Best player in 1A?

jusboro

I want to throw mercers name in here also idk his stats I think he is more athletic than Tucker but I'd hive two mr football trophies for backer in 1a with tucker and rice m. You cant take anything away from these 2 kids

Good call.....if you were at that game last Friday, how can you pick between those two?? Rice and Tucker both deserve it----hope there's a tie vote (not sure if that's possible).

Lineman : Micheal Yates, LB Jo Byrns, 95 tackles 5 forced fumbles, this young man plays fast and strong, all out every play, every down, and will flat take you out. This you g man has great character on and off the field, carries a 4.0 in the classroom and a work ethic in the off season that was unbelievable, very strong, and a student of the game ! Film study fanatic ! He gets my vote !

Good call.....if you were at that game last Friday, how can you pick between those two?? Rice and Tucker both deserve it----hope there's a tie vote (not sure if that's possible).

The only difference I see is rice knows what he wants to do with the ball Tucker in the second half got biltz more often then the first and looked some what confused if he wanted to run with it or throw it but rice is a senior and Tucker is a junior I would think Tucker would win I easily next year

Tucker and Mercer from PC are both unbelievable players, but Rice deserves it this year. He has fantastic stats and has been sidelined for the second half of at least four games this year due to the Wildcats crushing ppl like they have. If you counted up the quarters he has not played the last two years due to the 'Cats winning by so much, I think you would find his statistics could be even more unreal than they already are...jus sayin...

I nominate Cody Woodmore and Chaz Smith from GORDONSVILLE.

Cody is a 3 year starter on Offense and Defense. Every year he has rushed for over 1000 yds even his soph yr in which Gordonsville was 3-7. That was an accomplishment. He is ranked #9 in rushing in the mid-state among all classifications. Right now he has 1141 yards averaging 7.3 yards a carry with 20 TD's. On defense, he has 24 tackles and 4 receptions. He has several INT's as well. Cody has outstanding character, is a captain of the team and is one of the strongest in the weightroom. He benches well over 350 lbs. Cody was an All-region selection last yr and has won the 104.1 the Ranch Player of the week too many times to count. He was pre-seaspon all state.

Chaz Smith is a dual threat QB with 791 rushing averaging 10.7 yds a carry. he has scored 9 TD's . He also has 720 yds in passing. Three games he has rushed for over 100 yds this season. Chaz is a 2 yr starter at QB, and also starts on defense. Chaz is the spirtual leader of the team. He can make something out of nothing. He was picked pre-season All-State too, and has won the 104.1 Ranch player of the week multiple times. He was All_region last yr.

Keep in mind that Gordonsville has mercy-ruled 4 opponemts this yr, and the starters were pulled out right away, so their stats would be much higher had our coach kept them in. I know these players are worthy of a nomination and appreciate your consideration, CoachT.

Woodmore has way more than 24 tackles, I would say around 60-70, with 4-5 ints, and like you said both kids get pulled a lot in the first half, due to the score

Kicker: Trevor Brunsvold - MTCS

He was mentioned on Page 1. Handles Kick-Offs (numerous touchbacks this year); Field Goals and Punts. The WGNS guys (radio station in Murfreesboro) will tell you they saw him booming 50yd FGs at Huntland. He was named to the All-State Team last year. Probably will be again this year. His average this year is 45+. Several have simply turned field position for the Cougars.

Outstanding young man, plays offense as WR and defense as LB as well. Really excels as a kicker.

a few stats for you on mr whitemire these are straight off the times free press

completions-67

attempts-106

yards-1675

TDs-20

INTs-1

Rating-256.3

he also has a couple of rushing touchdowns and is the commander in chief of one of if not the highest scoring offense in the state

oh yeah forgot to mention that he usually only plays about the first half of all our games due to the fact that the score is out of hand by then

Edited by eaglepride55

Hogan Whitmire from Signal Mountain should get this..Sorry Raquis..I just think who is the best player in 1a or 2a...If Raquis is off SP team SP has 2-3 other running backs I feel could take the spot and not miss too much..if Hogan went down for Signal..they are done! He proved to me he was the best..the boy deserves it