Region 3 and 4 A\AA and Region 3 AAA Schedules

ChattanoogaCannon

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does everyone think McMinn Central will do gainst the loser of the livingston/ND game? Just watched them thrash boyd buchanan pretty soundly in the region finals.

You are playing Livingston, and it will depend on how MC reacts to a low pressure attack. Assuming Livingston plays the same strategy they played against CCS and ND, MC will need to neutralize a striker and have the patience to deal with 10 players behind the ball. LA will try to play a long ball behind your midfielders, hoping to catch a 1 on 2 situation with their striker. Their striker has no support, so if MC can apply enough pressure to make her give up the ball, things will work out well. LA had 2 shots on goal against CCS and no shots on goal against ND, and maybe 3 total shots. They had 6 shots against CCS. I will be interested to see the stats for the ND game to see the total shots on goal for ND. I will guess 19.

Good luck on Saturday and keep us updated.

Edited by ChattanoogaCannon

How does everyone think McMinn Central will do gainst the loser of the livingston/ND game? Just watched them thrash boyd buchanan pretty soundly in the region finals.

Notre Dame beat Livingston Academy 1-0 at LA tonight (Our main forward, Kathryn Healy was injured(fouled?- I didn't actually see it)in the first minute of the game and never returned to the game...Very much a Notre Dame controlled game even without her, as LA's strategy is to simply play 10 back, place a forward up top (usually Kat Nigro) and attempt to always clear the ball up to her and hope she can break away and score (with very little support),...same strategy that apparently worked against CCS last night...Cannon or others may be able to provide shot counts, but I believe our keeper touched the ball maybe once the entire second half, with no true shots on goal all game, compared to the barrage of shots taken by Notre Dame (but it can be difficult to try and blast a shot through that many defenders..Notre Dame's goal came off a series after a corner kick and was a shot by Gaby Gurrola from outside the 18...Simple strategy for McMinn would be to contain Kat, and keep shooting....

Notre Dame plays Boyd at Notre Dame Saturday now...

D

(Obviously, I don't type as fast as Cannon...)

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Notre Dame beat Livingston Academy 1-0 at LA tonight (Our main forward, Kathryn Healy was injured(fouled?- I didn't actually see it)in the first minute of the game and never returned to the game...Very much a Notre Dame controlled game even without her, as LA's strategy is to simply play 10 back, place a forward up top (usually Kat Nigro) and attempt to always clear the ball up to her and hope she can break away and score (with very little support),...same strategy that apparently worked against CCS last night...Cannon or others may be able to provide shot counts, but I believe our keeper touched the ball maybe once the entire second half, with no true shots on goal all game, compared to the barrage of shots taken by Notre Dame (but it can be difficult to try and blast a shot through that many defenders..Notre Dame's goal came off a series after a corner kick and was a shot by Gaby Gurrola from outside the 18...Simple strategy for McMinn would be to contain Kat, and keep shooting....

Notre Dame plays Boyd at Notre Dame Saturday now...

D

(Obviously, I don't type as fast as Cannon...)

There is not much you do as fast as me.

I will be interested to hear Kat's dad's (I mean, manoamano's) take on the game. I was surprised the Livingston coach applied a Bob Stoops strategy and seemed to be only interested in keeping it close after ND scored. I figured he would at least bring an attacking mid into the picture at that point to try and equalize.

There is not much you do as fast as me.

I will be interested to hear Kat's dad's (I mean, manoamano's) take on the game. I was surprised the Livingston coach applied a Bob Stoops strategy and seemed to be only interested in keeping it close after ND scored. I figured he would at least bring an attacking mid into the picture at that point to try and equalize.

Thank you for the compliment, but I am not related to Kat or her family.When talent is found,you track, you talk, you invest time,you coach, its your job. Most of you are from large schools, area, more $$, travel teams etc. YOU, as in the bigger schools, ARE EXPECTED to perform better, simply put you have access to more players, more money, more club teams, etc... When a rural school comes in and do not have the advantages BUT are still willing to keep trying,--Thats says it all.Most do not know anything about Kat Nigro, yet everyone is rushed to judge her, and some even hate her. She does not come from money, does not go to a private school, not a big area, when High School season is over, she travels 100+ miles ONE WAY, 3x a week, to get to her club practices, and has been doing that for 4+ years. I found out a lot about this young lady, that's my job, as I do for the others in other states.There has been numerous articles written about her, numerous awards.She has EARNED her success. I know she will be supported by many when she continues her soccer career. When speaking to the TSSA, they are the first to tell me that Kat Nigro opened the door for many at TN ODP.My intention is not disrespect for any other player or team, my intention is simple. You, the TN teams, are playing with a girl that one day you will say "I watched her play" or "I played with her" or "she's from TN" with pride. I joined CoachT to find out about players, many times the posts are about players parents, it defeating the purpose. I dont post much here in TN, but Again, thank you for the compliment.

Thank you for the compliment

You're welcome. What did you think of the game?

I admit hoping CCS would have won so that I could have avoided the drive up Hwy 111, but at the same time was very interested in seeing Livingston play.And, I don't know of anyone that has anything to say negatively about any player from Livingston. Even the Livingston player that took out ND's best forward a minute into the game on a play away from the ball gets the benefit of the doubt. As fellow Tennesseans, we are all proud of our players that get college scholarships.

I admit hoping CCS would have won so that I could have avoided the drive up Hwy 111, but at the same time was very interested in seeing Livingston play.And, I don't know of anyone that has anything to say negatively about any player from Livingston. Even the Livingston player that took out ND's best forward a minute into the game on a play away from the ball gets the benefit of the doubt. As fellow Tennesseans, we are all proud of our players that get college scholarships.

I also would like to hear MOM's take on the game as well. In particular if he knows if the aforementioned girl took out No. 5 on her own or if she was instructed to do so. In either case she did her job well.

Good luck to LA tomorrow.

I was not at the LA/ND game, I went to see another player,a defender,in a small town in Georgia. I too had to take that road out of Livingston to Georgia, a few days ago.I always enjoy the TN Scenery and the mountains.

I was not at the LA/ND game, I went to see another player,a defender,in a small town in Georgia. I too had to take that road out of Livingston to Georgia, a few days ago.I always enjoy the TN Scenery and the mountains.

You missed quite a game. I love watching games when such converging styles come together.

I am quite impressed that you make a home visit during the middle of the week. At least, I am assuming it was a home visit since the Georgia high school season is in the spring. Or did you go see her training session with her club team? Either way, it's a good to know people like you take such an interest.