David Crockett vs Sullivan South

crawdad

Hey jhilts when a parent spends 10 long hard years getting his player ready for Friday night and all of a sudden it looks like it may not be a good fit where he is and you see a heart broken( that can be for many reasons talent depth coach and so on) You look at many options. Some kids choose playing time over friends some don't . The main thing is for him to have a great time. Not every one gets lucky and lives where they fit best. Batman talks football where we work like most and is up front and honest not just a DB man. I on the other hand am Raider to my toenails but love all the boys I have coached through the years and pull for them ALL :D

This is not a reply to your note alone, but to all the comments regarding playing time, being looked over, not getting a fair chance, etc.etc. If you (or anyone else) has ever coached a football team or any other sport higher than a rec.league, you have had to make the tough decisions as to who starts, who plays, who's the QB, who's the RB, etc. You made those decisions based on many factors, some being: hustle in practice, performance during practice, dedication, heart, school, attendance, leadership, crimes committed to society (ha, just kidding--this is not UT). Sometimes this is not necessarily the fastest player, not the biggest player. When the competition for position is close, you reward the one that has earned it most. If you do your job, you find a way to win and still teach the life lessons that you are obligated to teach. After all, there's not as many life lessons being taught at home these days----that's the shame of it. WE dont' have time anymore----we pay taxes--let's let the teachers and the coaches do the dirty work. And--Don't attack me for the truth--I could have done a better job, as well.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a reply to your note alone, but to all the comments regarding playing time, being looked over, not getting a fair chance, etc.etc. If you (or anyone else) has ever coached a football team or any other sport higher than a rec.league, you have had to make the tough decisions as to who starts, who plays, who's the QB, who's the RB, etc. You made those decisions based on many factors, some being: hustle in practice, performance during practice, dedication, heart, school, attendance, leadership, crimes committed to society (ha, just kidding--this is not UT). Sometimes this is not necessarily the fastest player, not the biggest player. When the competition for position is close, you reward the one that has earned it most. If you do your job, you find a way to win and still teach the life lessons that you are obligated to teach. After all, there's not as many life lessons being taught at home these days----that's the shame of it. WE dont' have time anymore----we pay taxes--let's let the teachers and the coaches do the dirty work. And--Don't attack me for the truth--I could have done a better job, as well.

I'm going to assume you are joking.... But in case you're not you might want to spend less time on a message board and a little more time with your kid.

I'm going to assume you are joking.... But in case you're not you might want to spend less time on a message board and a little more time with your kid.

Dang, Holy BatmanDB, ossswipe,--- I mean Tosssweep. ARe you kidding me??? Didn't you see my "After all, there's not as many life lessons being taught at home these days----that's the shame of it."???? I wasn't joking, I assure you. I just thought everyone would know what I meant and not take me literally.

Ahhhhhhhh, Let's hug. I agree to an extent, but football, in all honesty, is a lesson in life----- The best sport that's ever, ever been invented----and it was always meant to be serious. I don't ever recall a commercial or documentary showing a football player dressed in a skirt, with foo-foo water on all smelling good, showing Sam Huff (Linebacker) inviting Jim Taylor (Fullback) over to his side of the ball for ice tea and cake. :x:evil::P

I agree Mutt, it is a serious game. Each player should "seriously" work his/her tail off to help the team. Sometimes this doesn't mean theye'll be the star or even play. But, try to enjoy the moments they have and being a part of something bigger then "them".

Parents ruin the sport...for the kids, the coaches, and other parents/fans. Let's move little Johnny...they don't appreciate your greatness. Oh, and by the way Coach, we care more about little Johnny and could care less about the "team". The parents seem to forget little Johnny isn't going pro and probably ain't near as good as we think. In hindsight, I feel we can support/teach our kids greater lessons from sports other the selfishness.

Dang, Holy BatmanDB, ossswipe,--- I mean Tosssweep. ARe you kidding me??? Didn't you see my "After all, there's not as many life lessons being taught at home these days----that's the shame of it."???? I wasn't joking, I assure you. I just thought everyone would know what I meant and not take me literally.

There you go thinking again. I've seen alot of your posts and most are pretty stupid so I couldn't be sure. :thumb:

I agree Mutt, it is a serious game. Each player should "seriously" work his/her tail off to help the team. Sometimes this doesn't mean theye'll be the star or even play. But, try to enjoy the moments they have and being a part of something bigger then "them".

Parents ruin the sport...for the kids, the coaches, and other parents/fans. Let's move little Johnny...they don't appreciate your greatness. Oh, and by the way Coach, we care more about little Johnny and could care less about the "team". The parents seem to forget little Johnny isn't going pro and probably ain't near as good as we think. In hindsight, I feel we can support/teach our kids greater lessons from sports other the selfishness.

You got it.