William Blount vs. Lenoir City

TG24

Alright, I guess it's my turn to start this week's thread! The Govs are traveling to Lenoir City after a tough loss against West. Can WB bounce back and make a run at the playoffs here in these last three weeks? Lenoir City is a much improved football team this year, and very dangerous. I think the Panthers are definitely headed in the right direction. It's going to be a tough game this week, but I think the Govs will end up pulling it out. Let's hear everyone's thoughts and predictions on this week's game

I say:

WB- 17

LC- 14

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a very good competitive game. If i remember right i think LC won in a very close game last year at william blount... I think LC will do the same this year and win a close one at home! They struggled last week against west. The game was 21 14 at half and west blocked LC field goal going into halftime and stole all momentum. 2nd half LC was very flat and had trouble with the veer! I dont know a whole lot about WB i know they did play west in a very close game but besides that not much... Its all about matchups and how fired up these kids come out to play so that doesnt always matter how one team played another. Goodluck to both teams friday night, looking forward to a good game.

This should be a very good competitive game. If i remember right i think LC won in a very close game last year at william blount... I think LC will do the same this year and win a close one at home! They struggled last week against west. The game was 21 14 at half and west blocked LC field goal going into halftime and stole all momentum. 2nd half LC was very flat and had trouble with the veer! I dont know a whole lot about WB i know they did play west in a very close game but besides that not much... Its all about matchups and how fired up these kids come out to play so that doesnt always matter how one team played another. Goodluck to both teams friday night, looking forward to a good game.

In a game of WB's best effort vs. LC's best effoert, I say Willie B is more talented, and should win by a couple TD's. But, it is high school football, and teams sometimes do not play consistently from week to week. WB's Defense seems to have found itself the last 4 games, Going to a 4-4 has fixed alot of poblems thay had vs. Sevier County. The offense seems to drive the ball very well, but get's slowed down in the redzone when opponents put in a goal line defense. Don't get me wrong, i Like the offense. It is very controlling and eats a bunch of clock, really shortens the game. But an 8 minute drive that doesn't produce points can leave you wanting time put back on the clock. So, if WB executes in the red zone, should be a big win. The week off should help because most of the red zone problems against Catholic, and West seemed to be little things, penalties, turnovers, timing etc.. I don't mean that penalties or turnovers are a little thing, but that we are not being overmatched by athletic ability (which could not be fixed from one game to the next) but rather that we have good athletic ability, and the execution can be fixed, and I expect the team to play sharper this week and eliminate some mistakes.

Let's get behind our team, and make a run for a playoff spot.

Hope to see a big crowd at the game. These kid's have a lot to still play for, and man would I love to get to travel to Riverdale to experience that atmosphere on a Friday night in the playoffs. (Looks like a possible 3-7 matchup in that QUAD) I have heard it compares to Kingsport DB, and that was really something.

GO GOVS!!!

Voodoo