random testing. I believe a school can ask for drug testing to be completed if there is adequate suspicion of drug use (though I don't know what that entails).

And this is for club soccer, which I assume has no random drug testing at all for the players.

I can understand if the club requires this, along with background checks, for the hiring of employees. I guess it is like any other job (though how many of you coach T'ers get random drug testing at your jobs?)

I have not heard of any other school testing students, either. I am very supportive of Notre Dame doing so.

I am also supportive of the state soccer association's plans for drug testing of coaches. Now, if they would only require testing of parents, too! At least, the crazy ones.

I have not heard of any other school testing students, either. I am very supportive of Notre Dame doing so.

I am also supportive of the state soccer association's plans for drug testing of coaches. Now, if they would only require testing of parents, too! At least, the crazy ones.

I know Baylor and McCallie at least considered it around the time ND went to it. Not sure if they did and/or still do it. One benefit is it gives the students an out, if you will, regarding peer pressure.