Dobyns Bennett & David Crockett

WaCoJaCo

I'm not predicting a close game but I do think that Crockett will come out and play with some heart, unlike what we saw from the Vikings last week. I was really expecting much more from them and looked forward to seeing them run the ball "because that's what they do". Cap1 provided some expaination earlier in his posts, but something must be up with them.

I was also impressed with how hard South played against DB under Coach Haney, although IMO the game was impacted by the guys in the striped shirts. Not sure how they lost to GC if they gave the same type of effort. If they play with the same level of intensity against SH and TN High, I think they'll win those games as well. Boone is also very physical upfront and I predict they'll take TN High as well, based upon seeing both teams.

Can't wait for the DB and SH game. ROLL TRIBE!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also meant to compliment GC and the DB staff for making changes to our defensive front line last week against TN HIgh. Inserting Hayworth and "little" Sensabaugh was a good move, considering what happened up front against South.

We have been in bad shape for a couple of years at the nose position.It's been a rob peter to pay paul deal from the offensive line and we have been playing three defensive ends instead of using a big nose.My hats off to the sacrifice those guys have made to help the team.It's a lot for a 190 pounder to go against a couple of guys in the middle.It's a lot for Ty to have to go both ways as well,but he is a player and up for the challenge to help the team.I'm glad to see Nick coming up, it reminds me of when Chris came up because we were in bad shape at running back depth.It will take a while to see just how good this young man is going to be{the sky is the limit} and I'm happy to see him playing and getting what it takes to step into big brothers very large shoes.

Edited by BatmanDB

Is Crockett bringing in extra seats for you guys like Boone did? Or will the Tribe faithful just take over the home side down there? I would think the Crockett fans would still be turning out. They have won 4 games already and only need 1 more to lock down a playoff berth. They are probably realists though and would just like to come out and see #3 in 6A up close. That doesn't blow through Jonesborough very often.

This thread is about as useful as Boone and Volunteer's. I will say if you mix up all of those colors you get the color of SC's vomit after that manhandling Friday night.

Hey Sasquatch.... golf Sunday was great!! See you at the South vs SHill Game Thursday? Boone will absolutley run over Tennessee High, they are terrible!!

Go Boone

Roll Tribe

Hey Sasquatch.... golf Sunday was great!! See you at the South vs SHill Game Thursday? Boone will absolutley run over Tennessee High, they are terrible!!

Go Boone

Roll Tribe

I enjoyed taking some tribe faithful to the woodshed. I needed a little payback after the FB game a few weeks ago.

As far as this game goes you need to keep everybody healthy because I would like to see you guys make a run this year.

Just wondering if any DB'ers went to the Sevier & Robinson game last night and what you thought about it?

Had to work.What's up with Sevier.That has to be the biggest win in the series for R&R.I wonder who won the challenge between the DB players and what group had to run.I know coach Holt probably led the Robinson side.

Had to work.What's up with Sevier.That has to be the biggest win in the series for R&R.I wonder who won the challenge between the DB players and what group had to run.I know coach Holt probably led the Robinson side.

I stoped by and watched Sevier practice not long ago to see what kind of talent we had coming up. Just by looking, most of the players have pretty good size for a middle school team, and looked athletic. But there are several parents that are not happy with the way their being coached. I've also heard rumblings from others about the lack of football knowledge fom the coaches. I guess this is one of those "be careful what you wish for" deals. Many of us were wanting St.Clair out but we didn't think the would go from bad to worse. I was told that the Sevier kids looked lost on the field last night. Like they had never played football before. They come to practice every day and try to do their best, you would think the City of Kingsport would make the effort to give them a good coach. They don't deserve to be humilated 50-8 by a team they should be competitive with. Im sure these coaches are good guys but they should step down after this year and who ever appointed them coaches should be fired. Thats my opinion.