Sequatchie Co. @ Meigs Co.

tennvol21

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wont be that close. This will be the best team Meigs has faced till next week vs Polk. Seq may have 28 at the half. Meigs will score on back ups.

Seq-42

Meigs-12

Sorry! didnt realize Sequatchie was that good! :shock: havent kept up with them this year. I hope its a better game than that though. good luck to both teams!

Sequatchie 41 to 7, the 7 for Meigs came late in the fourth quarter with their starters against our JV. I see how their running back has gained over a 1000 yds. I will leave the box score up to Indian. Good win Indians, win next week and finish the regular season strong. We are so close to having three RBS with 1000 yds two of them are there and the other one don't like much, how many teams can say that.

Edited by bratt22

Good showing for the Indians Mercy ruling 3rd straight opponent. A good thing tonight was the passing game was on point, very smooth. Bledsoe and Grundy both lossed tonight so things are falling our way. Good win now on to next week.

I knew Bledsoe would most likely lose, but Grundy lose suprised me. They have lost to Marion and Grace.

Impressive game by Sequatchie. Indians scored a TD on six of their first seven possessions, the only one they didn't they got to the Meigs 5 as the second quarter ended. They really weren't pushing the issue already ahead 35-0 or they probably at least would have tried a short field goal.

Meigs had trouble fielding the kickoff twice including the opening one and Sequatchie's Lewis scored on a run from near midfield the second play from scrimmage.

Meigs showed some offense driving down as far as the Sequatchie 12, mostly on the ground. Savage is a good back and I agree, it's no surprise he has some good numbers. One of the biggest plays of the game, Grant stripped a running back at the 10 and Mitch Campbell recovered. It would have been 3rd and 8 right there so it wasn't guaranteed Meigs would have went in to score.

Sequatchie had big runs by Lewis and Stewart, combined with a late hit on Meigs, a pass to Fain from Cooley and a 90 yard drive ended with a short TD run by Grant, who started things back at the Sequatchie 10.

Meigs again moved the ball, late in the first, got it to the Sequatchie 22 but was stopped on fourth. Three runs were followed by a long pass from Cooley to Smith, 61 yards. 21-0 with another Martinez kick.

Meigs returned the next kickoff to the Sequatchie 35 but was again stopped on fourth down. Stewart and Fain picked up most of the yardage in this drive and Stewart scored from the Meigs 21, 28-0 on the kick at 5:10 in the second.

Sequatchie then recovered the kickoff at the Meigs 31 and Stewart got another rushing TD a few plays later, 35-0 with four minutes left in the half. Meigs got near midfield before punting and Smith returned the punt some 50 yards to the Meigs 36 with about 1:30 left. Fain and Stewart got it inside the 10 but a hurry-up for more points wasn't really necessary and the coaches weren't going to run it up.

The clock ran quickly in the second half. Starters had one possesion for Sequatchie and took off 8 minutes, with a 3 yard touchdown for Stewart. In the fourth Meigs and Sequatchie's younger players swapped fumbles and Sequatchie then punted for the only time of the game. Meigs went 40 yards late, scoring on a pass with Aikman from the 22.

Sequatchie had 300+ yards in the first half, ended with 305 on the ground, 82 in the air. Stewart had 150 yards on 16 carries, 3 TDs, Lewis 90 yards on 7 carries, Fain 60 yards on 9 carries and went over 1000 for the season, I can't remember the last time two backs had 1000+ and three have a chance.

Impressive game by Sequatchie. Indians scored a TD on six of their first seven possessions, the only one they didn't they got to the Meigs 5 as the second quarter ended. They really weren't pushing the issue already ahead 35-0 or they probably at least would have tried a short field goal.

Meigs had trouble fielding the kickoff twice including the opening one and Sequatchie's Lewis scored on a run from near midfield the second play from scrimmage.

Meigs showed some offense driving down as far as the Sequatchie 12, mostly on the ground. Savage is a good back and I agree, it's no surprise he has some good numbers. One of the biggest plays of the game, Grant stripped a running back at the 10 and Mitch Campbell recovered. It would have been 3rd and 8 right there so it wasn't guaranteed Meigs would have went in to score.

Sequatchie had big runs by Lewis and Stewart, combined with a late hit on Meigs, a pass to Fain from Cooley and a 90 yard drive ended with a short TD run by Grant, who started things back at the Sequatchie 10.

Meigs again moved the ball, late in the first, got it to the Sequatchie 22 but was stopped on fourth. Three runs were followed by a long pass from Cooley to Smith, 61 yards. 21-0 with another Martinez kick.

Meigs returned the next kickoff to the Sequatchie 35 but was again stopped on fourth down. Stewart and Fain picked up most of the yardage in this drive and Stewart scored from the Meigs 21, 28-0 on the kick at 5:10 in the second.

Sequatchie then recovered the kickoff at the Meigs 31 and Stewart got another rushing TD a few plays later, 35-0 with four minutes left in the half. Meigs got near midfield before punting and Smith returned the punt some 50 yards to the Meigs 36 with about 1:30 left. Fain and Stewart got it inside the 10 but a hurry-up for more points wasn't really necessary and the coaches weren't going to run it up.

The clock ran quickly in the second half. Starters had one possesion for Sequatchie and took off 8 minutes, with a 3 yard touchdown for Stewart. In the fourth Meigs and Sequatchie's younger players swapped fumbles and Sequatchie then punted for the only time of the game. Meigs went 40 yards late, scoring on a pass with Aikman from the 22.

Sequatchie had 300+ yards in the first half, ended with 305 on the ground, 82 in the air. Stewart had 150 yards on 16 carries, 3 TDs, Lewis 90 yards on 7 carries, Fain 60 yards on 9 carries and went over 1000 for the season, I can't remember the last time two backs had 1000+ and three have a chance.

We kept getting the ball with very good field position, or we would have a lot more yds. Still a good win and glad to see us come out clicking on all cylinders.

The Grace-Grundy result should be a reminder to the players they can't afford to overlook anybody. I've been impressed how they've come out focused the last 3 weeks against heavy underdogs.

I certainly hope they don't overlook McMinn Central after what they did to us last year. I would like to see them score 50 on them.

These kids are commited to each other and believe in themselves. I believe they're motivated to break a school record with 3 Rbs with 1000 yds and the O line has equally been up to the challenge.

I certainly hope they don't overlook McMinn Central after what they did to us last year. I would like to see them score 50 on them.

These kids are commited to each other and believe in themselves. I believe they're motivated to break a school record with 3 Rbs with 1000 yds and the O line has equally been up to the challenge.

Sequatchie will score as much as they want on McMinn Central.