McKenzie vs. Huntingdon in two weeks!

duckman38201

Well The Mustangs Have Been Awful Quiet On The Boards This Season...But This Game Usually Brings Em Out...Complaining About Our Posts And Braggin About Their Record Over Us..And The Mystic Of Paul Ward Stadium....Heck Their Newspaper Guy Even Complains Of Our Posting In The Local Paper...Now I Don't Personally Hold Everyone In Huntingdon At Fault But I Can Remember No Mercy Shown When Huntingdon Played Us...Heck I Remember Them Pouring It On....Adding Insult To Injury So's To Speak...And Now We Have Turned Things Around And It's The Mustangs Hollerin Foul..."Ya'll Shouldn't Be Saying That About Us" Bull Crap. Well I Say "Winning Aint Fun If Ya Don't Win Big!" Pour It On Em Rebels, And Listen To Em Squeal! :roflolk: Ya Hoser's!

Could not agree more, I work in Humingdon still pretty quiet for about four years.

Pour it on

MRP

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not his grandfather, but good player and great kid.

I didn't know for sure. I work with a guy from Huntingdon and he said the thought that was the connection between the two. All I can say is that Ronny Warbritton wasn't very big but then, neither is a chainsaw!!!! He'd hit you from three different directions before you could turn around. It wasn't hard to get off his block.......it was hard to take a step before he hit you again!!!!! And I noticed in a program at a McKenzie/Huntingdon game 3-4 years back the Ronny was voted "Best Blocker" I believe in the '65 season.

When you play a few years there will be games and teams and players that stick out to you. I guess I remember more from Huntingdon but, Ronny and Tim Priest kinda stick out to me.

I'll give a realistic statement on this subject.

Unless its pouring down raining, Huntingdon will have a REAL shot at winning this game.

With 2 weeks to prepare, I cant see Huntingdon coming into this game without being prepared. I think I'll come witness it again this year. Probably a better view than I had last year at Mckenzie.

Last year, with all the rain. I didnt see the same offense that has been represented by Swenson in the earlier games in the season last year (or on years past). Its just so hard to run all the misdirection trickery in a rain/wind storm.

Like I said, if it isnt raining look for Huntingdon to have a shot.

Unless its pouring down raining, Huntingdon will have a REAL shot at winning this game.

With 2 weeks to prepare, I cant see Huntingdon coming into this game without being prepared. I think I'll come witness it again this year. Probably a better view than I had last year at Mckenzie.

Last year, with all the rain. I didnt see the same offense that has been represented by Swenson in the earlier games in the season last year (or on years past). Its just so hard to run all the misdirection trickery in a rain/wind storm.

Interesting.. I have seen huntingdon play in years past. Are they doing something different this year that mckenzie will have problems with? Seems to me that mckenzie will have to weeks to learn to stop counter,double hand off, off takle, full back dive, full back trap and a bootleg pass. I will agree that two weeks to prepare will help huntingdon but I also believe it helps mckenzie. Mckenzie seems to be playing good defense this year. Huntingdon has played one of the toughest schedules in class 1A. I really doubt any team in one A playoff divison would finish above .500 with their schedule. With that being said mckenzie is pretty good and scoring against them this year has been tough (based on scores). Maybe I could be wrong but I think Huntingdon will struggle to score against them.

Another question? I watched the mckenzie huntingdon game on tv last year. How in the world would rain hurt huntingdons chances in a game vs mckenzie who throws the ball, and could not do that very well in that game. Not because people were not open but they couldn't really throw it because the ball seemed to be so wet. I thought if anything the rain keep the score close. Huntingdons running backs were falling down not because they were slipping in the game I watched on TV. I saw alot of big hits and no where for the backs to run.

If you make me a believer that huntingdon has a shot I will defenitly come watch this game. I need some facts thou not I just think they will win. Give me a reason to believe. I like to check out the best games in the area from time to time. I have not figured out where I am going next week.

That's a resonable take on the game. Since you don't watch these teams on a regular basis I can see how that would be a factor to you. Actually, last year was the only time in recent years under Swenson, etc. that it has been raining. Still the Rebels were winning. For some time now McKenzie has gotten the reputation of being a passing team (like 50/50 run/pass and even more toward the pass when Drew Hayes was here!). This season it's somewhat different. This season we've been more like 70/30 run/pass.

The Rebels have faced argueably some of the best running attacks in northwest TN this year and stood the test pretty well. Our D is very quick to the ball without over persueing. The Rebels do a very decent job of slinging the rock around but, power run attack is what gets most of our opponents.

