Henry County Patriots at Dickon County Cougars

QBClubPrez

Doesn't look like any other 5A west TN team is getting into the playoffs so it looks like Quad 4 is our home, which sucks for a 9-1 team to be a 3 seed. TSSAA for ya. TSSAA is more worried about school location than getting the best scenarios set up for teams. Where you are in the state is more important than your record, that's dumb. We will just have to play better and harder in Quad 4 than we would have in Quad 3.

Dyer County? North Side?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I just speak my mind and the truth when I get on here. DC just doesn't have any athletes and their coaches aren't the best in the world. One example: 1st and goal with 1:08 left on the clock and DC spikes the ball and wastes a down with two timeouts left. With that much time you can run 6 plays eventhough they only had 4 to score. Wasted a down when that would have given them another shot at the end zone. 2nd example: One of Najee Ray's long runs up the middle was with no safety playing centerfield for DC. When a team is more athletic than you...you better always have a safety deep to prevent big plays and for DC they should have played with 2 safeties all night to prevent big plays because if not for Ray's long runs DC would have been in the game just a little eventhough their offense is anemic at best. Maybe DC will be better next year but I doubt it with their best player being a senior. HC will dominate this weak district again next year.

The better team won tonight. No denying this. However, DC is far from awful. Dickson has been very banged up and hasn't had an off week to this point. DC had 3 days to HC's week and a half to prepare for this game. As far as getting past the first round, DC managed that last year with a less talented team.

I agree that DC is not awful.HC's defense was just too good tonight--bigger, faster,and much better schemed.Bo Brown is a heck of a football player but didn't have much of an opportunity tonight to show it.Most, if not all, HC fans wish you well in the playoffs and will be cheering for tou from the west.Also, best of luck to Springfield,Clarksville,and Northeast(the latter two almost certainly will make it if they win out as they should.)

GO BIG RED

I agree that DC is not awful.HC's defense was just too good tonight--bigger, faster,and much better schemed.Bo Brown is a heck of a football player but didn't have much of an opportunity tonight to show it.Most, if not all, HC fans wish you well in the playoffs and will be cheering for tou from the west.Also, best of luck to Springfield,Clarksville,and Northeast(the latter two almost certainly will make it if they win out as they should.)

GO BIG RED

Same to you. What grade is the Allen kid in?

Edited by couga14

I am the guy that is "unrealistic" and "disrespectful" for simply telling the truth. I am the guy who said that "many would be surprised at the EASE with which HC would beat DC". Many of our own HC fans feel the need to apologize for my statements. That is ridiculous. Let me say this again...Our district is WEAK! Probably the weakest in the state. We are not a great team, but MUCH better than anything this district has to offer. Why do any of you feel the need to apologize for me, when I say what's all too obvious? That's why I say things like "most of you don't have any idea what you are talking about", and "I know because I coached" (I know you all love that one). DC had NO CHANCE to beat us unless we played AWFUL. We were a couple of turnovers away from 43-3, and I don't think we played very well. I agree that DC is not an awful team, but they are "fair" at best. Stop apologizing for me and start listening!

Wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I just speak my mind and the truth when I get on here. DC just doesn't have any athletes and their coaches aren't the best in the world. One example: 1st and goal with 1:08 left on the clock and DC spikes the ball and wastes a down with two timeouts left. With that much time you can run 6 plays eventhough they only had 4 to score. Wasted a down when that would have given them another shot at the end zone. 2nd example: One of Najee Ray's long runs up the middle was with no safety playing centerfield for DC. When a team is more athletic than you...you better always have a safety deep to prevent big plays and for DC they should have played with 2 safeties all night to prevent big plays because if not for Ray's long runs DC would have been in the game just a little eventhough their offense is anemic at best. Maybe DC will be better next year but I doubt it with their best player being a senior. HC will dominate this weak district again next year.

I agree with Couga14...DC is not awful...and CERTAINLY are very well coached!! The situation you are referring to was a situation after a big 1st down with 1:08 on the clock before the half...they only had ONE timeout remaining and it was wise for them to spike the ball to conserve time...given the fact that their situation "during the drive" drastically changed and they needed time to get the correct play in. Given the "ease" they had moved down the field on the "hurry up" offense...most..(including Patriot fans) figured DC was gonnna score..therefore..the DC Coaches used the "spike" to get the correct play in...it was excellent Patriot defense that kept the Cougars out of the endzone...not a "poor judgement" by the DC coaches....they are well coached and will probably win a first round game AS they did last year.

Give credit where credit is due...without "making up" some excuse why things turned out the way they did!