by far the best player in midstate

PanzyFan

Reed Stinson for David Lipscomb. no one knows about this kid but from what ive seen he has the purest shot that ive ever seen in high school basketball. he puts josh goodwin to shame. hes got a great work ethic and hes nothin but hustle. he will greatly help lipscomb this year w/ both his offense and his d. except for maybe memphis, this kid could start for anyone in the state. hes a 6'2" guard that can shoot the lights out of the ball. i expect him to really turn heads this year.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll leave this one up to GOMAB2 to determine if he could start anywhere in the state..I know his Teammate Josh Stephens is a good player and I know coach Mike Roller is a heck of a coach but I didnt know he had two great players on the same team.

So GOMAB2 what do you think, could this one kid start anywhere in the state..how good is he?

I'm not sure if I know this kid or not. If he is a SR, then I know either 1 or 2 kids from Lipscomb played AAU for Tn Thunder this past summer. One kid I didn't recognize had a SWEET shot, but someone told me the kid I'm referring to was Cody Willoughby from Davidson Academy. If that is so, and the other Thunder player was Reed Stinson, then the kid is very, very average, though he does play hard and defend with intensity. I have to say that this kid is probably not the star the post has made him out to be....

Thunder30............can you shed some light on this???

Posted by gomab2:

I'm not sure if I know this kid or not. If he is a SR, then I know either 1 or 2 kids from Lipscomb played AAU for Tn Thunder this past summer. One kid I didn't recognize had a SWEET shot, but someone told me the kid I'm referring to was Cody Willoughby from Davidson Academy. If that is so, and the other Thunder player was Reed Stinson, then the kid is very, very average, though he does play hard and defend with intensity. I have to say that this kid is probably not the star the post has made him out to be....

Thunder30............can you shed some light on this???

Sorry about the last Post.. I have just joined.

My son played for the Thunder(Select, 17U) and Thunder (Williams, Sr. Boys Nationals). He wore several different numbers. He wore #10 in Knoxville (Sr. boys nationals). He may have worn 30 when you saw them.

He is 6'3" and started at 2 guard. He is a senior at BGA.

I know Reed Stinson. He did not play on any Thunder team this year.

CUfan.....what is your son's name??? Is your son the one I am referring to with the "SWEET shot". I hadn't seen this kid before, and I can't remember his # (it may have been 10 or 30), but he did start (along with Brandon Harriford, Patrick Evans, Stanley Bender, and Jermain Shute, I think). If this is the same kid, I need his name for my Player Rankings.........

Yes, probably he is the player you are talking about. His name is Cole Rose. He is a senior at BGA. He plays point guard there, however, played mostly 2 for the Thunder.

He played the previous (AAU) season with the Franklin Hoops. This was his first time with the Thunder; they gave jersey number preferance to "returning" players, so he wore a different jersey number at nearly every tournament.

He wears # 10 @ BGA.

Yes, Cole is a senior this year.

He played some varsity (mostly JV) as a Freshman and Sophmore. He started last season (Junior) at point guard. He was "all region" last season.

Unofficial stats: 9 pts, 4 reb, 3 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocked shots, 2 turnovers per game (30 games).