With all that said, I do agree with you that if Huntingdon has a shot it will be running the ball. The 'Stangs can hit some passes short out to 15+ yards or so some but, normally beyond that, it could end up being a pick 6 or at least a game changer. Camden has a VERY potent run game and it did beat us the first game. But, we controlled it well the second half. Quan Campbell had a pretty decent game against us but, couldn't get it done in the end (even though there were a couple of other Viking backs that did a good job that night). Jabriel Washington.....-13 against the Rebels. So the 'Stangs need to pull out the AA game.......but, true they have a shot, that's why we play 'em!!!

:thumb::hungry::popcorneater:

Edited by duckman38201

Interesting.. I have seen huntingdon play in years past. Are they doing something different this year that mckenzie will have problems with? Seems to me that mckenzie will have to weeks to learn to stop counter,double hand off, off takle, full back dive, full back trap and a bootleg pass. I will agree that two weeks to prepare will help huntingdon but I also believe it helps mckenzie. Mckenzie seems to be playing good defense this year. Huntingdon has played one of the toughest schedules in class 1A. I really doubt any team in one A playoff divison would finish above .500 with their schedule. With that being said mckenzie is pretty good and scoring against them this year has been tough (based on scores). Maybe I could be wrong but I think Huntingdon will struggle to score against them.

Another question? I watched the mckenzie huntingdon game on tv last year. How in the world would rain hurt huntingdons chances in a game vs mckenzie who throws the ball, and could not do that very well in that game. Not because people were not open but they couldn't really throw it because the ball seemed to be so wet. I thought if anything the rain keep the score close. Huntingdons running backs were falling down not because they were slipping in the game I watched on TV. I saw alot of big hits and no where for the backs to run.

If you make me a believer that huntingdon has a shot I will defenitly come watch this game. I need some facts thou not I just think they will win. Give me a reason to believe. I like to check out the best games in the area from time to time. I have not figured out where I am going next week.

Also a VERY real take on the game. Kind of the one I have been having. Wet fields usually tend to favor a running team but, that is what the Rebels bring to the table again this season (but, don't think we can't pass either) along with a Defense that refuses to take a back seat to last season's D as good as they were. Plus, the Rebels can really show out on a dry field!

Last year the problem for the 'Stangs was a very good Rebel D and Jake Johnson and a good Rebel O line for starters.

Edited by duckman38201

I just have to say this before this goes any further. Should have said it a long time ago. The last 4 seasons have been a total TEAM effort for the Rebels and this season has been no different. No really touted superstars.....just a dang good, solid TEAM. We talk about this one or that one but, it's all of them right down to the managers that make it happen for the Rebels. We got the best AA Playoff Team waterboy in west TN even!!!

IMO, the Rebels have (once again) the best coaches, players, asst. staff (mgrs, etc.) at our level in west TN for the last several seasons. I don't mean for this to have any direct reflection on the game with Huntingdon. But, I feel remiss toward my team and coaches and parents unless I make that clear to all. Proud of you Rebels!!!!

I didn't know for sure. I work with a guy from Huntingdon and he said the thought that was the connection between the two. All I can say is that Ronny Warbritton wasn't very big but then, neither is a chainsaw!!!! He'd hit you from three different directions before you could turn around. It wasn't hard to get off his block.......it was hard to take a step before he hit you again!!!!! And I noticed in a program at a McKenzie/Huntingdon game 3-4 years back the Ronny was voted "Best Blocker" I believe in the '65 season.

When you play a few years there will be games and teams and players that stick out to you. I guess I remember more from Huntingdon but, Ronny and Tim Priest kinda stick out to me.

[/quot

Warbritton's grandfather was named Ben. His uncle on his mom's side is former Huntingdon football coach Jimmy Pritchard, who played football in the late 60s for Huntingdon, as well.

You said that you have seen Huntingdon play in years past. Have you seen Coach Swensons offenses in the years past?

The game was close when it rained last year, yes. I think it would have been close last year if it had NOT rained. With no rain, Mckenzie might have scored more, but I know Huntingdon would not be held scoreless on a dry field. From what i have seen this year. Huntingdon will score on a dry field!

I do agree that the Mckenzie defense was stout, but it was really good looking against a misdirection team in the pouring down rain.

All we play are mis-direction teams with the exception of Bruceton and Westview. We see mis-direction every week and every week we seem to handle it pretty well. I am with Duckman, we will see no one any faster than Humboldt or Camden until the playoffs.

McKenzie handles Huntingdon in Paul Ward Stadium rain or no rain.

Everyone bring there stop watches and time how fast the scoreboard shuts down.