Henry County Patriots at Dickon County Cougars

QBClubPrez

Red Warrior...I guess DC will just not show up for the game on Thursday night and let HC scrimmage against their own second string offense and defense since they are probably better than DC's no talent, no speed, no athlete football team! Come on people, do you think DC just started playing football a couple of years ago? I think our tradition is just as strong if not stronger than the mighty Patriots of HC. How many state championship gold footballs are in your school's office? Look back over the last 30 years and see that DC and HC have played pretty even in the series and you can not look at just the last 2 or 3 years and come up with a prediction like some of you have. Football is a funny game, the team with the most athletes, biggest players or fastest running back does not always win and we should just hope this game is played by the players on the field with true sportsmanship like most of the games over the last 3 or more decades!GO COUGARS!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should the attendence look like for this game since it is on a thursaday?

Hope its a good showing for both schools.

For whatever reason..I've been told that the home crowds for Dickson are still not up to the "normal" Dickson standards..I can assure you that the traveling Cougars were less than impressive last week..although it seemed that the school provided a bus for the students to travel which is always a good sign! The game being on Thursday will not affect the traveling Patriots...it will be crowded on the "red side" of the stadium!

Edited by QBClubPrez

For whatever reason..I've been told that the home crowds for Dickson are still not up to the "normal" Dickson standards..I can assure you that the traveling Cougars were less than impressive last week..although it seemed that the school provided a bus for the students to travel which is always a good sign! The game being on Thursday will not affect the traveling Patriots...it will be crowded on the "red side" of the stadium!

I wouldnt be surpised if Henry Co. did have more fans there, I have gone to a lot of DC and HC games and the community for DC football has seemed to fade away. Kinda sad, especially with the hype of this game.

Red Warrior...I guess DC will just not show up for the game on Thursday night and let HC scrimmage against their own second string offense and defense since they are probably better than DC's no talent, no speed, no athlete football team! Come on people, do you think DC just started playing football a couple of years ago? I think our tradition is just as strong if not stronger than the mighty Patriots of HC. How many state championship gold footballs are in your school's office? Look back over the last 30 years and see that DC and HC have played pretty even in the series and you can not look at just the last 2 or 3 years and come up with a prediction like some of you have. Football is a funny game, the team with the most athletes, biggest players or fastest running back does not always win and we should just hope this game is played by the players on the field with true sportsmanship like most of the games over the last 3 or more decades!GO COUGARS!!!

I never even implied that DC shouldn't show up. What I will repeat that I believe to be a FACT...HC has better players than DC. DC will be outmanned in the speed and quickness department. I also think that the last few blowout wins by HC over DC will play on the minds of the DC players. It's bound to. All of that said, I coached long enough to know that in a rival game such as this, anything can happen to disrupt what SHOULD happen. Football coaching is overrated (and I was a coach)...players win games and sometimes the strategy of coaches helps to win OR lose games. Generally however, the team with the best players win games (especially if one team is blessed with greater speed and talent than the other). DC is not the physical/power team it was in its heyday...HC wins this one.

Edited by Red Warrior

This is off the subject But who won last nights game between DC and HC?

GO PATS !!!!!!!!

This is off the subject But who won last nights game between DC and HC?

GO PATS !!!!!!!!

HC girls soccer team beat DC 4-1

HC Frosh gridders beat Milan Frosh 24-22.Great game. Lots of talent on this team;future prospects look very promising.Milan,too, had some nice talent;their running back Belew is the real deal.Watch for that name in the future as the Milan dynasty continues.

GO BIG RED

I wouldnt be surpised if Henry Co. did have more fans there, I have gone to a lot of DC and HC games and the community for DC football has seemed to fade away. Kinda sad, especially with the hype of this game.

First off GO DC! I would say that several fans that would go to DC games now attend Creek Wood. Attendance has been awesome for the in county game between DC and CW. I would look for a huge crowd with lots of Red Hawk fans there in support of the Cougars. Classic battle between two powers, just hop in for a great game!

Edited by coachrop

HC girls soccer team beat DC 4-1

HC Frosh gridders beat Milan Frosh 24-22.Great game. Lots of talent on this team;future prospects look very promising.Milan,too, had some nice talent;their running back Belew is the real deal.Watch for that name in the future as the Milan dynasty continues.

GO BIG RED

Just read it in PI

Looks like Pats are playing Thursday for a TTT day..... Two Title Thursday

GO PATS !!!!!!!!

I think this is gonna be an old fashioned slobber knocker. You can say that DC isnt the physical powerhouse that it was once in its "heyday" but when those boys strap them boots up and slap them DC's on the side of their head they believe they are and they will do whatever they have to so the other team knows it. In reference to the attendance it wouldn't surprise me to see this place at standing room only. The whole county knows whats at stake for this one whether your a redhawk fan now or still true to the roots and represent DC i think the county makes a good showing for this one. This has all the makings for a game of the year type game. Its for the district...its for the barrell...the only game that could get you more pumped would be one for a golden football and a ring. Should be a great game ima take DC in OVERTIME!!!! Goodluck to both teams stay safe stay healthy goodluck in the playoffs. Lets bring two golden balls back to the district.

DC-27

HC-20

I think this is gonna be an old fashioned slobber knocker. You can say that DC isnt the physical powerhouse that it was once in its "heyday" but when those boys strap them boots up and slap them DC's on the side of their head they believe they are and they will do whatever they have to so the other team knows it. In reference to the attendance it wouldn't surprise me to see this place at standing room only. The whole county knows whats at stake for this one whether your a redhawk fan now or still true to the roots and represent DC i think the county makes a good showing for this one. This has all the makings for a game of the year type game. Its for the district...its for the barrell...the only game that could get you more pumped would be one for a golden football and a ring. Should be a great game ima take DC in OVERTIME!!!! Goodluck to both teams stay safe stay healthy goodluck in the playoffs. Lets bring two golden balls back to the district.

DC-27

HC-20

We have now found the reason for Dickson's reported lack of speed, improper footwear. Of course a rainy forecast would make the Dickson coaches look like geniuses. I suppose that's the chance you take.