McKenzie vs. Huntingdon in two weeks!

duckman38201

Yes I have seen swensons offense. Did I miss a play that he runs alot? I thought I named pretty much every play he likes to run. I may have missed one. I think last years mckenzie game was close because of rain just from what I saw on t.v. but who knows. So why will huntingdon be so successful against mckenzie? I am not saying I wouldn't like to see Mckenzie lose. I have looked at huntingdons scores and they seem to give up more than a few points. Maybe the game will be close but I want someone from huntingdon to say we are gonna win because... I am not even sure you believe they will win. I have not seen Mckenzie play this year maybe they are down? Looking at scores they seem to be pretty good unless I am missing somthing. I really enjoy watching good high school football games and I even like to see an upset. But is this the game to watch this year? 8-1 vs 4-5? I know about how tough huntingdons schedule is... But winning games is winning games. Will this game be one that comes down to the last play? OR will huntingdon put it to mckenzie? Or will mckenzie win something like 20 to 6? Kinda how I see it. In week 10 I want to go watch a nail bitter with playoffs on the line or at least a big upset of some kind.

You are right, I have not seen many of these teams play this year or any years really. BUT, I have seen Huntingdon play this year and other years. I have also seen Swenson lead great offenses on the field. I love to come watch his creativity. There arent many offenses around the state or anywhere that run the offense scemes and formations he does.

I take back what I said about Huntingdon not having a shot in the rain. I think they could win this game rain or shine. The game last year was evenly matched. Huntingdon made some critical mistakes in that game that even teams around here like ALCOA couldnt overcome. I thought Huntingdon made some big hits on Mckenzie as well and played great defense. If you people do remember, the 1st touchdown was a high archer pass the luckily feel right in the hands of a Mckenzie receiver, a fieldgoal, and a really late td. I thought Huntingdon extremely good defense that game. But the rain slowed Holder and others, laong with some critcial turnovers. Like I said its easier to make big hits on Huntingdon when they run the ball 95% of the time. Its harder to make big hits on Mckenzie when they throw it alot.

From what I have seen this year with Huntingdon, they have got better each week. That makes me think that Huntingdon can win this game.

I think that the rain will cause any team trouble. Knoxville Catholic likes to run a similar running attack, so if you interviewed their coaches they will tell the exact same thing that rain will hurts their attack. People dont realize that rain the mudding conditions hurt cuts, blocks, speed. I understand that Mckenzie will hve to deal with the same thing, BUT Mckenzie doesnt run any misdirection and trickery (double handoffs) like Huntingdon. They didnt last year, now they may this year.

But, I stick with my statement, rain or shine, I think if mistakes are at a minimum then Huntingdon could very well win this game!

I am anxious to see what running approach Swenson takes for Mckenzie. After all, he has 2 weeks to develop it.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, I have not seen many of these teams play this year or any years really. BUT, I have seen Huntingdon play this year and other years. I have also seen Swenson lead great offenses on the field. I love to come watch his creativity. There arent many offenses around the state or anywhere that run the offense scemes and formations he does.

I take back what I said about Huntingdon not having a shot in the rain. I think they could win this game rain or shine. The game last year was evenly matched. Huntingdon made some critical mistakes in that game that even teams around here like ALCOA couldnt overcome. I thought Huntingdon made some big hits on Mckenzie as well and played great defense. If you people do remember, the 1st touchdown was a high archer pass the luckily feel right in the hands of a Mckenzie receiver, a fieldgoal, and a really late td. I thought Huntingdon extremely good defense that game. But the rain slowed Holder and others, laong with some critcial turnovers. Like I said its easier to make big hits on Huntingdon when they run the ball 95% of the time. Its harder to make big hits on Mckenzie when they throw it alot.

From what I have seen this year with Huntingdon, they have got better each week. That makes me think that Huntingdon can win this game.

I think that the rain will cause any team trouble. Knoxville Catholic likes to run a similar running attack, so if you interviewed their coaches they will tell the exact same thing that rain will hurts their attack. People dont realize that rain the mudding conditions hurt cuts, blocks, speed. I understand that Mckenzie will hve to deal with the same thing, BUT Mckenzie doesnt run any misdirection and trickery (double handoffs) like Huntingdon. They didnt last year, now they may this year.

But, I stick with my statement, rain or shine, I think if mistakes are at a minimum then Huntingdon could very well win this game!

I am anxious to see what running approach Swenson takes for Mckenzie. After all, he has 2 weeks to develop it.

Talk about Rose colored glasses

I can't wait to hear the response to this one.............. <_<

A lot of people out there think Huntingdon is a terrible team , going by their record of games won to lose. Heck, no single A team in the state would be better than that if they played Huntingdons brutal schedule. I have to commend them, that tough schedule could pay off in the playoffs. I bet Mckenzie would agree that playing Huntingdon somehow prepares them for the playoffs. Dont forgot this:

**Huntingdon in 1999- went 6-4. made it to the championship game

**Livingston Academy- went 5-5. won state championship over Libscomb

**Pearl Cohn ( with coach Fitzgerald)- went 5-5. won state championship

**Whites Creek in 1996- went 5-5. lost in championship game.

ALL had tough schedules!! ALL had great things happen in playoffs because of it!!

A lot of people out there think Huntingdon is a terrible team , going by their record of games won to lose. Heck, no single A team in the state would be better than that if they played Huntingdons brutal schedule. I have to commend them, that tough schedule could pay off in the playoffs. I bet Mckenzie would agree that playing Huntingdon somehow prepares them for the playoffs. Dont forgot this:

**Huntingdon in 1999- went 6-4. made it to the championship game

**Livingston Academy- went 5-5. won state championship over Libscomb

**Pearl Cohn ( with coach Fitzgerald)- went 5-5. won state championship

**Whites Creek in 1996- went 5-5. lost in championship game.

ALL had tough schedules!! ALL had great things happen in playoffs because of it!!

No doubt helps if you can dig ur way out of that 6th seed. And it should setup fairly well for Huntingdon and a few others in 1A. Reason being is you have about 1/2 dozen decent 1A teams and the rest are "cub scout" material.

No doubt helps if you can dig ur way out of that 6th seed. And it should setup fairly well for Huntingdon and a few others in 1A. Reason being is you have about 1/2 dozen decent 1A teams and the rest are "cub scout" material.

Lol Finally!!!! TrainTracks couldn't have said it better!!! Even though it's easier for SP to make it every year now I hate how mediocre 1A has become overall... Wish Mckenzie and a few others would come back down.... As bad as I hate privates u rarely even hear about DCA and some of the other private schools that used to be in 1A.... I'm sure it will even back out eventually.... Until then maybe we can steal a few more gold balls