BIG 8 CONFERENCE - Week 7

The Hill

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stacy Carter is drooling.

Stacy probably thinks he is snake bit after last years try against DB.To have a glaring weakness in an area that finds our best athletes,may not be such a bad thing at this point.Don't get me wrong,every game is major in terms of seedings come playoff time.Every man on these boards has a pretty good ideal of what needs to be done in order for DB to advance out of east Tennessee and zero weaknesses will be our goal over the next month.

Stacy probably thinks he is snake bit after last years try against DB.To have a glaring weakness in an area that finds our best athletes,may not be such a bad thing at this point.Don't get me wrong,every game is major in terms of seedings come playoff time.Every man on these boards has a pretty good ideal of what needs to be done in order for DB to advance out of east Tennessee and zero weaknesses will be our goal over the next month.

I predict that DB vs SH will be the game of the year. More size and matching athleticism is going to be a huge test for DB.

I do not think the South/DB game bears great consequense on this game except for the fact that it bears great consequense. DB was not ready for a South team that came ready to play. South is minus 3 key players at this moment. They will play at their current level of competitiveness for the remainder of the season. The Vikings, on paper, is a better team than South. DB, on paper is probably better than both South and Bristol put together. But, as has been shown, they have weaknesses. This is an advantage for the Vikings. That is to have witnessed those weaknesses exposed by South. To date, as I have witnessed, Stubbs has not sufficiently utilised Downs...either on D or O. Just as South has not benefitted from the expertise of Garvin. Because of the lack of use of Downs the Vikings, and in particular their QB, will not be able to rely on his abilities. He did not play much last season and has little experience catching the ball this season. The forward pass takes much time (parctice) to succeed...and practice under duress I might add. Just as Stacy Carter rode Curt, and the Dr., Stubbs will ride his run, first, second, third, and pass as a last resort offense into oblivion. The most important factor for the Vikings is to control Seabolt. He is ultra quick with his ball handling ability and makes last second decisions with the best I have seen. His passing game is fine. Not great...but fine. The kicking game will be crutial and the Vikings have one. This will be a coaching game and if Stubbs is Stubborn then the Vikings will fall. If he shows his once in a blue moon rocket science ability then the Vikings have a chance. The Vikings QB will not fare as well as Hayden with the Indian's blitz. And therefore will see it more and more. This will either be Bristols death knell or their trump card. Had Hayden had more time he would have destroyed DB's secondary. Clark/Watson knew this going in. Stubbs will not throw the deep ball. Even though South proved it could be done. Stubbs could not have asked for a better scouting report than South has given them. And DB could not have asked for a better management consultation than what they got from South. DB will play with afterburners glowing red from the first kickoff. The Vikings better strap it on for this is their judgement day. The team with the most toys wins.

Did Mr. Haynie give you permission to post this week?

Ever game DB plays is the game of the year in terms of attention. You people can't get us out of your head.

.....you know what, I'd have a SA remark if it weren't true. You are right, DB is the game of the year because that is the toughest team in the conference. You could go 1-9 but if you beat DB that one game...you had a good year.

I'd like to see a game of it, but I just think DB has too many guns for TN High, especially after the GVille game.