Sullivan South Rebels v TN High Vikings 10/29/10

2000southreb81

I think Boone gets the loser of the South-THS game. I just don't see Mo East beating Sevier County tonight.

I think it will look like this barring any upsets:

DC @ Powell

Mo East @ Knox West

THS @ Boone

South @ Mo West

Powell is already 10-0. I believe West will beat Heritage to take the 2nd spot. Mo' West should beat Seymour. I think South will beat THS and Sevier Co. will beat Mo East.

If there are any upsets it will definitely scramble those matchups.

Exactly. :popcorneater:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You’re right… and to be perfectly honest with you the only real surprise for me at this point in the game is Science Hill. I really thought they should have been better than they were this year and I thought that W would have been the difference maker in the end. But it ended up kinda like Boise State and VT. If South wins tonight I think that seals up second place in the conference with Boone in third… but I think a Viking win would put a crazy twist on the overall conference standings. That would put us all at 5-2. With THS beating South and South beating Boone who beat THS… how would the standings pan out? I also think Boone would more than likely play the loser of tonights game in the first round… IMO.

Out of South, Boone, and THS I think Boone is the winner regardless of where they place because they're the only team out of those three guaranteed a home game in the first round. THS and South appear to be packing their bags for the first round regardless.

Who cares about BOONE… this is a THS vs South thread. Don’t pat yourself on the back to hard because I could of picked a group of parents out of the stands and stopped the Viking offense that night. I hate to tell you this but I’m not taking part in the Boone tea party… I haven’t been impressed with anything they’ve done (other than the hard running from the backs) and really don’t think they’re that good. Boone threw a hail mary down the sidelines for the first score, and the other two were wrapped up with a big bow on the top inside the 10 yard line by the Viking offense (or lack there off). I watched the game last night just to try and figure out how in the world KC ran a punt back on Science Hill. So you can come down off your pony because I for one am not drinkin the Blazeraid. ;)

You are the one that mentioned Boone in the first place. If you quit mentioning Boone nobody would respond to your statements about them. And don't lie I know you are impressed. Kevin ran a punt back with perfect blocking, and inside about the 15 he just ran over a couple of boys. And you don't have to drink any blazeraid you can just keep on being a looser if you wish.

I’m hoping the Vikings can put together a better game plan (Coaches included) and bring it to the table this time… or else it’s going to be colder than the predicted temperature on the home side tonight because Double H WILL make you pay. By now the coaches should know what they are working with (which is still more than most) and should make adjustments to accent the attributions we do have. Boone and South are both perfect examples of coaches knowing what they’re working with and making it work for them. I still maintain the fact that if they don’t go ahead and let the Jr. QB get his feet wet, we will continue to struggle on offense. My guess is that Stubbs will do everything in his power to prove that wrong because…. that’s the way Stubb-orn is. If he hasn’t made the change thus far he’s decided to go down with the ship as I said in an earlier post. I DO think the Vikings have the crew to pull this one off, but it’s going to take a heavy hand at the wheel to steer them in the right direction to get some wind in those empty sails. Good luck and stay safe and injury free to all involved. :thumb:

I never take TN High lightly. There may be a blowout every once in awhile, but for the most part these two squads trade punches. The talent and potential are definitely there. I am hoping for a South win of course, but as ive stated earlier, i think it will be 27-21 or something similar either way. The 3-6 and 4-5 playoff match-up will be very interesting to see how it pans out. Good health(always) and good luck to all (except when you play my Rebels). bundle up and bring the hot cocoa, its gonna get chilly tonight!

21 zip is a tradition at South. 21 is the signal to get a chew, lace your boots up and get nasty.

I have seen the Vikings play 4 times times this season...after tonight. By far a different team than I have previously seen. Much more team speed than South. They wanted it. They executed. We lollygagged. But I think after 21 they thought we were done. When it hit 21 the alarm went off. They did not expect what happened after that. But they never gave up. Great effort by Bristol. I hope the Booners were there so they can give a report. Mine will be skewed. Our D line was the difference. Killer run by Castle. Great effort by the LB'ers. Haden? Hey, he's a South QB...what do you expect?

Truly, the Vikings played with heart. I knew they would. Cap, he didn't have control of the ball. It happened right in front of me. When he hit the ground he didn't have control of it. Yes, it was a game changer. Stubbs should have thrown more. Booners, I dare say the team we played tonight is not the same team you played.

Hat off to Heath Haden, the South coaching staff and players. South kept their composure and ... well ... they did what they do, and that's work hard till the end and get the win. I personally thought the Vikings played well tonight. Like I said earlier (probably more than a couple times) Stubbs-orn has decided to go down with the ship, because he failed to step up to the plate and make the change. That was the only thing missing tonight. Don't get me wrong, AS played his heart out and did what he could do... but AD would have allowed them to open up the playbook a little more... and allowed the offense to be much more efficient. The coaching staff only allowed AS to go down field maybe two times... and one was the TD at the end. Both teams came to play and didn't disappoint... but South was the better team tonight because their Coach is not afraid to do what he has to do to win games. No matter what ANYBODY thinks. And when you WIN... there are no questions (at least none that matter). Coach Stubbs had the nerve to through AD in the game at the spare of the moment on the Vikings last drive, (and without any warm up) and hung the game on his shoulders... what the hel-icopter!!!! :angry: And then had the audacity to pull him two plays later when he didn't convert. Stubbs is trippin!!! That's about the nicest way I could put it. Well ........................ I guess it's time to take the Viking hat off (because of Stubbs-orn) and put on the Big 8 hat. Good to see the Boys from Boone at the game. They sat right in front of me tonight, and it was impressive to see them represent as a team. :thumb:

PS. There was a close race between Seabolt and Haden in my mind... as to who was the MVP of the 2010 season. Haden wins hands down in my book... because not only is he a "gamer", but he brings that "Curt Phillips" confidence back to the South, and his teammates lay it on the line for him. That's leadership!!!! :thumb:

I meant to add a BY GOSH to that statement.

This is Cap1,,, and I just tell it like it tisss. :roflolk:

Edited by Cap1

21 zip is a tradition at South. 21 is the signal to get a chew, lace your boots up and get nasty.

I have seen the Vikings play 4 times times this season...after tonight. By far a different team than I have previously seen. Much more team speed than South. They wanted it. They executed. We lollygagged. But I think after 21 they thought we were done. When it hit 21 the alarm went off. They did not expect what happened after that. But they never gave up. Great effort by Bristol. I hope the Booners were there so they can give a report. Mine will be skewed. Our D line was the difference. Killer run by Castle. Great effort by the LB'ers. Haden? Hey, he's a South QB...what do you expect?

Truly, the Vikings played with heart. I knew they would. Cap, he didn't have control of the ball. It happened right in front of me. When he hit the ground he didn't have control of it. Yes, it was a game changer. Stubbs should have thrown more. Booners, I dare say the team we played tonight is not the same team you played.

You get no argument from me. Like I said before your boys earned every bit of this W. As soon as the receiver got up and just jogged back to the huddle... I knew he didn't make the play. Comp... other than the night I watched the replay of the DB vs SH game there has only been two other times I've been proud to be a member of the Big 8.... and South was in both of those equations. We had you out matched... your boys just played UP to TRADITION. If you don't mind... Stacy Carter tradition!! No offense... but I'm old school. :blush:

Edited by Cap1