BIG 8 CONFERENCE - Week 7

The Hill

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the current potential first round playoff games for Big 8 schools from the TSSAA website through week 6:

6A Quad 1:

#8 Oak Ridge @ #1 Dobyns Bennett

#7 Jeff County @ #2 Science Hill

#6 Farragut @ #3 Bearden

#5 hardin Valley @ #4 Sevier County

5A Quad 1:

#8 Morristown East @ #1 Powell

#7 Clinton @ #2 TN High

#6 Anderson County @ #3 Morristown West

#5 Knox West @ #4 Daniel Boone

I know it's meaningless now, but could make for some interesting discussion...

Here are the current potential first round playoff games for Big 8 schools from the TSSAA website through week 6:

6A Quad 1:

#8 Oak Ridge @ #1 Dobyns Bennett

#7 Jeff County @ #2 Science Hill

#6 Farragut @ #3 Bearden

#5 hardin Valley @ #4 Sevier County

5A Quad 1:

#8 Morristown East @ #1 Powell

#7 Clinton @ #2 TN High

#6 Anderson County @ #3 Morristown West

#5 Knox West @ #4 Daniel Boone

I know it's meaningless now, but could make for some interesting discussion...

Boone In, TN High In, Crockett just barely misses with 3 wins now, but the schedule is not in their favor. South, with a great first tie breaker will top the four or five win teams. Looks like 5 wins is sure in, 4 probably. So, as I am sure they know, they need either the SH or TH game and take care of business against Crockett and Vol. to decide their own fate. There are all kinds of chances for rematches here from last year or even this year. SS v Powell, SS v. K. West, SS v. Boone, SS v. TH would all be interesting.

Edited by jhilts

Boone In, TN High In, Crockett just barely misses with 3 wins now, but the schedule is not in their favor. South, with a great first tie breaker will top the four or five win teams. Looks like 5 wins is sure in, 4 probably. So, as I am sure they know, they need either the SH or TH game and take care of business against Crockett and Vol. to decide their own fate. There are all kinds of chances for rematches here from last year or even this year. SS v Powell, SS v. K. West, SS v. Boone, SS v. TH would all be interesting.

I would say 5 wins would be wild card territory. David Crockett and Smyrna missed the playoffs with 5 wins last year. I would have to look see who the other teams play throughout the season, but I believe the only way for South to be guaranteed a spot is to win the rest of their regular season games.

How do you get 32 points in a football game? :blink:

In this scenario. TH scores first with xp 7-0. DB scores and misses xp 7-6. TH scores again with xp 14-6. DB scores and goes for 2 to tie the game and fails 14-12. TH kicks fg 17-12. DB scores again now and goes for 2 to makes it a three point game and misses again 18-17. DB scores again with xp 25-17. DB scores again with xp 32-17. final. would that work?

In this scenario. TH scores first with xp 7-0. DB scores and misses xp 7-6. TH scores again with xp 14-6. DB scores and goes for 2 to tie the game and fails 14-12. TH kicks fg 17-12. DB scores again now and goes for 2 to makes it a three point game and misses again 18-17. DB scores again with xp 25-17. DB scores again with xp 32-17. final. would that work?

Sorry I am a nerd and saw a word problem I had to solve it. Not gonna happen however.

D-B scores the first 3 TD's.21-0,TH Holds but REF dont see it or call it,and TH scores a TD.21-7,D-B scores TD,misses XP cause TH was offsides But the REFS dont call it or see it.27-7,D-B kicks FG.30-7,TH goes to PUNT it goes past the kicker and out of the ENDZONE for 2.32-7,TH want score 17 thats the biggest thing to try to find out??