South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

A legend like myself never goes by hear say to pick a winner. I always form my opinion based on a first hand look at the young lads. I hope Dr. Flint, Blaster and others get the rare opportunity for me to grace you with my presence. Maybe one of you gentlemen can talk to your coach and athletics director to tell him that the living legend will be making a rare appearance in Benton. I think it would be a festive gesture on your part if you would make sure they have a sign welcoming the living legend to your facility. The fine folks at Cascade and Sequatchie County have already done that this for a legend like myself. I saw your young lads play last season at Phillip Beene Stadium. I remember watching the young lads from Marion County also take on Polk County during the first round of the 1991 and 1992 playoffs. The young lads at Polk have seemed to improve leaps and bounds from those clubs though.

Edited by TheLivingLegend

New schedule is still being set and there are some dates that hadn't been filled last I heard. Hopefully games with both Signal and Polk will work out. Signal has a new district schedule they have to line up and they are having the same problems finding non-district teams as we do

Was told @ the Polk game last week that Signal Mtn has been picked up as well as Chatt Central for next yr. Also Polk would continue to play Bradley and South Pitt. Not sure how true, but also heard they were trying to work games out with Alcoa or Cleveland, and possibly both. Personally I hope they play both.

You honestly think they could beat Signal? I could see them moving the ball and matching their size but I don't see them EVER stopping them on offense with their passing game

I do. I agree with Bobby Bowden. Talent doesn't always do well when it gets smacked in the mouth. Signal hasn't been smacked in the mouth yet. SP hasn't been a mouth smacking kind of team since '07. I have never seen a P.C. team that couldn't dish out as good as they got. Last year should have shown this bunch that much. PC is one of about 4 teams in TN that has played South Pittsburg 4 or more times and winning 50% or better. I hope the Pirates blow PC out because they haven't been doing all that great in slug outs the past couple of years.

Was told @ the Polk game last week that Signal Mtn has been picked up as well as Chatt Central for next yr. Also Polk would continue to play Bradley and South Pitt. Not sure how true, but also heard they were trying to work games out with Alcoa or Cleveland, and possibly both. Personally I hope they play both.

Are they trying to work up a schedule to keep themselves out of the playoffs. :roflol:

Ok, South Pitt might be a 1A team but they don't have 1A talent. And why? That's because of their coaching staff. I don't know how they get all that talent. I heard they recrute a little but that's all speculation. These South Pitt teams can play some football and they could play with and beat about every 3A team accept for Alcoa and i do think they should move up. Now to the game last year. Polk came out and just laid it to them and it took a little while for them to recuperate. I don't see Polk doing that this year but i do see this happening. South Pitt is not going to be able to slow down Polks running game because we have some absolute beasts in the back field. If yall South Pitt fans thought our full back was good last year, just wait until you see Mr.Saxe (#39) run behind Polks line(#'s 73,77,51,55,64) and that line is probably the best line polk has had since 2006. And that line also protects the best qb(#12) Polk has ever had. On the other side of the ball at middle line backer is Michael Hargove (#38). Remember that name South Pitt fans because he will be in the back field all night long!! And those South Pitt players better gang tackle because it will take about three or four to tackle polks players. Also, all that speed South Pitt fans has been talking about, well it's there but they haven't been hit like Polk will hit them.. and yes they will get hit. South Pitt will get some big plays through the air, but it wont be as many as they got against Signal Mountain. This game will be close but Polk will come out with a W against that little 1A team as South Pitt fans will say after the game friday. Man i can't wait until this game!!! Good luck to both teams.

South Pitt-22

vs

Polk County-34

I just quenched your thirst ;)

Wow a. I guess THAT is the short and sweet,huh,zone? :shock:

I guess Howie got his computer privileges taken away. He's not been on lately. ;)

Nope. Just waitin on somebody to come along and bite me hook. Now it looks like I got me a wildcat trapped. Oh wait, better yet; 'Coach J', can I ask you a question? Has PC ever won a state championship in football? Or has PC ever won a state championship in anything? I'm sorry but your map in 2010 will not include Cookeville nor will your win column say SPEED PITTSBURG either!-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!

Nope. Just waitin on somebody to come along and bite me hook. Now it looks like I got me a wildcat trapped. Oh wait, better yet; 'Coach J', can I ask you a question? Has PC ever won a state championship in football? Or has PC ever won a state championship in anything? I'm sorry but your map in 2010 will not include Cookeville nor will your win column say SPEED PITTSBURG either!-------HowiePirate---Class of 1985! Go Pirates!

So, homework take longer than usual? Polk does have a state championship in B-Ball in the early 80's. Here's a good vid on how crappy Polk's line is and how slow they are. http://polkcountywildcats.com/football/2010/05wv/39td_wv_de_092410_3303.html

Yeah it's hard for all these rednecks to figure out these high fangled computer devices and postin these vids on our low tech webiste is tough, so I hope it's good enough for you. Now can I get a link to SP's vids and their team website?

Edited by Coach J

So, homework take longer than usual? Polk does have a state championship in B-Ball in the early 80's. Here's a good vid on how crappy Polk's line is and how slow they are. http://polkcountywildcats.com/football/2010/05wv/39td_wv_de_092410_3303.html

Yeah it's hard for all these rednecks to figure out these high fangled computer devices and postin these vids on our low tech webiste is tough, so I hope it's good enough for you. Now can I get a link to SP's vids and their team website?

There was enough time on that run to go to the concession stand and back.