District 4AAA

bballdad4lyfe

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates that now that we are in second half of season. POY, Best Freshman, Coach of Year, worst coach etc.

I believe it's going to be an exciting district tournament coming up next month. Glad we are hosting it at William Blount. Lots of parity on the girl's side. West is awfully tough when they are hitting on all cylinders. Maryville, with the two strong posts, Vaught and Maples, have to be one of the favorites (injury to Bekah Singleton will hurt the Lady Rebels, hopefully they can get her back by tournament time). Haven't got to see Farragut, but their record speaks for itself. William Blount girls are very competitive and have the potential to make some noise. Guard Tatum Burstrom is a shooter (she eclipsed 1000 points for her career on Friday night ... she's still just a junior.) Had a great opportunity to beat Maryville this past week, but couldn't get it finished. Coach Cowan at Bearden is a veteran, savvy coach who can "x and o" you to death. His girls a have pulled off a couple of big district wins. Lenoir City has district wins vs Farragut and Bearden ... lots of athletes and very good coach. Heritage girls will absolutely compete to end. Coach Howard has some great young players, some good shooters, and Kathryn Inman (senior guard) is capable of taking over a game. Catholic is young but I love the way they play ...lots of hustle, getting on the floor, diving for loose balls, etc. I don't think I forgot anybody did I?

I really believe the tournament is up for grabs and should be great. Oh yeah ... I would be hard pressed not to stick with Torie Vaught for Player of the Year. Her game continues to improve. Not only a force inside, she has a deadly jump shot from 15 feet. Also, surprisingly, against WB this past week, she handled the ball on several occasions, going coast to coast a couple of times for lay ups. Not bad for 6'0". She's got my vote.

Edited by GovMan

I believe it's going to be an exciting district tournament coming up next month. Glad we are hosting it at William Blount. Lots of parity on the girl's side. West is awfully tough when they are hitting on all cylinders. Maryville, with the two strong posts, Vaught and Maples, have to be one of the favorites (injury to Bekah Singleton will hurt the Lady Rebels, hopefully they can get her back by tournament time). Haven't got to see Farragut, but their record speaks for itself. William Blount girls are very competitive and have the potential to make some noise. Guard Tatum Burstrom is a shooter (she eclipsed 1000 points for her career on Friday night ... she's still just a junior.) Had a great opportunity to beat Maryville this past week, but couldn't get it finished. Coach Cowan at Bearden is a veteran, savvy coach who can "x and o" you to death. His girls a have pulled off a couple of big district wins. Lenoir City has district wins vs Farragut and Bearden ... lots of athletes and very good coach. Heritage girls will absolutely compete to end. Coach Howard has some great young players, some good shooters, and Kathryn Inman (senior guard) is capable of taking over a game. Catholic is young but I love the way they play ...lots of hustle, getting on the floor, diving for loose balls, etc. I don't think I forgot anybody did I?

I really believe the tournament is up for grabs and should be great. Oh yeah ... I would be hard pressed not to stick with Torie Vaught for Player of the Year. Her game continues to improve. Not only a force inside, she has a deadly jump shot from 15 feet. Also, surprisingly, against WB this past week, she handled the ball on several occasions, going coast to coast a couple of times for lay ups. Not bad for 6'0". She's got my vote.

Very Nice Summary

As far as the Freshman, How many Play serious minutes on Varsity

(Please correct if I am wrong) I am not sure which is best

Maryville= 1

Heritage= 3

WB=

LC=

Bearden= 1

West=

Farragut=

Catholic= 1

Very Nice Summary

As far as the Freshman, How many Play serious minutes on Varsity

(Please correct if I am wrong) I am not sure which is best

Maryville= 1

Heritage= 3

WB=

LC=

Bearden= 1

West=

Farragut=

Catholic= 1

I saw the Bearden Freshman point guard #24 play against us. She scored 22 in JV and turned around and scored 14 in Varsity. She shoots the jumper well, drives to basket and plays good defense. I overheard some people making comments that she averages about 12 points but only plays about two quarters , due to the coach trying to satisfy other players. She is one of the many freshamn in our district that deserves more minutes due to talent. She will one to watch over the next few years

Edited by bballdad4lyfe

I saw the Bearden Freshman point guard #24 play against us. She scored 22 in JV and turned around and scored 14 in Varsity. She shoots the jumper well, drives to basket and plays good defense. I overheard some people making comments that she averages about 12 points but only plays about two quarters , due to the coach trying to satisfy other players. She is one of the many freshamn in our district that deserves more minutes due to talent. She will one to watch over the next few years

Is #24 the Walsh girl? If so you are right she is pretty good, I heard about Bearden having a good young guard named Walsh who is a good 3pt shooter and defender. My friend coaches boys in that league and girls Aau and he talks a lot about the Walsh girl you mentioned and another freshman post named carter or canter who are the future over there along with the Jr point guard. Seems like those 3 could be a good young nucleus.

Is #24 the Walsh girl? If so you are right she is pretty good, I heard about Bearden having a good young guard named Walsh who is a good 3pt shooter and defender. My friend coaches boys in that league and girls Aau and he talks a lot about the Walsh girl you mentioned and another freshman post named carter or canter who are the future over there along with the Jr point guard. Seems like those 3 could be a good young nucleus.

Maryville has a Freshman that she has started every game

Leila Bangash plays 2,3 good all around player very quick

Heritage has three freshman on varisity and they each had a chance to start

Jordan Johnson point guard

Bethany Massey Plays the 3,4

Abby Burchfield very good defensive player

Norwood very good offensive player, and good defensive

What's the word on Bearden...I heard they had a lot of kids quit this year.

Are the LC parents still whining like crazy?

Don't get to see as much bball as I used to but I know Farragut is pretty good at all levels.

Maryville has a Freshman that she has started every game

Leila Bangash plays 2,3 good all around player very quick

Heritage has three freshman on varisity and they each had a chance to start

Jordan Johnson point guard

Bethany Massey Plays the 3,4

Abby Burchfield very good defensive player

Norwood very good offensive player, and good defensive

Seen all these Freshman play this year. Bangash will probably be the best of the group. However, Maryville really does not have tons of talent from the juniors on down. She will be the future star by default. Massey will be Heritage's future and will do great for them. Johnson will be another that will have to play by default as Heritage is another program in the county losing steam and not a lot of talent coming up the pipeline. Have'nt really seen Burchfield contribute yet.WB needs a post to go with Burstrom. Burstrom one of the best in the county that I have seen along with Voight from Maryville.

Edited by basketballgirl17