10AA

coachrus

Big game tonight between CPA and Lipscomb. Both teams are 5-0 about a 3rd of the way through district play. CPA, at least in my mind, is still the clear favorite. Their non-district losses have come at the hands of some really good teams. Playing at home tonight will be an edge as well.

Lipscomb would have to be a surprise so far at 11-2 overall. When the girls play together as a team (and they ususally do) they are tough to beat. They really get after you on defense but they have hit some cold streaks shooting-wise and that has hurt them some. They have it in them if they put it all together. They had a close overtime loss to a really good FRA team (that CPA beat by 1) and a really good come from behind win over Wilson Central in the last playday before the season. (Yes, I know playdays mean nothing, but people at that game saw flashes of a really, really good Lipscomb team - and, I'd rather have won it than gotten beat by 20!) Anyway, should be a great game tonight.

As for the rest of the district, Maplewood and MLK are two surprises, at least for me. They have both played really well at times. East Lit lost a lot but as Lipscomb found out Tuesday night, they can still be very dangerous. (Lipscomb won but didn't take the final lead until late in the game.) I haven't seen Hume Fogg yet but record-wise they apprear to have had a drop off this year.

At the end I think it will be CPA/Lipscomb fighting for 1/2 and Maplewood/East Lit for 3/4 in District 10AA. But, what do I know? Just random thoughts on a Friday morning....

Enjoy the games tonight! What a blessing to get to watch young adults play a great game!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game tonight between CPA and Lipscomb. Both teams are 5-0 about a 3rd of the way through district play. CPA, at least in my mind, is still the clear favorite. Their non-district losses have come at the hands of some really good teams. Playing at home tonight will be an edge as well.

Lipscomb would have to be a surprise so far at 11-2 overall. When the girls play together as a team (and they ususally do) they are tough to beat. They really get after you on defense but they have hit some cold streaks shooting-wise and that has hurt them some. They have it in them if they put it all together. They had a close overtime loss to a really good FRA team (that CPA beat by 1) and a really good come from behind win over Wilson Central in the last playday before the season. (Yes, I know playdays mean nothing, but people at that game saw flashes of a really, really good Lipscomb team - and, I'd rather have won it than gotten beat by 20!) Anyway, should be a great game tonight.

As for the rest of the district, Maplewood and MLK are two surprises, at least for me. They have both played really well at times. East Lit lost a lot but as Lipscomb found out Tuesday night, they can still be very dangerous. (Lipscomb won but didn't take the final lead until late in the game.) I haven't seen Hume Fogg yet but record-wise they apprear to have had a drop off this year.

At the end I think it will be CPA/Lipscomb fighting for 1/2 and Maplewood/East Lit for 3/4 in District 10AA. But, what do I know? Just random thoughts on a Friday morning....

Enjoy the games tonight! What a blessing to get to watch young adults play a great game!

Congrats to Lipscomb on the girls win Friday night. CPA seemed to choke down the stretch, but give DL credit for that. What a great atmosphere for high school basketball. Standing room only and two great student bodies. I look forward to the rematch at DL.

What a great game Friday night between Lipscomb and CPA. It was a great atmosphere. I'm guessing there were at least 15 or more lead changes or ties in the game. Both coaches were INTENSE and the girls on both teams played their hearts out. Lipscomb was fortunate to come out on top in this one. Congrats to the Lady Mustangs and Coach Smith!

This has turned into a great rivalry over the last few years. It should be another great game when CPA visits Lipscomb on February 8th.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I forgot that Maplewood and Stratford are ineligible for the District Tournament this year (due to the fight last year). So, Maplewood won't be battling anyone for 3/4 or any other seed. It's too bad, they are playing pretty well....

And speaking of playing well, Whites Creek put a scare in Lipscomb last week. The Creek had 3 starters playing this time that did not play in a early season 46 point loss to the Lady Mustangs. Apparently the first time 1 was a transfer who wasn't yet eligible and 1 had a concussion. Not sure about the other one. They definitely made a difference, though. The Creek could make some noise down the road....

And speaking of noise, The Creek has a couple of unbelievably LOUD fans - and apparently very angry, too. I'm not sure why they are so loud or so angry, but I was sitting right in front of and beside them and it was painful, in more ways than one....

And speaking of painful, I hate when games are cancelled as the DL/Maplewood games were tonight due to the snow. I understand why, I just hate it. Love watching high school basketball. Let's hope the rest of the weekend's games are played.

Be safe out there....

• 4 weeks later...