Preseason Top Ten AA Teams

yuckamuck

My AA Top 5:

1) Marshall Co. - My pick for AA state champs. Kedren is a whole lot better than I thought he was. If he can get just a little bit of help, I think they win it.

2) Bolivar - Jay and Ricky are 2 tough sets of shoes to fill. Rudesill will bring out the best in this years team when it matters the most.

3) Knox Carter - Lester Wilson is back for his Senior season and could very well challenge Marshall Co. for a state championship. This team could/should be very good.

4) Maplewood - Their District and Region is relatively weak with their only real challenge being CPA. There's no reason why Maplewood should not be back in the 'boro this year.

5) Liberty Tech - I want to put them up there with Bolivar, but a new coach (who has never coached but was a very good player) will determine whether Liberty keeps the winning tradition going. They return a good guard in Kendal Anthony and an athletic post player in Bobo.

Good list.

Manassas will be the best 2A team in Memphis this year. I will not give you a scouting report on Manassas. I will say that Manassas has a 6'4" Jr. shooting guard named Donta Sears that will shock the city this year!!!

1. Sheffield lost everything

2. BTW Lost everything but Newby

3. Hillcrest has maybe the best PG in the city but everything else is average.

4. Trezevant lost everything but has that Dirty head coach returning with 1 starter.

Manassas will be the best 2A team in Memphis this year. I will not give you a scouting report on Manassas. I will say that Manassas has a 6'4" Jr. shooting guard named Donta Sears that will shock the city this year!!!

1. Sheffield lost everything

2. BTW Lost everything but Newby

3. Hillcrest has maybe the best PG in the city but everything else is average.

4. Trezevant lost everything but has that Dirty head coach returning with 1 starter.

BTW is still loaded. They have majority of their team returning from last year. They have Newby, both big men 6'4 & 6'6, and all the reserves are back from last year.

It's just good discussion. Here are my top ten. Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong:

1. Bolivar

2. Liberty Tech

3. Marshall County

4. CPA

5. Fulton

6. Some other Memphis team

7. Livingston Academy

8. Sullivan East

9. Red Bank, Tyner, or Howard

10. Stone Memorial

White house beat marshall county this summer and the "#1 player in tennessee" guy that plays for them had 8 fouls. So if they wouldve let players foul out, that game wouldnt of been close. I think CPA should be ahead of marshall county

White house beat marshall county this summer and the "#1 player in tennessee" guy that plays for them had 8 fouls. So if they wouldve let players foul out, that game wouldnt of been close. I think CPA should be ahead of marshall county

Kedren Johnson is not the #1 player in Tennessee to correct you on that part. Adonis Thomas(Melrose) is easily alot better than Kedren and has achieved more milestones than Kedren.

• Upvote 1

Well thats why i put it in quotes, cause that's what i heard but wasnt for sure.

Yea, I understand. Just wanted to clarify it for everyone else, lol. Adonis is one of the top players in the country and could go and play college ball for whomever he wanted. If you haven't seen him and you get a chance to do so, don't miss out!

Yea, I understand. Just wanted to clarify it for everyone else, lol. Adonis is one of the top players in the country and could go and play college ball for whomever he wanted. If you haven't seen him and you get a chance to do so, don't miss out!

Ha hopefully they make it to the state tournament. I'd like to see this him play.

Ha hopefully they make it to the state tournament. I'd like to see this him play.

Well the defending champions are loaded with the talent to repeat in AAA. If not you can watch him playing in the McDonald's All-American game or next year on ESPN lol...With that said Kedren Johnson is a stud...

He doesn't do anything too flashy although he will posterize someone if it comes down to it. He just plays the game as it's supposed to be played. He keeps his composure and knows how to win. He played on the 17U and 18U USA Olympics team if that tells you anything.

Taking nothing away from Kedren, I was extremely surprised at how good he really was last year when I saw him at state. Him and John Jenkins would make for a great duo at Vandy.

While I'm talking about big time studs from around here. I figured I'd throw out where I read that Casey Prather from Jackson NS will be starting for the Florida Gators this year. Pretty impressive to go into big time SEC and have a starting role right away. Does he have NBA capability?