HV @ HAMPTON

BDF36

You don't know Cloudland like I do. If Hampton was playing for the state title against a team they knew nothing about,many of them would be pulling for the other team. Its called envy. Its sort of funny,alot of Hampton people like Cloudland and wants them to do well. I have ties to both,so I have no problem wanting to see both do well. As far as that goes,I'd support any of our local teams.

Hummmm, did not know Cloudland had such issues....unless it would help in conference standings, id probably always pull for another small school in the same conference...but to be honest, I dont care who they come and pull for!!!

Edited by uknoit2

I pull for all local teams except JC & HV unless theyre in the playoffs or if any of the teams are playing the DAWGS. I remember when CLOUDLAND went to state, our whole football team went down to support them and the whole school stood beside the road with signs for them on there way down. I just dont think the support would come the same from CLOUDLAND but I may be wrong.....

I pull for all local teams except JC & HV unless theyre in the playoffs or if any of the teams are playing the DAWGS. I remember when CLOUDLAND went to state, our whole football team went down to support them and the whole school stood beside the road with signs for them on there way down. I just dont think the support would come the same from CLOUDLAND but I may be wrong.....

Its sort of like one of you're best friends stealing you're wife. When Mike was there they were on a roll and whipping pretty much everyone,they were beating Hampton twice a year, after he left,they've not been so successful and they've lost to Hampton several times in a row. Alot of these people still like Mike, but they can't stand seeing him being successful at one of their natural rivals. If he were over in NC or somewhere away from here,they'd pull for him hard. Its hard to like you're wife or you're best friend. This stuff runs DEEP.

I have seen both teams and both do some things well that the other one dosen't. However the bulldogs have Sir Mike on their sideline and he is in my mind the best at getting the most out of his players in a given week.If both teams play their best hampton goes to 9-0. If either plays sloppy, the other is good enough to to take the W.

Edited by howsthatnow

Its sort of like one of you're best friends stealing you're wife. When Mike was there they were on a roll and whipping pretty much everyone,they were beating Hampton twice a year, after he left,they've not been so successful and they've lost to Hampton several times in a row. Alot of these people still like Mike, but they can't stand seeing him being successful at one of their natural rivals. If he were over in NC or somewhere away from here,they'd pull for him hard. Its hard to like you're wife or you're best friend. This stuff runs DEEP.

LOLOLOLOL....that's one heck of an analogy! Never struck me that way before.

I have seen both teams and both do some thing well that the other one dosen't. However the bulldogs have Sir Mike on their sideline and he is in my mind the best at getting the most out of his players in a given week.If both teams play theit best hampton goes to 9-o. If either plays sloppy, the other is good enough to to take the W.

Sir Mike will challenge the players in practice this week, I know he was dissapointed in the overall effort. If they take the challenge in a positiuve way ,they will be a better football team Friday night. Its ultimately about the kids and what they choose to do. Happy Valley will come out and try to run it down their throats, the most physical squad for 4 quarters will win. When you get in a fight at you're own house, you have no place to run ,you better fight back.

You don't know Cloudland like I do. If Hampton was playing for the state title against a team they knew nothing about,many of them would be pulling for the other team. Its called envy. Its sort of funny,alot of Hampton people like Cloudland and wants them to do well. I have ties to both,so I have no problem wanting to see both do well. As far as that goes,I'd support any of our local teams.

I agree that there are some, but I think most will pull for Hampton. Some of my best friends came from that heated rivalry. I hope them well and root for them except when they play us. I do believe that this one will be tough. Excited to get to see it.