Can Pirates rebound and make run at another Gold ball?

TrainTracks99

Whoa Bossbro. Dont get me started with Traintracks. I would never try to be like him. Here is my point. Im a big fan of David. I thought he was better than Robert, and a lot of people would try to argue with me when I make that statement. Just look at the stats he had as a backup to Robert when they had the same line. The next year the offensive line wasnt as good, and David still got his. Let me make my point though. David got the most attention out of the bigger schools then the other kids on the state championship team. He really performed at a high level, but do you agree with me that if David would have played at McCallie or Baylor and played at the same level schools around the whole nation would have offered? My point is when you go to a school like that you get more attention nationwide then we do here at South Pittsburg. Thats all im saying.

Your right about part of it.McCallie and Baylor dont send many to play at big schools.They have a better chance because of grades and MONEY.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not get to ride by that practice field today? Does anyone know if Grider practiced those boys hard today? I garuntee you that we need to run some 50 yard dashes so we will be real fast next Friday. You think im joking but im not.

They were at practice Roy. I seen them on on one knee huddled up though. Didnt seee them running any 50 yard dashes.

Your right about part of it.McCallie and Baylor dont send many to play at big schools.They have a better chance because of grades and MONEY.

Nope, but you dont go to a private school for nothing. I can see what he is saying. If your in a private school you have a chance to go to Michigan or OSU, but they will never look at anyone from our little school.

I see there are mis informed caged minded poster's still talking about much they know little about.David had 2 solid SEC offer's. Vandy and Miss.St. There is no shame in that. State wanted him as db. He was heavily recruited by and Tennessee at same time.Both those schools as well State lost their staffs at about the middle of his recruitment.I don't have to defend his ability. He did the best he could the rest of the season with a seperated AC joint ,he received against Boyd's Buc's. He laid it all the line for SP.

Bossbro you are right. I remember reading about this Jones boy in Murphy Fair book a few years ago and watching this boy run. He could run real fast and was real strong too. Let me ask you a question. What college is this boy playing at? He was good enough to play in the SEC. You think im joking but im not.

two each in the last 10 or 15 years i thank. Hall and Coleman from Mc and Cooper and a lineman from Baylor. How back to the subject. Gordonsville is a big IF.Get by them and i thank they win.

Im not worried about Gordonsville. Im worried about the State Championship. Let me ask you a question. Is it back in Cookeville? That was a long trip last year to come back home as a loser. I think the State Championship will be our toughest game though, and possibly back 2 back losses in it. We need to start winning these Gold Balls, and take advantage of how weak 1A is right now. I hope sooner than later Trousdale and some others are back down with us, but right now lets win it all easily.

Im not worried about Gordonsville. Im worried about the State Championship. Let me ask you a question. Is it back in Cookeville? That was a long trip last year to come back home as a loser. I think the State Championship will be our toughest game though, and possibly back 2 back losses in it. We need to start winning these Gold Balls, and take advantage of how weak 1A is right now. I hope sooner than later Trousdale and some others are back down with us, but right now lets win it all easily.

yes

Uncle Dave wanted to post a rebuttal, but I figured BossBro would clear the air on this.

David could not help that Vandy, Tennessee, and Miss St all had coaching changes while he

was being recruited....if this had not happenned he would be playing for one of them now.

Don't understand why people try to be experts on something when they don't even know the

whole story.

Good luck to David at MTSU. His play as a Pirate will always

be rememebered. He was a huge part of the 2007 championship

team effort and hopefully Pirate fans remember that.

Old Pirate says D. Jones worked hard his whole career in HS. The current Pirates would be wise to duplicates his efforts. Great kid that was respectful and got it done in the class room. :thumb:

yes

Don't get me wrong but the east is week outside of Gordonsville and So.Pitt. I respect the heck out of the So.Pitt program but in the system we have now it will continue to be that way for awhile. So. Pitt will be in contention every year under the current system. The west actually has more stronger teams at this point and time. The next classification Humbolt and Trenton Peabody and possibly Mckenzie will be back in class A to go along with Union City and Lake Co. Hopefully, Trousdale, Friendship and Hampton will all drop back to 1-A.Jo.Byrns and Wayne Co really seem to have things rolling right now and Perry Co. is really starting to come on strong. I wish the tssaa would go to 4 classes in all sports.Anyway meant no disrespect to So. Pitt or Gordonsville at all. On a side note would love to play So. Pitt again, as Lake Co. and So.PITT are tied at 1 a piece. Good luck to So.Pitt and Gordonsville troughout the playoff's.