Watch Loretto vs. Rogers, AL & Lincoln Co. LIVE

score3

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is much better than I thought it would be. Some questions:

Does Loretto have a broadcasting cirriculum that students can learn how to get into this field. Some schools do.

Does anyone have an ROI as to what it would take to get set up for a presentation or a group of presentations?

I noticed the lighting was a little off at firs and was adjusted> Would that cost be in the ROI.

this is on Facebook. Is that the current tecchnology or is there something that is of better quality in the presentation?

Is there a reason that there was no one calling the game on audio?

Can you think of things you would or couold give a better presentation with any other equipment?

Had you thought of making lines heavier so they can be seen better?

Without sounding critical, this was very good. Was this the radio station that was putting this on?

Where might someone call to get other information about this?

1. No, no broadcasting curriculum yet. This is simply a couple of alumni that wants to give the kids some exposure and for relatives in other states and Tennessee.

2. The lighting difference is caused by our white balance being set to automatic. We will learn from this and adjust properly.

3. The biggest cost is the internet line.

4. We put this on facebook to help spread the word around the USA.

5. No one is calling the game because volleyball is so fast pace, we couldn't keep up if we tried.

6. There is better equipment out there, we are just starting out and are not pros by any means.

7. I will get with the AD and see about brightening up the lines.

8. Thank you for the compliment. We really appreciate it! We have a broadcasting calendar on the site of upcoming broadcasts and are thankful for any feedback we can get.

This is much better than I thought it would be. Some questions:

Does Loretto have a broadcasting cirriculum that students can learn how to get into this field. Some schools do.

Does anyone have an ROI as to what it would take to get set up for a presentation or a group of presentations?

I noticed the lighting was a little off at firs and was adjusted> Would that cost be in the ROI.

this is on Facebook. Is that the current tecchnology or is there something that is of better quality in the presentation?

Is there a reason that there was no one calling the game on audio?

Can you think of things you would or couold give a better presentation with any other equipment?

Had you thought of making lines heavier so they can be seen better?

Without sounding critical, this was very good. Was this the radio station that was putting this on?

Where might someone call to get other information about this?

The only other thing I can say if you don't have someone who can do the audio, you might do some tings like put on the screen names and numbers. maybe thats a problem to you. Did you have to get approval from TSSAA to do this?

Edited by PHargis

I guess what you are telling me is that the Internet line has to be dedicated, is that right?

I think it would rock if some of the bigger schools could get this in place.

PHargis, you might check with some of the local colleges. I was dumbfounded to see that big universities like MTSU, Lipscomb, Belmont, etc. don't webcast their games however all the schools that my daughter plays against (smaller, DII) do. I am able to watch her matches from NC, SC, East TN and KY on a regular basis. They don't necessarily have someone calling the matches and putting graphics up the screen is very difficult to do, but the video combined with the "live stats" they are already providing lend itself to a pretty good viewing experience.

Via these webcasts I haven't missed but one or two of her matches since she started college. It's pretty great technology but apparently being used only by smaller schools. In fact, a friend with a player at <insert large southeast university name> told me yesterday that her school only webcasts 4 matches a year.

Wouldn't it be great if this became the standard rather than the exception?

I think it would rock if some of the bigger schools could get this in place.

PHargis, you might check with some of the local colleges. I was dumbfounded to see that big universities like MTSU, Lipscomb, Belmont, etc. don't webcast their games however all the schools that my daughter plays against (smaller, DII) do. I am able to watch her matches from NC, SC, East TN and KY on a regular basis. They don't necessarily have someone calling the matches and putting graphics up the screen is very difficult to do, but the video combined with the "live stats" they are already providing lend itself to a pretty good viewing experience.

Via these webcasts I haven't missed but one or two of her matches since she started college. It's pretty great technology but apparently being used only by smaller schools. In fact, a friend with a player at <insert large southeast university name> told me yesterday that her school only webcasts 4 matches a year.

Wouldn't it be great if this became the standard rather than the exception?

Basketball is televised on a selected basis all season. A-Sun may do some Volleyball. After thinking about the graphics, it doen't have to be put on the Screen if Loretto had software to provide stats on another screen as a recap.. I'm aftaid a lot of schools provide only limited webcasts. The reason is, likely, advertising for VB does not compete with viewing for the Oblong sphere that fans like to see the ball bouncing from one side of the field to the other. Its true, when looking at matches, Volleyball does have less time needed for a match and is likely more action packed for the time broadcast, but even the matches broadcast by Brentwood high School as I understand it have good viewing ratings.

To be cost effective although they didn't mention sending an RoI, a school would have to be interested in broadcasting numerous sports like brentwood and have a good following. Telecasting likely would cut down on personal attendance. It would require selling advertisement and a rather large at home audience which would come from a broad section of schools. The technology likely is there but not exactly like the way Loretto is doing it. I tip my hat to the parents that put together the event but TSSAA has got all of the Tournaments already tied up which would be the greatest attraction.

I'm not sure it would cut down on actual attendance. I go to all the games I am able to and only view online those I cannot physically attend. You'd probably get more online viewing from the visiting school as it is sometime more difficult to travel. Besides, the actual webcast itself is not optimal viewing :) If you do not have hi-speed broadband (and even sometimes when you do) the video is fairly choppy and sometimes freezes all together (but in my case, beggars can't be choosy).

Truely, the live stats the schools use are a God-send for junkies like me :)

MTSU and Lipscomb might use the same software for stats. DII used it in their State Tournament there and I believe MTSU used it last year at State. Technology is fun. Cost saving too. Since newspapers are using it more, look for schools to use stat software and send information there. CT discussed it 2 or 3 years back to send info to this site.

The same problems still exist and thats making sure someone sends the data in. It would be great for Tournaments as long as the hardware was set up at each scoring station. Until then telephones and fighting the battle of schedules being loaded which few like to do is still there. Someone is going to get it worked out, maybe not all the way but far enough along that it is cost effective. And after that, a lot will be feasible, even TV but not with the security problems at facebook. And then it will explode.

I was dumbfounded to see that big universities like MTSU, Lipscomb, Belmont, etc. don't webcast their games however all the schools that my daughter plays against (smaller, DII) do.

Lipscomb and Belmont have their matches webcast on ASun.tv (aka PPV). I usually see a broadcast table/booth for the internet feed - very cool. MTSU, to my knowledge, has nothing.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Now that wouldn’t surprise me a bit. That has been going on heavily since the days of Larry Kerr @ AC. One of the major reasons CC has never really had much at all, barring about 2 seasons in football. AC milks it dry.
    • Interesting how quite it is. Rumors are going around that Anderson County is being looked at by TSSAA for recruiting violations with the Campbell County transfers. 
    • I heard from a member of the teaching staff that there has been a dispute over use of the game field between football, and girls lacrosse team. Girls had a game and wanted to warm up and football coaches did want to leave. The football coaches came down hard with some bad vulgar language and the girls lacrosse backed down. What a classy act BHS athletics has become.
    • The lawsuit requests a jury trial. Sable Winfree has extremely competent legal representation. FYI - her lawyer represented the Warren County school system for years, and I believe he knows what constitutes a reasonable lawsuit.
    • coach brooks had a an sir fore groves he tryed two shoekase his them there sun and stoppd groves ezally