Northeast Tennessee Preseason Rankings.

catfishchuck2011

With both boys and girls basketball right around the corner I think it's about time for some preseason rankings. Just to clarify my picks are without a doubt how most teams finished up last season and what most teams have returning.

1.Morristown West

2.Cocke County

3.Greeneville

4.Dobyns Bennett

5.Science Hill

6.Elizabethton

7.South Greene

8.Tennessee High

9.Hampton

10.Unicoi

11.North Greene

12.Chuckey Doak

13.Cosby

14.Daniel Boone

15.Sullivan South

16.Hancock County

17.Cloudland

18.Morristown East

19.Sullivan Central

20.Happy Valley

Please feel free to post your opinions,of course that is what this board is for :thumb:

Edited by catfishchuck2011

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With both boys and girls basketball right around the corner I think it's about time for some preseason rankings. Just to clarify my picks are without a doubt how most teams finished up last season and what most teams have returning.

1.Morristown West

2.Cocke County

3.Greeneville

4.Dobyns Bennett

5.Science Hill

6.Elizabethton

7.South Greene

8.Tennessee High

9.Hampton

10.Unicoi

11.North Greene

12.Chuckey Doak

13.Cosby

14.Daniel Boone

15.Sullivan South

16.Hancock County

17.Cloudland

18.Morristown East

19.Sullivan Central

20.Happy Valley

Please feel free to post your opinions,of course that is what this board is for :thumb:

Welcome catfishchuck! Read this post and really don't understand your post. I understand the North East TN area, but you've mixed up a whole list of District 1 & 2 teams, and AAA and AA teams. Also, did not include all of District 2 now.

Betsy will be strong this year! Heard some "we cans" and not a lot of "we wills" in the gym this summer. Already a thread going about District 1 AAA teams. Think District 1 AAA will be a dog fight to the end. I think that District 2 AAA will be interesting this year. I think that Jefferson County will be in the top four this year. Some of the other District 2 AAA teams lost several key players to graduation. Will be interesting to see how they regroup. As far as AA, South Greene and Greeneville will always be in the mix. Also just a gut feeling that Chuckey Doak will be hungry this year after losing a few key games last year by just a few points. IMO this will be the year of teamwork championships.

Thank you for correcting me "mom".The teams you mentioned such as Elizabethton,Chuckey Doak and ETC: is on there. I was in quite a hurry and failed to mention Jeff County. After watching them play last year I believe they have a great chance of being an even more talented team this year.

That is why it is called "pre-season" rankings. I know what Science Hill has coming back as for about everyone else. All top 10 teams are loaded.

I know Morristown West lost 3 or 4 seniors but their program just reloads with talent.

Greeneville will be pretty tough,Tennessee High brings intensity every night on the defensive end of the floor to go along with a very good player in Blakely Burleson(Tusculum College)I think they are going to have to shoot the ball really well this year though to make a run not only in the big 9 but against better competition.

Cocke County was very impressive last year.They had very good size post play down low was very impressive and they get up and down the floor in transition really well.

Elizabethton has a D1 signee Kara Bowling(ETSU) with very good guard play coming back not to mention since Len Dugger took over Elizabethtons program he has probably totaled over 3 back to back to back 20 or more win seasons.

Hampton will probably be ranked in the top 10 in your girls pre-season Single A polls if not in the top 5 and has one of Northeast Tennessee's top players in Chelsie Weddle back to go along with a good Sophmore player in Dorthy Dugger.

Unicoi has everyone back who has played mostly since they were freshman if not started.Very big athletic good ball handlers and shoots the ball from the outside really well. Still kind of sceptical about the new coaching change but deffinitely should win 20 or more games.

South Greene returns a great heap of talent. Dye is back I know of to go along with D1 signee's Shelby Hick(USC Upstate)and Ansley Ricker.(Mars Hill)South Greene kind of reminds you of the fab five Steve Fisher used to have in the early 90's. They talk trash,you will see about 2 or 3 technicals before the nights over with and they will absolutely defend you physically for 4 quarters straight.Not only can they play but they are very tough plain and simple.

In the big 9 you have Sullivan South who was very big last year has D1 signee Mackenzie Campbell (Western Carolina) Dobyns Bennet was very good last year they will battle for first or second in the big 9 with Science Hill and Tennessee High.

Another team I would watch out for on the radar I overlooked that will be competitve this year is Cherokee they return Casey Ryans back (Moorhead State)

All in all Northeast Tennessee is loaded with talent this year I could see 3 or 4 teams out of the top 10 making it to the Boro if not having a good chance of winning a state title.